Author Topic: Taco Lucha  (Read 15891 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Taco Lucha
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »
MIR got the burrito today and it looked amazing. So amazing that I'd get it tomorrow for lunch but they're closed on Mondays.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »
MIR got the burrito today and it looked amazing. So amazing that I'd get it tomorrow for lunch but they're closed on Mondays.

i wouldn't get it. heard they prep them a day in advance. just fyi.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »

i wouldn't get it. heard they prep them a day in advance. just fyi.

:lol:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
What burrito did MIR get? The beast, is what I have been eyeing...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2011, 10:04:37 PM »
What burrito did MIR get? The beast, is what I have been eyeing...

Confirmed.  While some very loud tuck talked about feeding the beast during the hoops game, at Taco Lucha, the Beast fed MIR.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »
An egg on a burrito just sounds too crazy for the straight-laced tastebuds of this EMAW.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2011, 12:16:14 AM »
An egg on a burrito just sounds too crazy for the straight-laced tastebuds of this EMAW.

The egg isn't noticeable, I literally didn't know it was there.  It was essentially a chorizo bomb.  The best part of BEAST is that they serve it with chips and a dip that comprised of cheese, sauce, and a shredded meat, I think chicken :dunno: it was good though.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2011, 01:08:16 AM »

The egg isn't noticeable, I literally didn't know it was there.  It was essentially a chorizo bomb.  The best part of BEAST is that they serve it with chips and a dip that comprised of cheese, sauce, and a shredded meat, I think chicken :dunno: it was good though.
Hm.  Sound pretty good...

HOWEVER, the egg still kind of freaks me out.  I'd bet I could ask for it without the egg.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2011, 01:47:29 AM »
Just kinda skimmer this thread but I have 2 things to say:  I love eggs in burritos.  Like breakfast burritos.  I also love over easy eggs on enchiladas.  Something about the yolk mixing up with the sauce and also the contents.  :lick:  Thirdly:  I pretty much just love eggs in general.  (On a hamburger!)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2011, 12:47:47 PM »
Just kinda skimmer this thread but I have 2 things to say:  I love eggs in burritos.  Like breakfast burritos.  I also love over easy eggs on enchiladas.  Something about the yolk mixing up with the sauce and also the contents.  :lick:  Thirdly:  I pretty much just love eggs in general.  (On a hamburger!)

I'm not a big egg guy, but I do love breakfast burritos too and that's why I ordered BEAST.  It was nothing like a breakfast burrito, like I said its just like seemingly a pound of chorizo wrapped in a flower tortilla with some kind of magic sauce on top of it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »
I'm going to order that when I go there  :horrorsurprise:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »
Baan Thai, anyone been yet? Thinking about going tomorrow for lunch.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »

yes.  expensive, pretty good.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »

How was the service? I went for dinner a couple weeks ago and it was quite possibly the worst service I've ever had. The food we ordered was definitely good though.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »

How was the service? I went for dinner a couple weeks ago and it was quite possibly the worst service I've ever had. The food we ordered was definitely good though.

carried out

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2011, 05:35:11 PM »

HOWEVER, the egg still kind of freaks me out.  I'd bet I could ask for it without the egg.

Got THE BEAST! today. Incredible. The egg was amazing on it. They use an aioli sauce, I assume red pepper, in the burrito that may be one of the best sauces I've ever tasted. Just great all around.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2012, 12:47:39 AM »

Got THE BEAST! today. Incredible. The egg was amazing on it. They use an aioli sauce, I assume red pepper, in the burrito that may be one of the best sauces I've ever tasted. Just great all around.

agree with Stevsie. Got the Beast tonight and was not disappointed. The egg really made it imo. There may have been too much of their homeade sausage or w/e you call it in there. And i don't think i got the dip MIR referenced. I just got chips. Either way it was still great. Will get the Cheese Steak Burrito next time.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2012, 01:56:35 AM »

agree with Stevsie. Got the Beast tonight and was not disappointed. The egg really made it imo. There may have been too much of their homeade sausage or w/e you call it in there. And i don't think i got the dip MIR referenced. I just got chips. Either way it was still great. Will get the Cheese Steak Burrito next time.

I assume the chips were for the cheesy, saucy stuff on the plate with BEAST.  The cheesy saucy mixture was substantial enough to use all of my chips on and still have plenty of the burrito.  There is quite a bit of chorizo, probably too much, wish the inside of BEAST was more diverse, but its a good meal and I'll likely not eat anything else there given the mixed reviews of the tacos.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »
damn, you're probably right about the dip. I was just so intimidated by it I didn't think it through.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »

sums it up. good thai food isn't going to cheap. especially in manhattan, ks compared to what else is available. was very good though.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2012, 03:00:53 PM »
Aroy Thai is way better.

Edit: than baan Thai, not comparing to taco lucha

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »

Interesting, just saw this, did you go?  I ate there for the first time today at around 12:15.  I thought it was really good, haven't been to Aroy Thai to compare though...

Expensive for lunch I guess, but not too expensive, 2 of us split 2 $10 items and have some leftovers.
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
I couldn't have been more wrong!

:horrorsurprise:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »

Interesting, just saw this, did you go?  I ate there for the first time today at around 12:15.  I thought it was really good, haven't been to Aroy Thai to compare though...

Expensive for lunch I guess, but not too expensive, 2 of us split 2 $10 items and have some leftovers.
Yes. I thought it was cheaper and better than Aroy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2012, 11:52:02 PM »
I couldn't have been more wrong!

:horrorsurprise:

:thumbsup: what did you think of the dippy type stuff surrounding BOMB