Author Topic: CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry) Denial  (Read 31948 times)

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
Re: CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry) Denial
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »
will colt make it there saturday to BSFS to watch baby bro take the field?!? or will he break his neck again?? curious to find out

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »
Do you think they're putting a cardboard cutout of Chase McCoy's face on Sam Johnson's facemask and having him chug vodka before practice so he runs all awkward and throws ducks?
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
Do you think they're putting a cardboard cutout of Chase McCoy's face on Sam Johnson's facemask and having him chug vodka before practice so he runs all awkward and throws ducks?

i bet ol' sam knows that texas playbook much better than babymccoy.  sam is highly knowledgeable about playbooks.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »
Do any of the Texas people recognize the CTR or that there is in fact a real disease called CTR Denial?  Also, could someone help this poor fool out?

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/122567-What-the-hell-to-do-in-Manhattan

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »

vs

Our guy is way prettier, imho.

lookalike threads   :jerk:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
Do any of the Texas people recognize the CTR or that there is in fact a real disease called CTR Denial?  Also, could someone help this poor fool out?

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/122567-What-the-hell-to-do-in-Manhattan

Aggieville is pretty sweet. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings there that always has a great atmosphere and the radio stations are always there giving away free food and tee shirts and $#@!. Last game I went to was in 2006 when Colt got hurt and after what seemed like 8000 "GOOD FOR ANOTHER WILDCAT (cue crazy wildcat row row noise) FIRST DOWN" pa announcements, I haven't been back but the place is actually pretty cool. The stadium is $#@! and you better take some warm ass gear cuz I froze my ass off that night. Have fun.

:excited:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »
There is a Buffalo Wild Wings there that always has a great atmosphere
The man makes a pretty damn good point.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
Well this is news to me:

If i were going to this game, I would be depart on Friday and be north of Denton on i-35 before 9am in order to get to Salina for a late lunch. The target of this mission is The Land Institute in Salina. The last tour of the day is 3.30 on fridays. I learned of this shop from a Harper's article earlier this year. They have been working on cultivating a sustainable strain of pernennial wheat for more than 30 years WITHOUT genetic engineering, purely by pollen transfer. They think they are less than 25 years, maybe as few as 15 years away, from the end product.

Why is this important? All the wheat and corn grown today has to be sown every year. The damage to the soil and the petrol and machinery to do this requires massive amounts of additional chemicals with their attendant cost, and most importantly, the voracious water consumption of annual plants (replanted every year) is about to finally drain the biggest aquifer under the great plains beyond the point of it's ability to recharge.

Perennial Wheat, which The Land Institute has named Kernza, is planted once, and the same root system regenerates and flowers annually. The land does not have to be plowed and re-plowed. The harvesting expenditure plummets. Water consumption plummets.

Assuming we don't get replicators or 3-D printers than can print a loaf of bread, Wes Jackson, the founder of The Institute, will be a household name later in the millenium when his Kernza is harvested in space stations and planetary outposts across the galaxy. And you can meet him today.

If anyone wants the Harper's article and doesn't have a subscription, PM me and i can pull a .pdf for you, it's a fantastic read.

Anyone who decides to make this side trip, DO NOT wing it on the nav. The location is less than 2 miles east/southeast of downtown Salina, but read up on their website, as the paved ingress and egress options were all under renovation/repair the last time i looked.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry) Denial
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
Wow, that Texan is a great Kansan.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »
Well this is news to me:

If i were going to this game, I would be depart on Friday and be north of Denton on i-35 before 9am in order to get to Salina for a late lunch. The target of this mission is The Land Institute in Salina. The last tour of the day is 3.30 on fridays. I learned of this shop from a Harper's article earlier this year. They have been working on cultivating a sustainable strain of pernennial wheat for more than 30 years WITHOUT genetic engineering, purely by pollen transfer. They think they are less than 25 years, maybe as few as 15 years away, from the end product.

Why is this important? All the wheat and corn grown today has to be sown every year. The damage to the soil and the petrol and machinery to do this requires massive amounts of additional chemicals with their attendant cost, and most importantly, the voracious water consumption of annual plants (replanted every year) is about to finally drain the biggest aquifer under the great plains beyond the point of it's ability to recharge.

Perennial Wheat, which The Land Institute has named Kernza, is planted once, and the same root system regenerates and flowers annually. The land does not have to be plowed and re-plowed. The harvesting expenditure plummets. Water consumption plummets.

Assuming we don't get replicators or 3-D printers than can print a loaf of bread, Wes Jackson, the founder of The Institute, will be a household name later in the millenium when his Kernza is harvested in space stations and planetary outposts across the galaxy. And you can meet him today.

If anyone wants the Harper's article and doesn't have a subscription, PM me and i can pull a .pdf for you, it's a fantastic read.

Anyone who decides to make this side trip, DO NOT wing it on the nav. The location is less than 2 miles east/southeast of downtown Salina, but read up on their website, as the paved ingress and egress options were all under renovation/repair the last time i looked.

I've never done this before but, DNR.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
Give it a try, Pete.  There's a part in it where he says "harvested in space stations and planetary outposts across the galaxy."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »
Well this is news to me:

Too bad none of Wes Jackson's degrees are from K-State. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2012, 12:23:41 PM »
Well this is news to me:

Someone with an account there needs to tell him the Water Well project is complete and the exit is now open.  It is now quick and easy to The Land Institute. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
Give it a try, Pete.  There's a part in it where he says "harvested in space stations and planetary outposts across the galaxy."

Well, i'll be damned.  Not bad.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
Had my first CTR Dream last night....First drive of the game, Ash drives them down the field, 1st and goal at the 8....Ash throws a 7 yard out and nigel jumps it and takes it to the house. Herbie is going off about how everyone says texas has better athletes but nobody came close to catching nigel.
:cool:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »
I'm not sure it happened exactly like that but whatevs.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
Had my first CTR Dream last night....First drive of the game, Ash drives them down the field, 1st and goal at the 8....Ash throws a 7 yard out and nigel jumps it and takes it to the house. Herbie is going off about how everyone says texas has better athletes but nobody came close to catching nigel.
:cool:

Did the officials review the play in your dream?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2013, 09:28:59 PM »
From a shaggy thread regarding their inability to beat OU

My father lives in LA and I have brought him out for 5 or 6 TX/OU game in the past 12 years. He has seen exactly one victory (2005). He just asked me if he could come to a different game this year. Of course I said yes. He picked Kansas State. I didn't have the heart to tell him.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »
That's fantastic.  Such thorough ownership.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »

My father lives in LA and I have brought him out for 5 or 6 TX/OU game in the past 12 years. He has seen exactly one victory (2005). He just asked me if he could come to a different game this year. Of course I said yes. He picked Kansas State. I didn't have the heart to tell him.

:lol:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2013, 10:53:08 PM »

:lol:

I love UT fans and sb

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »
If feels good having a gimp
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »
It's so strange.  Some of their fans almost seem like they don't even care to beat us...just sort of resigned to it.  Kinda like KSU fans were when we were losing to Colorado there for a while. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry) Denial
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »
It's so strange.  Some of their fans almost seem like they don't even care to beat us...just sort of resigned to it.  Kinda like KSU fans were when we were losing to Colorado there for a while.

11-1 is the perfect UT season

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry) Denial
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2013, 01:06:47 AM »
I love this thread.

TapiPhone