Author Topic: Guess Which Midwest Pot Luck Having City Is Getting A Trader Joes  (Read 18390 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Guess Which Midwest Pot Luck Having City Is Getting A Trader Joes
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 10:00:30 AM »
boom, you're roasted.  haven't tried it though.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »
What are the liquor laws like up there?  Can they sell booze in grocery stores? 

Oh yeah.  Prolly the best liquor store I've ever been to is inside/next to the Hyvee.  It's ginormous and you just wheel your shopping cart full of apples or whatever into the booze side and shop your ass off.  They have a guy dedicated to micro brews and a wine guy that will each answer all your questions and special order stuff.  Very elite. 

http://www.bumwine.com/

Why do you need to ask questions about Night Train, just unscrew the cap and throw it away, then enjoy.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »
Kansas won't change their stupid liquor laws.  Too many Jeffy's out there in western KS.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »
http://blogs.kansas.com/haveyouheard/2010/07/28/trader-joes-in-downtown-wichita-cindy-claycomb-is-working-on-it/

Not happening. 

Oh, I know.  I love her explanation of solving two problems which are both, in addition to the liquor thing, main reasons why it won't work.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 10:14:21 AM »
http://blogs.kansas.com/haveyouheard/2010/07/28/trader-joes-in-downtown-wichita-cindy-claycomb-is-working-on-it/

Not happening. 

Oh, I know.  I love her explanation of solving two problems which are both, in addition to the liquor thing, main reasons why it won't work.

Yeah and she is just trying to do what that other guy did with Chick-Fil-A which I still don't think has panned out to anything yet. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »

Not happening. 

Yeah and she is just trying to do what that other guy did with Chick-Fil-A which I still don't think has panned out to anything yet. 

Great.  Look what that bitch did.  Got the old man too fired up about whether or not they should come to Wichita.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38448116?gt1=43001

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 02:10:55 PM »

Not happening. 

Great.  Look what that bitch did.  Got the old man too fired up about whether or not they should come to Wichita.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38448116?gt1=43001

So he was a Nazi?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 07:35:22 AM »
Ward Parkway Center in south Kansas City and Leawood’s One Nineteen at 119th Street and Roe Avenue.

:jerk:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:38:22 AM by michigancat »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 07:42:52 AM »
Sometimes I go to trader joe's when the line is too long at Rodman's or Dean & Deluca's. Or if I'm just in the mood for second-rate pizza dough.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »

Not happening. 

So he was a Nazi?

Not that I am aware of, but his granddaughter is smokin. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 08:21:55 AM »
Ward Parkway Center in south Kansas City and Leawood’s One Nineteen at 119th Street and Roe Avenue.

they screwed the pooch on that one.  i don't blame TJ's as much as I do RED Development (jackass east plaza company).  they sold them a bag of goods with both locations being complete crap.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »

they screwed the pooch on that one.  i don't blame TJ's as much as I do RED Development (jackass east plaza company).  they sold them a bag of goods with both locations being complete feces.

I think Ward is a formerly elite center that is on the cusp of some great things.  It's not like there is anywhere to build it on plaza and Brookside could be the most expensive place to build/open a new place in the city.  Makes sense to me and it's not a horrible from west plaza.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 09:37:56 AM »

they screwed the pooch on that one.  i don't blame TJ's as much as I do RED Development (jackass east plaza company).  they sold them a bag of goods with both locations being complete feces.

I think Ward is a formerly elite center that is on the cusp of some great things.  It's not like there is anywhere to build it on plaza and Brookside could be the most expensive place to build/open a new place in the city.  Makes sense to me and it's not a horrible from west plaza.
ya i've thought about it a little bit after discussing with some friends and agree they haven't done too bad.  brookside/waldo is the first and obvious choice, but they already have two boutque markets (brookside and constantinos).

south plaza on main street (near where the double dragon used to be) would have been the elitest for me.  nothing on west plaza is zoned corrrectly for a TJs.

i hate any new development in south leawood.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »
Now if we can just get an Ikea ... the metro might be free from the ridiculously vocal pining of the world's most annoying consumer demographic. 

Those honey sesame cashews are going to change your life.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 12:20:55 PM »
Going to need reviews/input from KC users.  Both locations are 45min from my house.  Not sure I can say it would be worth it???

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 12:34:30 PM »

Looks like Cindy was right about Kansas liquor laws and TJs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2010, 12:41:09 PM »
Going to need reviews/input from KC users.  Both locations are 45min from my house.  Not sure I can say it would be worth it???

You're going to want to go to the Mizzou one because they will have booze (unless KS has recently changed their weird liquor laws). 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:45 PM »
neither location is worth a 90 minute round trip drive.  it's a rough ridin' grocery store.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2010, 12:47:10 PM »

You're going to want to go to the Mizzou one because they will have booze (unless KS has recently changed their weird liquor laws). 

There are stores in KS that have the liquor under the same roof, but seperated by a small glass wall, same in Massachusetts and there are plenty of TJs there.