Author Topic: Who is ready to win a Dr. Pepper this week?  (Read 9138 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Who is ready to win a Dr. Pepper this week?
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
SOONER!!!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »
If we are playing in a system where a team that loses to another team and doesn't even play for their conference championship gets a rematch with the opportunity to win it all. I hardly think you can object to KSU claiming a three way title.

Also. I don't see this as being one of the last BIG 12 championships for years to come. In time it will just blend into championship landscape. I think we can pull down 1 or two a decade.

Getting a BIG 12 championship and then playing Arkansas in the Cotton and beating them? Way better than any BCS win that we could hope to pull off.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »
If we are playing in a system where a team that loses to another team and doesn't even play for their conference championship gets a rematch with the opportunity to win it all. I hardly think you can object to KSU claiming a three way title.

Also. I don't see this as being one of the last BIG 12 championships for years to come. In time it will just blend into championship landscape. I think we can pull down 1 or two a decade.

Getting a BIG 12 championship and then playing Arkansas in the Cotton and beating them? Way better than any BCS win that we could hope to pull off.

It would be nice to win more, but being realistic, Big 12 championships are going to be much more difficult to win with 10 teams than they were with 12. If we win this one, we should cherish it as if it's going to be our last.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 08:50:28 AM »

It would be nice to win more, but being realistic, Big 12 championships are going to be much more difficult to win with 10 teams than they were with 12. If we win this one, we should cherish it as if it's going to be our last.

there's no evidence for claiming the old Big 12 is harder than the round robin.  instead of competing against other Big 12 North schools who may be playing an easier round of South schools everyone has to play the same schedule - although some teams get more home games than others.

teams that play more consistently have been rewarded in the first season of the round robin schedule.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »

there's no evidence for claiming the old Big 12 is harder than the round robin.  instead of competing against other Big 12 North schools who may be playing an easier round of South schools everyone has to play the same schedule - although some teams get more home games than others.

teams that play more consistently have been rewarded in the first season of the round robin schedule.

Ya I'm thinking this round-robin helps us.  The OU's of the world used to get two years to prepare for LHC Bill Snyder. 

Offline Coley

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
I guess telling a recruit that we are 2011 Big 12 champs, wouldn't hurt... :thumbsup:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »
I guess telling a recruit that we are 2011 Big 12 champs, wouldn't hurt... :thumbsup:
:blank:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »
The biggest potential * of all-time?  I think so. 

18-1 is KILLING him.

What is 18-1?  Is that the number of Big 12 championships KU has compared to K-State?

KILLING him.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 05:31:56 PM »
Who is ready to go out and party their ass off in Aggieville after OU beats OSU?

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
Who is ready to go out and party their ass off in Aggieville after OU beats OSU?

Bringing along some industrial strength epoxy so I can glue it back on after partying it off ...
I'm not a psychopath.  I'm a high-functioning sociopath.  Do your research.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
I will be the one spraying 23 flavors all over everybody.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 07:46:15 PM »
I was having a conversation with a couple of other EMAWS today which made me go crunch some serious numbers and the resuLts were startling.

If we win the Big 12 on Saturday, we will have won THE 2 HARDEST BIG 12'S EVER ('03 & '11).

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »
Just double checked my calculations.  CONFIRMED.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 08:32:28 PM »
Almost convinced now that OSU will win.   :embarrassed:

Higher ranked, at home, two weeks to prepare.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
Almost convinced now that OSU will win.   :embarrassed:

Higher ranked, at home, two weeks to prepare.
OU pretty much had the same

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »

Will be ordering flaming Dr. Peppers for the whole bar, and if the bar back of the fine establishment refuses I will bunch him in the face for being a squawk.

:lynchmob:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
Ran the info through accounting and our tech department.  Triple confirmed.  Amazing.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »
If the Wildcats win Farmageddon this week and Oklahoma wins Bedlam, the Big 12 will recognize Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Kansas State as conference tri-champions. The Wildcats -- who got whacked by Oklahoma and edged by Oklahoma State -- won't really be the champs, though. The real champ is the one who gets the BCS automatic bid, and that would be Oklahoma in that scenario. Kansas State might still wind up in a BCS bowl, though. Stanford and Houston likely will qualify automatically, and that would leave two spots up for grabs. Michigan, which every bowl covets, has yet to move into the top 14. Meanwhile, a bowl might be more likely to select Kansas State than the loser of Bedlam.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/11/29/tv-finale-power-rankings/index.html#ixzz1fDy26uwK

don't like the "won't really be the champs, though" shot, but love that Andy Staples calls it Farmageddon.  What an EMAW treasure.