Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251165 times)

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #875 on: November 10, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »
chum is right. His acttion (or inaction) is due as much, if not more, to the situational factors vs. personality factors. Milgram's study is just one of many on the subject.

"Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terrible destructive process. Moreover, even when the destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they are asked to carry out actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality, relatively few people have the resources needed to resist authority" (Milgram, 1974).

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 10, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
I'm watching Al Sharpton's show.  They sound exactly like many of the posters in this thread.  Congrats you guys have explored all of the nuance of cable news.  

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 10, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »
I totally understand the "Fry McQueary!" argument.

But...

1. If McQueary doesn't talk, this case is pretty weak.  It's still really  just one kid's word against Sandusky's.  Nobody would ever know about the 2002 shower incident unless the kid that was raped comes forward.  He still hasn't

2. By talking, McQueary took down the entire administration of Penn State and probably ruined his chances of coaching college football again.

I think he was fully aware of those two things.

You can call him a coward for not doing more back in 2002 and I'll agree, but what he did in the last couple of years took great courage.

"great courage"...lmao.  or maybe it just took some small semblance of a rough ridin' conscience...something just slightly above "animal".  i really am at a loss as to you and some others arguments about how most people would turn a blind eye or how much courage it would take to tell the police about a child rape.  I can't comprehend it...it's a pretty sad statement on society if "most" people could watch a 10 year old getting raped and just walk the other direction.  I am trying to believe that's not the case.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 10, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #879 on: November 10, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
Given all of the facts, is Sandusky considered a gay?  I know he had a wife and all, so I assume he's at most bi.  Is there any leeway for him raping a kid?  Is that less gay?  More gay?  I'd consider him a gay, but, ya know, he could just be bi.   :confused:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 10, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »
Posnanski explains himself...

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/the-end-of-paterno/

It was disgusting and disgraceful, the method in which they fired Joe Paterno after 60 years of service, and yes, I do think Paterno was a scapegoat. Of course he was. I’ve already said that he had to be let go. But to let him dangle out there, take up all the headlines, face the bulk of the media pressure, absolutely, that’s the very definition of scapegoat. Three people were indicted and arrested. A fourth, I hear, will be indicted soon. Joe Paterno is not one of the four.

why do so few people seem to understand that giving Paterno crap isn't the same thing as giving everyone else a free pass? people are so stupid.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 10, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
Given all of the facts, is Sandusky considered a gay?  I know he had a wife and all, so I assume he's at most bi.  Is there any leeway for him raping a kid?  Is that less gay?  More gay?  I'd consider him a gay, but, ya know, he could just be bi.   :confused:
not funny.  homosexuality has nothing to do with being a pedo.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

catzacker

« Reply #882 on: November 10, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »
I still say OJ killed those two people, no matter what the jury said. 

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #883 on: November 10, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
not funny.  homosexuality has nothing to do with being a pedo.

I see your point.  But once you have sex w/ the same sex, isn't that a little gay?  He's a pedophile for sure, but he's certainly not straight.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 10, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »
O/U on Sandusky coming out and saying he was molested as a child?

Also, how you do think Sandusky, Ohio feels about all of this?

I believe there is an amusement park there....luring in kids....

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »
We need a psych major on this board  :shakesfist:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 10, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »
Situations like this are why I always keep my Judge on hand when I'm in locker rooms.

:lol: Too good

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 10, 2011, 06:33:33 PM »

It was disgusting and disgraceful, the method in which they fired Joe Paterno after 60 years of service, and yes, I do think Paterno was a scapegoat. Of course he was. I’ve already said that he had to be let go. But to let him dangle out there, take up all the headlines, face the bulk of the media pressure, absolutely, that’s the very definition of scapegoat. Three people were indicted and arrested. A fourth, I hear, will be indicted soon. Joe Paterno is not one of the four.

What a rough ridin' scumbag, what dickwad would cry about HOW Paterno was fired in a situation like this.  We shouldn't even care if they used a banner behind an airplane.  Of all the damn things to worry about, what is wrong with people?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 10, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
:flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 10, 2011, 06:41:37 PM »

Agree or disagree with him, that was a fantastic read from him.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 10, 2011, 06:43:12 PM »

no, it was his same sappy, windy bullshit he's always written. He's a terrible writer, I have no idea why people like him.

dot dot dot

Seriously.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 10, 2011, 06:47:31 PM »

no, it was his same sappy, windy bullshit he's always written. He's a terrible writer, I have no idea why people like him.

dot dot dot

Seriously.

I have an idea as to why people like him. I think it has something to do with most people being total retards.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 10, 2011, 06:55:45 PM »
Joe is firing up the defense team.

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/10/8742718-paterno-hires-criminal-defense-lawyer-source-tells-nbc-news

Why? Is he being charged?  :lol:

Paterno really is going to die because of this.....just let him be and pass without anymore stress. I don't want to see him held up on high again and people blaming this whole scene for his untimely death. His legacy is tarnished, he won't live much longer.

Go after the rest now please.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 10, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
How many college football coaches would turn down 3 head coaching opportunities at big-time schools to stay in "Happy Valley". A couple who could not have their own children. Then adopted 6. Not all in infancy. A man who took in foster children and at the same time ran the defense for one of college football's elite teams for 23 years. A kid who never grew up. Yet a person who is so selfless it defies human ego. Everyone reading this should do themselves a moral favor and contribute money to the Second Mile. (...).

:barf:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 10, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
To understand out how mumped up this is you need to read this: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7205085/growing-penn-state

McQueary grew up in College Station.  The last names of some of his best friends from childhood were Paterno and Sandusky.  He didn't just walk into the shower and see a co-worker or a former coach.  

Yeah, I usually give my buddies the benefit of the doubt when I walk in on them sticking their dick up a 10 year old boy's ass

No, he didn't give him the benefit of the doubt.  He took it straight to the two people in his life that he trusted most to help him to handle it correctly: His own father and Joe Paterno.  Neither of them said "you should call the police."

:facepalm:  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Any non-pussy American male knows exactly how to handle that situation if you walked in on that

His father didn't tell him to call the cops.  Joe Paterno didn't tell him to call the cops.  These were the people that raised him.  How can you assume that he would know that?

Joe Paterno's dad never told him to call the cops either.  Let's let him off the hook.  Did you need to be told to raise the toilet lid before you piss?
Yep, wife still bitches about it.  ;) :fatty:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 10, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »

dot dot dot

Seriously.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »
i'm afraid that expecting mcqueary to jump up and call the police is terribly naive.  it's not expected behavior at all.  many, many people would freeze and wouldn't know what the eff to do, and would just want it to go away on its own.  it's human nature.  add that he's spent his whole life in a culture that always likes to deal with things internally and you should probably expect him not to call the police.  but that doesn't mean you shouldn't crucify him all you want.

I get this and understand this position.  However, after a day or two goes by, crap sinks in and people realize what they should have done.  Guess what, would have been fine for him to call the cops two days later.  Everyone would have understood the delay for this exact point.

no, the point is that he doesn't want that burden.  once he tells paterno, he washes his hands of it and never wants to go back.

That is not human, unless it is a psychopathic human. Happy Valley may brain wash it's inhabitants in many ways, but no way does it wash away shame and guilt.  Humans don't get rid of those in such situations.

OK_Cat's bro felt this.  He still feels this.  I have no doubt.  Cowardice opens the door for shame and guilt to eat at a person.  Right. wrong. we all know.  except for the psychopaths.