Author Topic: Kansas Govenor disrespects First Amendment, tattles on high schooler  (Read 7637 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas Govenor disrespects First Amendment, tattles on high schooler
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »
I was offended that she lied in her tweet.  About what she supposedly said to him in person, not that he blows a lot.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 01:51:55 AM »
Hadn't heard the part about her lying.  That's pretty (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:06:27 AM »
Most people's views on this just come down to political ideology. I think everyone should be embarrassed.
-  I can't believe the gov's office actually pays somebody to monitor social media,
-  I can't believe that idiot brought this idiotic tweet to the attention of the school (even if they were the host that invited him to speak),
-  I can believe an 18yo girl entering college could tweet something so sophomoric (is that the word you're looking for?), but
-  I can't believe that girl's parents would be so stupid as to take this to media, plastering her stupidity all over the country.

But I'll admit it, I kinda hope the University of Arkansas admissions committee hears about this and declines her admission on grounds of sheer stupidity. She comes across as a complete moron both in her tweet and her interviews.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 11:37:03 AM »
Good job, Sam. :flush:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 11:59:53 AM »
Most people's views on this just come down to political ideology. I think everyone should be embarrassed.
-  I can't believe the gov's office actually pays somebody to monitor social media,
-  I can't believe that idiot brought this idiotic tweet to the attention of the school (even if they were the host that invited him to speak),
-  I can believe an 18yo girl entering college could tweet something so sophomoric (is that the word you're looking for?), but
-  I can't believe that girl's parents would be so stupid as to take this to media, plastering her stupidity all over the country.

But I'll admit it, I kinda hope the University of Arkansas admissions committee hears about this and declines her admission on grounds of sheer stupidity. She comes across as a complete moron both in her tweet and her interviews.
I think the big difference here is one is a grown ass man who is the Governor of an entire state and the other is a girl in high school.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 01:35:23 PM »
-  I can't believe the gov's office actually pays somebody to monitor social media,
-  I can't believe that idiot brought this idiotic tweet to the attention of the school (even if they were the host that invited him to speak),
-  I can believe an 18yo girl entering college could tweet something so sophomoric (is that the word you're looking for?), but
-  I can't believe that girl's parents would be so stupid as to take this to media, plastering her stupidity all over the country.

I think the big difference here is one is a grown ass man who is the Governor of an entire state and the other is a girl in high school.

Right, but what did the grown ass man do besides hire a dumbass to do a dumbass job? I'm not defending him for doing either, but lets not pretend he had any personal involvement in this. Meanwhile, this idiot girl is the new Rosa Parks.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
-  I can't believe the gov's office actually pays somebody to monitor social media,
-  I can't believe that idiot brought this idiotic tweet to the attention of the school (even if they were the host that invited him to speak),
-  I can believe an 18yo girl entering college could tweet something so sophomoric (is that the word you're looking for?), but
-  I can't believe that girl's parents would be so stupid as to take this to media, plastering her stupidity all over the country.

Right, but what did the grown ass man do besides hire a dumbass to do a dumbass job? I'm not defending him for doing either, but lets not pretend he had any personal involvement in this. Meanwhile, this idiot girl is the new Rosa Parks.

Are you rough ridin' crazy, no personal involvement?  He has hired people to do internet searches for his name and report to him what they find.  If he didn't condone his office rough ridin' tattling on a high school kid his office would have released a statement by now.  This bad person turned down federal dollars that could have helped the state of health care in his state under tge guise of not wanting big government yet he's paying people to read the mean things said about him on twitter.

No one gives a crap about the high school girl, I linked the damn articles and I don't know her name.  We all can see she is a dumb ass kid who lied on twitter.  An 18 year old who lied PK twitter isn't what makes the story noteworthy so stop talking about it.  The governor of this state is a thin skinned baby who can't take an 18 year old telling him that he sucks.  Sam Brownback and the rats he's hired don't give a damn about the civil liberties of its citizens.  IMO this is more embarrassing that the state BOEs intelligent design controversy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 02:06:31 PM »
Oh one more thing just in case one of the guests reading is one of Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback
Sam Brownback's little hired tattle tales.  eff him and eff you too.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »
Are you rough ridin' crazy, no personal involvement?  He has hired people to do internet searches for his name and report to him what they find.  If he didn't condone his office rough ridin' tattling on a high school kid his office would have released a statement by now.  This bad person turned down federal dollars that could have helped the state of health care in his state under tge guise of not wanting big government yet he's paying people to read the mean things said about him on twitter.

No one gives a crap about the high school girl, I linked the damn articles and I don't know her name.  We all can see she is a dumb ass kid who lied on twitter.  An 18 year old who lied PK twitter isn't what makes the story noteworthy so stop talking about it.  The governor of this state is a thin skinned baby who can't take an 18 year old telling him that he sucks.  Sam Brownback and the rats he's hired don't give a damn about the civil liberties of its citizens.  IMO this is more embarrassing that the state BOEs intelligent design controversy.

You just perfectly demonstrated how political ideology causes people to get completely bent out of shape over such a stupid thing, and make stupid assumptions to support stupid conclusions. Let's just take the part I underlined above. Could it be, just maybe, that he is embarrassed by this and would like the story to die as quickly as possible - hence not release a statement and see if it survives the holiday weekend? Nah, of course not - he's glad this happened.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »
No one gives a crap about the high school girl, I linked the damn articles and I don't know her name.  We all can see she is a dumb ass kid who lied on twitter.  An 18 year old who lied PK twitter isn't what makes the story noteworthy so stop talking about it. 

I take PI integrity very seriously.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »

You just perfectly demonstrated how political ideology causes people to get completely bent out of shape over such a stupid thing, and make stupid assumptions to support stupid conclusions. Let's just take the part I underlined above. Could it be, just maybe, that he is embarrassed by this and would like the story to die as quickly as possible - hence not release a statement and see if it survives the holiday weekend? Nah, of course not - he's glad this happened.

The only person involving political ideology in their opinion of this is you.  I shouldn't have even put this on this board it belongs on the combo board.  This doesn't have crap to do with the holiday weekend.  And give me a break with the he's embarrassed crap, he has hired more than one person to do exactly this.  He wasn't guilty of making a bad decision in a snap, this is clearly something that his office finds important.  Even if you do think that it was an embarrassing mistake to hire people to read stuff about you on the internet and then another embarrassing mistake to tattle tale on a high school kid, do you really think its good policy for the governor of a state to just hope his mistakes go away without any acknowledgment of said embarrassing mistake?

I bet this isn't the first time his office did something like this, after all he has paid staffers doing this crap, just the first time he was caught.  If you can see his silence is speaking volumes here, I can't help you.  Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »
IMO this is more embarrassing that the state BOEs intelligent design controversy.

IDK it's pretty hard to out embarrass the intelligent design deal, but this comes close. Combine BOE intelligent design, with Brownback's twitter deal, with Dr. Tiller being murdered and you can make a strong case that Kansas is one of the stupidest and most redneck states up there with Texas, Mississippi, and Arkansas.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 03:17:08 PM »

The only person involving political ideology in their opinion of this is you.  I shouldn't have even put this on this board it belongs on the combo board.  This doesn't have crap to do with the holiday weekend.  And give me a break with the he's embarrassed crap, he has hired more than one person to do exactly this.  He wasn't guilty of making a bad decision in a snap, this is clearly something that his office finds important.  Even if you do think that it was an embarrassing mistake to hire people to read stuff about you on the internet and then another embarrassing mistake to tattle tale on a high school kid, do you really think its good policy for the governor of a state to just hope his mistakes go away without any acknowledgment of said embarrassing mistake?

I bet this isn't the first time his office did something like this, after all he has paid staffers doing this crap, just the first time he was caught.  If you can see his silence is speaking volumes here, I can't help you.  Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

Complete rough ridin' bullshit on the first part, absolutely correct on the latter. There's an entire industry devoted to gathering PUBLIC information for private use. Brownback, in monitoring social media, isn't doing anything different than thousands of other politicians, businesses, universities and celebrities. All of these people pay a shitload of money for this information.

It's only in how they use this information that determines if they're petty, childish dumbasses who do indeed suck. Brownback failed that test.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 03:21:18 PM »
FWIW, a friend of mine tweeted negative stuff about Lynn Jenkins at some point and was told by his employer, who had been contacted by Lynn Jenkins' staff, to take it down.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »

Complete rough ridin' bullshit on the first part, absolutely correct on the latter. There's an entire industry devoted to gathering PUBLIC information for private use. Brownback, in monitoring social media, isn't doing anything different than thousands of other politicians, businesses, universities and celebrities. All of these people pay a shitload of money for this information.

It's only in how they use this information that determines if they're petty, childish dumbasses who do indeed suck. Brownback failed that test.

I understand law enforcement monitoring these things for security purposes and have no problem with that.  I have a huge problem with any government official hiring a civilian to monitor the internet for people saying mean things.  Now if we want to take this specific case we have a governor who is the only governor in the history of America to eliminate his state's arts council because he wants to eliminate government waste yet he's using our tax dollars to pay people to monitor twitter.  Sorry but this makes him a hypocritical bad person, I don't care who else does it, its wrong even more so if you are pulling basic social services by claiming poor.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
FWIW, a friend of mine tweeted negative stuff about Lynn Jenkins at some point and was told by his employer, who had been contacted by Lynn Jenkins' staff, to take it down.
Was your friend a senior in highschool and was her employer a part time manager at Coldstone Creamery?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »
Was your friend a senior in highschool and was her employer a part time manager at Coldstone Creamery?

I didn't say they were comparable situations.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »
Seems like you implied that they were.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »
Seems like you implied that they were.

I thought the "FWIW" at the beginning of my post would make it obvious I wasn't trying to compare them. If anything it was just to show evidence that other staffs hire people to monitor negative comments from the general public.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »

I understand law enforcement monitoring these things for security purposes and have no problem with that.  I have a huge problem with any government official hiring a civilian to monitor the internet for people saying mean things.  Now if we want to take this specific case we have a governor who is the only governor in the history of America to eliminate his state's arts council because he wants to eliminate government waste yet he's using our tax dollars to pay people to monitor twitter.  Sorry but this makes him a hypocritical bad person, I don't care who else does it, its wrong even more so if you are pulling basic social services by claiming poor.

LOL, you're really grasping at straws here and not getting the point. I am amused at how many words you use while grasping though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »

LOL, you're really grasping at straws here and not getting the point. I am amused at how many words you use while grasping though.

I don't give a flying eff who else pays pays people to search the net for negative feedback, doesnt make it right. Succinct enough for you?

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
I understand law enforcement monitoring these things for security purposes and have no problem with that. 

why not?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 11:04:54 PM »
hilarious