Author Topic: CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry) Denial  (Read 32234 times)

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry) Denial
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »
Many wonder why our (sometimes) annual football game with the University of Texas is affectionately called the Chisholm Trail Rivalry.  We call it a rivalry instead of a showdown or something like that both because it is more PC and also because we love to patronize UT fans.  Everyone knows a rivalry happens when both teams win once in a while, and UT has struggled mightily with the Wildcats of the Flint Hills.  Since I see no earlier post about this (not like this site is user friendly/searchable anyway) on the football board, let's get started. 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Chisholm Trail was a trail used in the late 19th century to drive cattle overland from ranches in Texas to Kansas railheads. The portion of the trail marked by Jesse Chisholm went from his southern trading post near the Red River, to his northern trading post near Kansas City, Kansas. Texas ranchers using the Chisholm Trail started on that route from either the Rio Grande or San Antonio, Texas, and went to the railhead of the Kansas Pacific Railway in Abilene, Kansas, where the cattle would be sold and shipped eastward.

The trail is named for Jesse Chisholm who had built several trading posts in what is now western Oklahoma before the American Civil War. He died in 1868, too soon ever to drive cattle on the trail.

http://www.thechisholmtrail.com/map2.htm

To save you all some boring reads on Wikipedia and another website, www.thechisholmtrail.com, the bottom line is this:

Texans were too stupid to build railways to ship their longhorn cattle into markets where they could get more money per head, so they instead drove them all the way up to Abilene, KS, because the people there were smart enough to build railroads and ship cattle to better paying markets.  Originally they had driven cattle to Missouri, but Missourians banned cattle because they are stupid, too.  Ironically, the guy who built the stockyard in Abilene to house all of these cattle before shipping them to KC and St. Louis and Chicago was named McCoy.

Also, Texans being in denial about Kansas being better than them at everything actually can be traced back as recently as 1931:
In 1931, Geo. W. Saunders, then President of the Old Trail Drivers Assoc. and an authority on Texas livestock History wrote: "The famed Chisholm Trail, about which more has been written than any other Southwestern Trail, cannot be traced in Texas for the reason that it never existed in this State."

Apparently his body is at the municipal auditorium in San Antonio.  This makes me very torn about going to the Cotton Bowl or Alamo Bowl.  The Cotton Bowl would be great, but the Alamo would give me an excuse to saunter over to the municipal auditorium, located at 100 Auditorium Circle San Antonio,
TX 78205 210-207-8511 / 210-207-8500 / 877-504-8895 / Fax: 210-207-4263, and blame my releasing excrement on his grave and/or body on Irritable Bowel Syndrome in order to escape arrest. 

To sum it all up, the "Chisholm Trail Rivalry" or CTR is more than just a cute little name, it also is a constant reminder to all Texans that they were too stupid to figure out how to ship cattle and had to take their livestock up to Kansas because Kansans actually knew how to build railroads and profit from them. 

Also, if you would like to order some wonderful merchandise in preparation for Saturday's game, try this one out:
http://www.cafepress.com/chisholmtrail

Godspeed,

RightMeow

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:07:14 PM by RightMeow »
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: CTR (Chisholm Trail Rivalry)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »
i enjoyed that.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »
should have edited the wikipage to say something funny.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
post on shaggybevo

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
Nicely played. Always nice to have a reminder of how dumb TX and missouri are

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
Disgustingly cute.  A must for gift exchanges with UT fans this holiday season.
http://www.cafepress.com/chisholmtrail.7792623

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »
Yesterday 08:29 PM #9
longhornsgirl 
asshat
So since its K-State should we just forfeit?

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/100791-Texas-Open-9.5-V.-K-State

The Fighting Bevos are all up in our nutz

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 02:06:49 PM »

shaggybevo is BITB:
K State is our daddy much like we are Nebby's.

In essence, K State is Nebby's illegitimate grandpop, through rape.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »

shaggybevo is BITB:
K State is our daddy much like we are Nebby's.

In essence, K State is Nebby's illegitimate grandpop, through rape.

I liked this one:
Yesterday 08:25 PM #6
Wally Pryor
 Stuffing the run is not necessarily the big issue...Klein killing teams in the air and with his feet. An akward-looking mother rough rider, but a damn good [redacted].

:adios:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
The Godfather of all Texans who don't believe the Chisholm Trail ever went through TX and all those who purport "CTR Denial". 

Shall we piss on his grave in cursive "goEMAW.com"?  Can someone post a picture that makes it look like we did? :notgoodwithphotoshop:

:crossfingers:

Offline Houcat

• Combo-Fan
  • Dazed and Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »
I guess, in a way, the Chisholm Trail is much like the Big 12.  Texas feeds Kansas with talent and we smartly make money with it by spreading it eastwards towards Virginia.  Sports is like life, just like my coach said...

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
eff texas but ill be damned if i want to see them leave the big 12.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
The Godfather of all Texans who don't believe the Chisholm Trail ever went through TX and all those who purport "CTR Denial". 

Shall we piss on his grave in cursive "goEMAW.com"?  Can someone post a picture that makes it look like we did? :notgoodwithphotoshop:

I know a goEMAWer who has experience soiling the misguided memorials that seem ever-present in Tejas
:adios:

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 04:39:05 PM »
Many wonder why our (sometimes) annual football game with the University of Texas is affectionately called the Chisholm Trail Rivalry.  We call it a rivalry instead of a showdown or something like that both because it is more PC and also because we love to patronize UT fans.  Everyone knows a rivalry happens when both teams win once in a while, and UT has struggled mightily with the Wildcats of the Flint Hills.  Since I see no earlier post about this (not like this site is user friendly/searchable anyway) on the football board, let's get started. 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Chisholm Trail was a trail used in the late 19th century to drive cattle overland from ranches in Texas to Kansas railheads. The portion of the trail marked by Jesse Chisholm went from his southern trading post near the Red River, to his northern trading post near Kansas City, Kansas. Texas ranchers using the Chisholm Trail started on that route from either the Rio Grande or San Antonio, Texas, and went to the railhead of the Kansas Pacific Railway in Abilene, Kansas, where the cattle would be sold and shipped eastward.

The trail is named for Jesse Chisholm who had built several trading posts in what is now western Oklahoma before the American Civil War. He died in 1868, too soon ever to drive cattle on the trail.

http://www.thechisholmtrail.com/map2.htm

To save you all some boring reads on Wikipedia and another website, www.thechisholmtrail.com, the bottom line is this:

Texans were too stupid to build railways to ship their longhorn cattle into markets where they could get more money per head, so they instead drove them all the way up to Abilene, KS, because the people there were smart enough to build railroads and ship cattle to better paying markets.  Originally they had driven cattle to Missouri, but Missourians banned cattle because they are stupid, too.  Ironically, the guy who built the stockyard in Abilene to house all of these cattle before shipping them to KC and St. Louis and Chicago was named McCoy.

Also, Texans being in denial about Kansas being better than them at everything actually can be traced back as far as 1931:
In 1931, Geo. W. Saunders, then President of the Old Trail Drivers Assoc. and an authority on Texas livestock History wrote: "The famed Chisholm Trail, about which more has been written than any other Southwestern Trail, cannot be traced in Texas for the reason that it never existed in this State."

Apparently his body is at the municipal auditorium in San Antonio.  This makes me very torn about going to the Cotton Bowl or Alamo Bowl.  The Cotton Bowl would be great, but the Alamo would give me an excuse to saunter over to the municipal auditorium, located at 100 Auditorium Circle San Antonio,
TX 78205 210-207-8511 / 210-207-8500 / 877-504-8895 / Fax: 210-207-4263, and blame my releasing excrement on his grave and/or body on Irritable Bowel Syndrome in order to escape arrest. 

To sum it all up, the "Chisholm Trail Rivalry" or CTR is more than just a cute little name, it also is a constant reminder to all Texans that they were too stupid to figure out how to ship cattle and had to take their livestock up to Kansas because Kansans actually knew how to build railroads and profit from them. 

Also, if you would like to order some wonderful merchandise in preparation for Saturday's game, try this one out:
http://www.cafepress.com/chisholmtrail

Godspeed,

RightMeow

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 06:27:17 PM »
God's work you've done here RightMeow. Chisolm Trail denial is a discussion that cannot be brushed aside any longer. People like George W. Suanders need to be exposed for exactly who they are: stupid Texans.

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 06:38:43 PM »
 :ksu:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:49:38 PM by Cackle »
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »

I know a goEMAWer who has experience soiling the misguided memorials that seem ever-present in Tejas

MUST provide details or it never happened.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 11:18:31 PM »
We're getting uncomfortably close to this thing and I'm not sure we're angry enough. GBCK.

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:  :curse

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
We're getting uncomfortably close to this thing and I'm not sure we're angry enough. GBCK.

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:  :curse

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 11:51:06 PM »
Wow. That really pissed me off.  :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

Thank you.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »

My disdain for George W. Saunders continues to grow... What an bad person.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
What a weekend...

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
CTR has been moved to the final week of the season and we also get a bye.  You're mumped now, Horns :emawkid:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205379627&DB_OEM_ID=10410

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
America is just jumping on this rivalry like crazy.  It just raced past UT v. OU and is right on the bumper of OSU v. Michigan. 

When will it become the biggest rivalry in college sports?  My forecasts predict sometime in late 2012, but the metrics are changing pretty rapidly.