Author Topic: So supposedly . . .  (Read 7562 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: So supposedly . . .
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 10:11:35 PM »
What a pathetic fanbase.  Just sad.

Most grapes would rather see KU lose than KSU win. Sad really.

I've never met anyone like this

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 10:15:12 PM »
The upper deck seats are actually really good as far as being able to see everything on the field goes. The just don't have the same atmosphere as the lower level, though. It's not as loud, and the people around you don't get as excited.

going to a college football game just to see the football game is pretty rough ridin' stupid IMO.*

*I know your post doesn't disagree w/ this

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
The upper deck seats are actually really good as far as being able to see everything on the field goes. The just don't have the same atmosphere as the lower level, though. It's not as loud, and the people around you don't get as excited.

going to a college football game just to see the football game is pretty rough ridin' stupid IMO.*

i brought binoculars to a ksu game when i was like 11.   :lol:  :frown:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:10 PM »
WGAF if there were some empty seats in the corner of the upper deck where visiting fans usually sit. The atmosphere in the stadium at the end of the 4th quarter and throughout the four overtimes was as good as any that we've had in years.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
Sellouts are for sellouts, man.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »
WGAF if there were some empty seats in the corner of the upper deck where visiting fans usually sit. The atmosphere in the stadium at the end of the 4th quarter and throughout the four overtimes was as good as any that we've had in years.

it really was.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 10:29:09 PM »

do you feel the same about cbb?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »
I sold my 2 tickets on Wednesday for $120.  Isle seats, 32 rows up on the 5yl.

One of my best friends decided to turn down a free flight out from L.A.  We coulda been there.

:bawl:   :bawl:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »
Beems, sometimes people lose faith after losing 2 consecutive games.  Its the same thing Ku has demonstrated every game since week 4.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »

do you feel the same about cbb?

yes. TV is still much better than live. But the gap isn't as big in basketball as football.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 12:18:03 AM »
yes. TV is still much better than live. But the gap isn't as big in basketball as football.

no way (in bball).  on tv you can only watch what the camera is pointed at.  you miss so much.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »
all things considered would rather be at the game. having to travel more than like five minutes or so would suck though, so i understand people that would rather watch it on tv.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 05:57:17 AM »
Well, the way the tucks were talking aTm took it all the way up to the last minute, which is what?  A week before the game, five days?

I always thought it was the Tuesday or Wednesday of the week of the game.  No idea why I think that....and I'm probably wrong, but that's what I thought I heard once.

I got tickets to the 07 KU game on a Tuesday or so after KU returned some of theirs.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 07:18:41 AM »

no way (in bball).  on tv you can only watch what the camera is pointed at.  you miss so much.

In football too.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 07:56:08 AM »
Excellent posts by all . . . but one.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 08:01:26 AM »
Tickets For Less wants to thank the men and women currently serving our country and those veterans who risked their lives for our freedom.  While supplies last, stop by our office on 11/11 with your military ID and we will give you one pair of tickets FREE for the KU Basketball game tonight, the KU Football game tomorrow, or the CBE Classic at the Sprint Center.
:thumbs:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 09:05:04 AM »

Sys, your love for bball combined with your jealousy of football is causing you to say some really Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) things. This would be Exhibit A ^^
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 10:08:07 AM »
Always better live.  In all sports. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »

yeah, I guess, depending on the seats. Basketball games where you are too far away to see coaches, fans, or the players faces isn't fun, just like seeing football from 1000 feet in the air isn't fun.

When I sat in the back row of the upper deck baseline for the Phillips 66 when we played KU, I definitely would have preferred TV. And those seats were about 1000 times better than the upper deck at BSFS. It's really difficult to equate the shittyness of those seats to any basketball situation.