Author Topic: ksu bowl thread  (Read 112188 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Watch Okie Lite get in MNC game and KSU get selected...
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2011, 12:14:53 AM »
Alabama won't be pissed, they will be apathetic.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »

They will either be super :chainsaw: :curse: :shakesfist: and win their bowl game by six touchdowns (like last year against Michigan State) or they will be apathetic and not give a damn and get embarrassed (Sugar Bowl vs Utah)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2011, 12:17:47 AM »

They will either be super :chainsaw: :curse: :shakesfist: and win their bowl game by six touchdowns (like last year against Michigan State) or they will be apathetic and not give a damn and get embarrassed (Sugar Bowl vs Utah)

Utah was just a better team than Alabama that year, and Michigan State sucked ass last year. I think Saban would keep the team on an even keel and we would come in and beat them by 4.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: cotton
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2011, 12:26:29 AM »
Oh my. Sugar against Michigan? Getting hot in here.

Would Take.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2011, 12:30:38 AM »
If Michigan doesn't move up to 14 and TCU doesn't move up to 16, who would we play? I'd have a hard time getting excited about playing Virginia Tech or Boise State.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »
Crushing Boise would be amazing :love:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2011, 12:35:18 AM »
ESPN seems to think we suck.  On Final they were talking TCU and Mich getting the at larges.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »
ESPN seems to think we suck.  On Final they were talking TCU and Mich getting the at larges.

Well, if TCU moves up to 16, they are getting in automatically. People keep forgetting that Clemson and Baylor both won in convincing fashion, though. I don't think either team will be eligible because I think Michigan will be jumped by Baylor, finishing 15th and TCU will be jumped by Clemson, finishing 17th. I'm no expert, though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2011, 12:39:13 AM »
no way OSU gets in.  They dont deserve to either
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2011, 12:39:33 AM »

Well, if TCU moves up to 16, they are getting in automatically. People keep forgetting that Clemson and Baylor both won in convincing fashion, though. I don't think either team will be eligible because I think Michigan will be jumped by Baylor, finishing 15th and TCU will be jumped by Clemson, finishing 17th. I'm no expert, though.

I just hope the voters vote TCU out on purpose.  No one wants to see a team that lost to SMU in a BCS bowl. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2011, 12:42:14 AM »
no way OSU gets in.  They dont deserve to either

I disagree.  OSU has better wins.   LSU is the #1 team, why would I want to see them take on a team they already beat on the road instead of the other one loss team with better wins?  I'd rather see LSU route OSU than Bama sneak out a title against a team they lost to, or get beat again, and go well duh, should have made them play that other one loss team. 

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2011, 12:51:50 AM »
to play a VERY pissed off 'Bama team in New Orleans in front of all of their fans.  They probably wouldn't want to show Okie Lite up w/ compare scores against us or something.

:runaway:

Pretty sure we go to Fiesta Bowl in that case...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2011, 12:52:08 AM »
if kstate goes to the sugar bowl because baylor blocks michigan from 14th, it will be just like the ending of the lord of the rings with the misshapen, deformed hobbit burning to death.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Gantz9

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2011, 12:52:42 AM »
If OSU gets into the championship we are going to the fiesta not the sugar bowl.  Bring on Stanford.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2011, 12:53:44 AM »

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »
If OSU gets into the championship we are going to the fiesta not the sugar bowl.  Bring on Stanford.

Welcome! Thanks for creating an account to tell us that.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2011, 12:58:39 AM »
Interesting....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

We moved to #5 in this poll. OSU did not move up.

TCU didn't budge. UMich jumps 5 spots

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2011, 01:01:18 AM »
if kstate goes to the sugar bowl because baylor blocks michigan from 14th, it will be just like the ending of the lord of the rings with the misshapen, deformed hobbit burning to death.

So true. :lol:

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
Rivals has us in Sugar. Sorry is this is Luke'd

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-college_football_bowl_projections_120311

All the BCS games on there would be awesome match ups with similar styled teams.  I vote we do it that way.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
Oh my. Sugar against Michigan? Getting hot in here.

it'd be the baylor game all over again but on a much bigger stage :love:

They aren't as good as Baylor, we would crush them.  Gotta be the dream scenario here.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2011, 01:16:30 AM »
So like, what do we do when Baylor gets picked over us for the Sugar Bowl cause of RG3 and fan base local?

http://bcsguru.blogspot.com/
Here's the projected final BCS Standings:

1. LSU, 2. Oklahoma State, 3. Alabama, 4. Stanford, 5. Oregon, 6. Boise State, 7. Arkansas, 8. Kansas State, 9. South Carolina, 10. Wisconsin, 11. Baylor, 12. Virginia Tech, 13. Michigan, 14. Houston, 15. Oklahoma, 16. Michigan State, 17. Clemson, 18. TCU, 19. Georgia, 20. Nebraska.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2011, 01:19:27 AM »
So like, what do we do when Baylor gets picked over us for the Sugar Bowl cause of RG3 and fan base local?

1. LSU, 2. Oklahoma State, 3. Alabama, 4. Stanford, 5. Oregon, 6. Boise State, 7. Arkansas, 8. Kansas State, 9. South Carolina, 10. Wisconsin, 11. Baylor, 12. Virginia Tech, 13. Michigan, 14. Houston, 15. Oklahoma, 16. Michigan State, 17. Clemson, 18. TCU, 19. Georgia, 20. Nebraska.

That idiot has osu, #2.  Irrelevant

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2011, 01:22:23 AM »

Every Baylor fan in America could go to the game and Baylor still wouldn't be able to sell their allotment.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »

Informed and confident first post!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2011, 01:33:34 AM »

The way I understand it, and I'm no expert by any means, that if OSU gets the #2, they're going to the NC game, which in theory, the Fiesta should be awarded to Kansas State.