Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 919973 times)

Offline bleedpurple

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2350 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:42 AM »
Arkansas shmarkansas, a razorback isn't even a real bird.

You are truly a dumbass. A razorback I a type of wild boar!!

I highly doubt that. My research shows the razorback (Raphusrazorbackus) was a flightless bird endemic to the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. Related to pigeons and doves, it stood about a meter (3.3 feet) tall, weighing about 20 kilograms (44 lb), living on fruit, and nesting on the ground. The razorback, which was indigenous only to Mauritius, had lost the power of flight because food was abundant and predators were absent. By 1681 all razorbacks had been killed by the settlers or by their domesticated animals on the island. The extinction of the bird, within 80 years of its discovery, made man realize for the first time that he could induce the extinction of plants and animals. The bird is mainly represented by sub-fossil material today, so the external appearance of the bird is only known from paintings and written accounts from the 17th century, and since these vary considerably, and only a few sketches are known to have been drawn from life, mystery remains over its exact appearance.

I don't know about you folks in arkansas, but why have your mascot be an extinct bird from the Indian Ocean? Makes very little sense to me. But, whatever floats your boat, I guess.   :dunno:

We are not named after a flightless bird from the Indian ocean!! Are you seriously that stupid??

If not a bird, then what? I saw someone said it was some kind of pig earlier, but thats just ridiculous.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 07, 2011, 10:34:53 AM »

I highly doubt that. My research shows the razorback (Raphusrazorbackus) was a flightless bird endemic to the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. Related to pigeons and doves, it stood about a meter (3.3 feet) tall, weighing about 20 kilograms (44 lb), living on fruit, and nesting on the ground. The razorback, which was indigenous only to Mauritius, had lost the power of flight because food was abundant and predators were absent. By 1681 all razorbacks had been killed by the settlers or by their domesticated animals on the island. The extinction of the bird, within 80 years of its discovery, made man realize for the first time that he could induce the extinction of plants and animals. The bird is mainly represented by sub-fossil material today, so the external appearance of the bird is only known from paintings and written accounts from the 17th century, and since these vary considerably, and only a few sketches are known to have been drawn from life, mystery remains over its exact appearance.

I don't know about you folks in arkansas, but why have your mascot be an extinct bird from the Indian Ocean? Makes very little sense to me. But, whatever floats your boat, I guess.   :dunno:

We are not named after a flightless bird from the Indian ocean!! Are you seriously that stupid??

What? Link me. I could have sworn you guys said it yourself.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Debs6698

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 07, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
OMG, cant believe some of the things I am reading here about Arkansas.  Sound like alot of immature folks to me.  We will see who the better team is at the Cotton Bowl.  WPS!

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 07, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »
Hey, Arkansas I really enjoyed watching you guys play basketball last year.

Is Jimmer Fridette still going to be tossing up the three ball this year?
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 07, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »
OMG, cant believe some of the things I am reading here about Arkansas.  Sound like alot of immature folks to me.  We will see who the better team is at the Cotton Bowl.  WPS!

People still use AOL? Whoa.

Mind. Blown.

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: December 07, 2011, 10:48:03 AM »

No, the Jimmer went to play for  Brad Stevens and those automatons at VCU.

Offline Sao

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 07, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
you Kansas State mommies are gonna be really butthurt when the flagship kicks your ass by 4 touchdowns. Worse if BMFP doesn't show mercy in the 4th quarter.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
OMG, cant believe some of the things I am reading here about Arkansas.  Sound like alot of immature folks to me.  We will see who the better team is at the Cotton Bowl.  WPS!

People still use AOL? Whoa.

Mind. Blown.

You realize you can have an AOL email address without actually using AOL internet service...

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:14 AM »

That is correct, also related to the Blue-Footed Booby, he knows his stuff.

Offline bleedpurple

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »

No, the Jimmer went to play for  Brad Stevens and those automatons at VCU.

This is cutting edge stuff here.

Offline hogpokefan

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: December 07, 2011, 10:53:27 AM »
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 

I seriously do not have all the time in the world to read through all this BS, but should any team that once had this article written about them http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1068750/index.htm be worried about how playing any team will affect their image?  Hell the Hogs have been to a BCS Bowl more recently than you.

Both us and you guys got screwed out of BCS games and should be happy that at least our game ranks above the 2 crappy BCS bowls we got hosed out of http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/12/06/bowl-rankings/index.html#ixzz1fn0s8qoE  Hell even the Alamo Bowl ranks above those BCS games in being better.

I'm done with this board so ripe me to death as a troll or whatever I'm not coming back here again.  I'll hang out at the K-State's Rivals or Scout message boards were real intelligent discussion can be found on the game.  WPS

Offline artex

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: December 07, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

Offline Sao

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 07, 2011, 10:58:15 AM »
If Kansas State were in the SECW, they'd have about 1 win this season. FACT

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile

Offline hogpokefan

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: December 07, 2011, 11:00:10 AM »

Maybe 2, they might have gotten lucky and gotten Tennessee on their East schedule

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: December 07, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 07, 2011, 11:01:33 AM »

Would it have been LSU or Bama?

Offline Sao

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 07, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »

Maybe 2, they might have gotten lucky and gotten Tennessee on their East schedule

I was actually counting that as their ONE win. Even the Nutter would have beaten them.

Offline Sao

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 07, 2011, 11:03:27 AM »

Even those second level SECW teams would have destroyed you. You're in for a rude awakening when the flagship mauls you.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: December 07, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »

That is correct, also related to the Blue-Footed Booby, he knows his stuff.
I found some sort of dog: http://cambodianrazorbackdogs.com/Home_Page.php

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: December 07, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »

Even those second level SECW teams would have destroyed you. You're in for a rude awakening when the flagship mauls you.

You forgot "Sons of the Soil"

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »

Welcome to the board, vagina face.

Offline Sao

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: December 07, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »

A dude having pussy on his face is an insult in Kansas? Figures you dickfaces would think that.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: December 07, 2011, 11:10:30 AM »

A dude having pussy on his face is an insult in Kansas? Figures you dickfaces would think that.

Rule 34  :fatty:

Offline Sao

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: December 07, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »

Rule 34  :fatty:

Flagshikp makes the rules. Just like we're gonna make your sorry football team our bitches in the Cotton Bowl.