Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927735 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #4900 on: December 16, 2015, 10:26:41 AM »
I'd venture to guess that for the past couple of weeks Hog fans have outnumbered K-State fans on this graveyard of a board.  Good golly, it's pert near impossible to get a good scuffle going.  I remember hearing years ago that the entire population of Kansas is really about 5 or 6 families that have been inbreeding since Civil War times.  Had no idea it was actually true.

Most pig aggies I have met avoid bringing up the Civil War

Offline Navin Johnson

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • Official Valet of J. Holly Blasingame, II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: December 16, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »
I'd venture to guess that for the past couple of weeks Hog fans have outnumbered K-State fans on this graveyard of a board.  Good golly, it's pert near impossible to get a good scuffle going.  I remember hearing years ago that the entire population of Kansas is really about 5 or 6 families that have been inbreeding since Civil War times.  Had no idea it was actually true.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I see.   Predictable; that's one of the first things to go when the DNA is diluted.
Arkansan by birth.  Razorback by the grace of God.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: December 16, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I see.   Predictable; that's one of the first things to go when the DNA is diluted.
You realize that reading, being a learned skill, can't go as a result of inbreeding, right?  I mean, i'm sure as much as you've struggled with literacy your whole life, this might sound odd that other people aren't just born with it but i assure you its true.

Offline Navin Johnson

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: December 16, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »

You realize that reading, being a learned skill, can't go as a result of inbreeding, right?  I mean, i'm sure as much as you've struggled with literacy your whole life, this might sound odd that other people aren't just born with it but i assure you its true.

Learned skills are more easily learned when one has the brain power to comprehend and retain.  Inbreeding, such as that studied at the prestigious University of Kansas in Lawrence, tends to weaken the brain's neurons, thus promoting the erosion (that's a word you dirt lovers should know) of such learned skills over time.  As a result, a skill learned at an early age is either forgotten or considerably lessened as the inbred person ages.  Hence, the learned skill -- in this case, reading -- becomes more difficult for the person to recall and implement (another word you'd know, but not like a tractor or a combine) the older the inbred gets. 

Or, to put it in a way you'd understand, stay the he11 away from your sister.  Otherwise you'll have kids that can't read and become eligible to be KSU student-athletes.

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: December 16, 2015, 04:43:29 PM »

Learned skills are more easily learned when one has the brain power to comprehend and retain.  Inbreeding, such as that studied at the prestigious University of Kansas in Lawrence, tends to weaken the brain's neurons, thus promoting the erosion (that's a word you dirt lovers should know) of such learned skills over time.  As a result, a skill learned at an early age is either forgotten or considerably lessened as the inbred person ages.  Hence, the learned skill -- in this case, reading -- becomes more difficult for the person to recall and implement (another word you'd know, but not like a tractor or a combine) the older the inbred gets. 

Or, to put it in a way you'd understand, stay the he11 away from your sister.  Otherwise you'll have kids that can't read and become eligible to be KSU student-athletes.

This is amazing.
 :lol: :ROFL:
EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline L. Paul Kriegschwein, esq

• Fan
  • "You are Guilty, Guilty, Guilty."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4905 on: December 16, 2015, 07:27:59 PM »
This is gold Jerry!!!
"I'd like to review the several ways with which you're a douchebag."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: December 16, 2015, 07:39:41 PM »

T's & P's for your family.  Sorry to here what happened to your dad, Pondwater Jackass.  My condolences to your mom... brothers and sisters shouldn't marry.  Maybe ArkieSaw will change their laws.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline L. Paul Kriegschwein, esq

• Fan
  • "You are Guilty, Guilty, Guilty."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: December 16, 2015, 07:53:54 PM »
So basically what you pussycats are sayin is that y'all should have learned your place a little better after we do unspeakable things to y'all in the liberty bowl, but will take y'all being garbage for another 5 years for you to truly understand how bad you are.

"I'd like to review the several ways with which you're a douchebag."

Offline Navin Johnson

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: December 16, 2015, 08:05:24 PM »

T's & P's for your family.  Sorry to here what happened to your dad, Pondwater Jackass.  My condolences to your mom... brothers and sisters shouldn't marry.  Maybe ArkieSaw will change their laws.

So you're sorry to here about that?  Are you also sorry to sea it? 

Brighten up, Jethro.

Offline Hog_Swanson

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: December 16, 2015, 08:39:04 PM »
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it.
Your image hurts the image of your program.  If it wasn't for that last game, you might have been one of the 5-7 teams with a bowl bid.  That's not good.

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: December 16, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »
You know this thread is remarkably prescient; just look at the decline of kittykat ball since the cotton bowl encounter. 

Offline Navin Johnson

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: December 17, 2015, 09:03:38 AM »
You know this thread is remarkably prescient; just look at the decline of kittykat ball since the cotton bowl encounter.

Somebody needs to get Ms. Lockett back in the family way, pronto!

(Do you prairie tards have any decent players not named Lockett, by the way?  Serious question.)

:dunno:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: December 17, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »

This is what sucks about our shittiest season in years.  We're playing in the same bowl game but because so much more is expected from us, we look like crap and they feel like champs for just making a bowl since we have such different program standards.  This is just like when Kentucky went to the NIT a few years back.  Doesn't matter if we win or lose, the story is how we showed up to a fourth rate bowl against a fifth rate team.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: December 17, 2015, 09:16:55 AM »

This is what sucks about our shittiest season in years.  We're playing in the same bowl game but because so much more is expected from us, we look like crap and they feel like champs for just making a bowl since we have such different program standards.  This is just like when Kentucky went to the NIT a few years back.  Doesn't matter if we win or lose, the story is how we showed up to a fourth rate bowl against a fifth rate team.

You're right about several things:
1) You had a shitty season.
2) You look like crap.
3) We look like [Liberty Bowl] champs.
4) We have [very] different program standards... I don't think that's ever been questioned.
5) See items 1-4.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: December 17, 2015, 09:32:41 AM »
Exactly - we had a shitty season and despite having essentially the same season, Arkansas thinks they are champions just by making a bowl game. 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: December 17, 2015, 09:36:53 AM »
I think this is their first bowl game since 2011, so let them be happy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: December 17, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »
Things that have happened since the Cotton Bowl:

K-State:  Big 12 championship, Heisman finalist, BCS bowl
Arkansas:  the duggars crap out 4 more kids

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: December 17, 2015, 09:44:54 AM »
I think this is their first bowl game since 2011, so let them be happy

Yeah our game against that Big 12 team last year shouldn't count it was so lopsided

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: December 17, 2015, 09:46:17 AM »
Didn't Arkys head coach implode immediately after the cotton bowl?

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: December 17, 2015, 09:48:56 AM »
Exactly - we had a shitty season and despite having essentially the same season, Arkansas thinks they are champions just by making a bowl game.

I'm pretty sure no one ever said we were champions.

I'm just sick and tired of K-State's bullshit of "we had a shitty season, we're playing in a shitty bowl, and we're probably going to lose and we know it so it doesn't really matter and the players don't care and Old Man Snyder is leaving and  :blah:"

You guys are lucky you even got a bowl bid after the season you've had. But you're here so own it and quit being a bunch of vaginas.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4920 on: December 17, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
I have no idea, I don't pay any attention to loser teams that only make bowl games every 5 years. That's only slightly better than ku does

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: December 17, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »
Didn't Arkys head coach implode immediately after the cotton bowl?

Pretty close. But she looked good in volleyball shorts so it was a win-win.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: December 17, 2015, 09:52:22 AM »

I'm just sick and tired of K-State's bullshit of "we had a shitty season, we're playing in a shitty bowl, and we're probably going to lose and we know it so it doesn't really matter and the players don't care and Old Man Snyder is leaving and  :blah:"

You guys are lucky you even got a bowl bid after the season you've had. But you're here so own it and quit being a bunch of vaginas.

man, these guys really want us to get hyped for this low tier bowl game they are thrilled to be in, standards tho

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: December 17, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »
Hey man we get it, we're the best team you'll face this year and you're really psyched up to play a name school. But for us it's a disappointing year (our worst since like the 80s or something) and we just don't have the motivation to get hyped for the rough ridin' liberty bowl. It is what it is dude

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: December 17, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »

man, these guys really want us to get hyped for this low tier bowl game they are thrilled to be in, standards tho

Same lame ass excuse, different K-State EMAWer.

Hey man we get it, we're the best team you'll face this year and you're really psyched up to play a name school. But for us it's a disappointing year (our worst since like the 80s or something) and we just don't have the motivation to get hyped for the rough ridin' liberty bowl. It is what it is dude

Please. Vanderbilt is better than K-State.