Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251349 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1875 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
they could really avoid a lot of mocking and being confirmed as retards if they'd chosen something like #teampennstate
Yeah. 

This isn't some super sexy crime like a John Dillinger bank robbery with tommy guns, and fedoras and hot rods. 

It's an old guy diddling a bunch of little kids.

But for some reason they think they are The U from early 90's

yeah, great points

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 27, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »
Penn Staters have embraced the name "#TeamOutlaw" on twitter.

:flush:

what does it mean?

I can only assume it means they are all becoming fans of the XFL Las Vegas Outlaws, featuring He Hate Me.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 27, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
will be a real LOL moment when they have a mass exodus of any players with any value next season.  BUT YOU SAID YOU WERE A PENN STATER FOR LIFE?! WTF I THOUGHT WE WERE BROS!!?!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 27, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »
Penn Staters have embraced the name "#TeamOutlaw" on twitter.

:flush:

what does it mean?

I can only assume it means they are all becoming fans of the XFL Las Vegas Outlaws, featuring He Hate Me.

ahh. im so stupid.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 29, 2012, 04:22:45 PM »
Looks like they might lose their starting QB to LSU.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/07/lsu_football_gets_official_vis.html

They have the number 7 pro style QB coming in as a freshman, so that kid's going to play from the start.  4 years, no redshirt, no bowls.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 30, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »

They have the number 7 pro style QB coming in as a freshman, so that kid's going to play from the start.  4 years, no redshirt, no bowls.
If the QB keeps his commitment, they could redshirt him this year and just ride the #teamoutlaw BS for this year.  Then the next 3 years of the probation will be a build up toward the QB's senior year.  I mean, the guy seems somewhat similar to Freeman and he was able to keep what was probably a worse defense from completely destroying our fanbase in a tougher league.

Excuse me, I now need to vomit.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »

If the QB keeps his commitment, they could redshirt him this year and just ride the #teamoutlaw BS for this year.  Then the next 3 years of the probation will be a build up toward the QB's senior year.  I mean, the guy seems somewhat similar to Freeman and he was able to keep what was probably a worse defense from completely destroying our fanbase in a tougher league.

I still have to imagine they will be crappy even 4 years from now.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1882 on: July 30, 2012, 01:22:12 PM »

I still have to imagine they will be crappy even 4 years from now.

In 3-4 years they will be lucky to be .500. Years 4-7 they could be really shitty. Like 2-10 kind of shitty. Maybe they can start restocking some talent during that time frame and get back to bowl eligible by year 9 or 10. This is gonna be a dark decade for Penn State. Gonna be fascinating to watch what with their history and the implications for the big 10.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 30, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »

In 3-4 years they will be lucky to be .500. Years 4-7 they could be really shitty. Like 2-10 kind of shitty. Maybe they can start restocking some talent during that time frame and get back to bowl eligible by year 9 or 10. This is gonna be a dark decade for Penn State. Gonna be fascinating to watch what with their history and the implications for the big 10.

When this stuff first came down, I was inclined to agree.  However, watching the fervor of their fans and seeing how their recruits are sticking, I do not think that Penn State will suffer as greatly as many think.

I think that they will be able to get 10-15 D1 quality players from Pennsylvania every year who love the crap out of Penn State, despite the situation.  They won't have as much depth as other top programs, but my guess is that they'll have a very competitive starting roster.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1884 on: July 30, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »

When this stuff first came down, I was inclined to agree.  However, watching the fervor of their fans and seeing how their recruits are sticking, I do not think that Penn State will suffer as greatly as many think.

I think that they will be able to get 10-15 D1 quality players from Pennsylvania every year who love the crap out of Penn State, despite the situation.  They won't have as much depth as other top programs, but my guess is that they'll have a very competitive starting roster.

It's a good strategy.  Focus on a couple of high impact players, nationally, that you think you can attract and pull the best players you can from Pennsylvania.

It may be enough to keep the ship afloat for a few years.  Worst case scenario, the new staff would have a really good opportunity to build great recruiting pipelines in their own state to help lock those borders down when they're back up to full strength.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 30, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
I don't know.  I have a hard time thinking that quality D1 guys will come to a school that is not able to go to a bowl at all.  Kids that do are either:
1. Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)
2. diamonds in the rough that can't find anyone else willing to try to polish them
3. Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Existing players are diff imo.  I mean, they can be looked upon as quitters and stuff.  Kids that haven't shown up on campus change commitment all the time without the stigma of being a quitter.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 30, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
I think they'll be bad but not terrible. This isn't SMU. The fan support and fervor alone makes it a way better deal than SMU.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 30, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
I don't know.  I have a hard time thinking that quality D1 guys will come to a school that is not able to go to a bowl at all.  Kids that do are either:
2. diamonds in the rough that can't find anyone else willing to try to polish them

Existing players are diff imo.  I mean, they can be looked upon as quitters and stuff.  Kids that haven't shown up on campus change commitment all the time without the stigma of being a quitter.

How do you explain all their existing recruits sticking?  It's amazing.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 30, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »

combination of 1 and 3 plus implicit support of pedophilia
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 30, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »

It is amazing, but it's fresh emotion.  Something like this forces people that care about this, or are close to this, to pick a side staunchly.  The existing kids were sold on a product that allowed them to form a certain level of pride and emotional connection to it.  Kids that haven't yet been sought after hard and heavy and don't have an existing solid relationship will not be so swift to sign up. 

Given a little time the strength of emotion will fade.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if several of the recruits/players that are sticking around change their mind by the end of the season.  The sanctions give them the oppy to change w/o penalty through this football season.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: July 30, 2012, 02:40:58 PM »
I guess also they'll lose all the additional practice time they would normally get by making it to some crap bowl every year.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1891 on: July 30, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
Their strategy of planning a game against Hawaii or something at the end of each regular season could help mitigate the bowl ban. But there's just not a lot of instate talent. And it's easy to see urban Meyer or Brady hoke picking off the best players.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 30, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »
Their strategy of planning a game against Hawaii or something at the end of each regular season could help mitigate the bowl ban. But there's just not a lot of instate talent. And it's easy to see urban Meyer or Brady hoke picking off the best players.

Will the Big 10 let them do this?  It's not like the SEC where they play a late non-con.

I disagree about the talent in PA.  PA is actually a hotbed of talent for college football.  Their current roster is over 50% PA, isn't it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 30, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
I don't like how the NCAA is only punishing Penn State football. Nothing occurred to give Penn State football a competitive advantage, and the coverup was perpetuated by the athletic department, so why not give similar penalties to all Penn State sports? That would make more sense to me.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 30, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
I don't like how the NCAA is only punishing Penn State football. Nothing occurred to give Penn State football a competitive advantage, and the coverup was perpetuated by the athletic department, so why not give similar penalties to all Penn State sports? That would make more sense to me.

You don't think the $60 million fine punishes all sports?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 30, 2012, 03:01:50 PM »

Will the Big 10 let them do this?  It's not like the SEC where they play a late non-con.

I disagree about the talent in PA.  PA is actually a hotbed of talent for college football.  Their current roster is over 50% PA, isn't it.

Big 10's got a Saturday set for their 'ship game.  Penn State knows it won't be playing in it.  They could probably plan a trip to Hawaii that weekend.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 30, 2012, 03:02:43 PM »

Because it was the deification of football at Penn State that led to kids continually being raped long after it should've been squashed.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 30, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
The Freeh reports biggest finding was that Joe Paterno personally scuttled the idea to go to the cops.

I thought Joe Paterno coached football? :dunno: 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »

Big 10's got a Saturday set for their 'ship game.  Penn State knows it won't be playing in it.  They could probably plan a trip to Hawaii that weekend.

Seems like that would be an issue with the Big 10 network, or is it a loop hole if it's a road non-con game?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »

Because it was the deification of football at Penn State that led to kids continually being raped long after it should've been squashed.

Just for clarification's sake, how long should it take to stop kids from being raped?