Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251294 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #350 on: November 08, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
I think BITB hit it out of the park today when talking about this not being about this crime, but how major sports teams cover up things in general.  In no other business, setting, etc. does no one call the cops, at least eventually, but Penn State isn't alone in their actions.  He surmises, and I would agree, that a strong majority of major sports teams would have handled the situation in a similar manner. 

It's pretty sickening, but he is right. 

It depends on the crime.  Forget about the sports team, just take yourself as an example.  Your best friend drives home drunk. Do you call the cops?  He beats up some dude in a bar fight.  Cops?  He kills a hooker.  Cops?  In all of the instances, I figure out how to help my friend and/or keep him out of jail.  Now, if he finger fucks an 8 year old, I pistol whip him to within an inch of his life, then I call the cops.  It's all relative to the crime imo.  People turn a blind eye to crimes everyday whether it's sports related or not, this is egregious simply because of the crime.

Fuktard just blew my mind.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 08, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »
I think BITB hit it out of the park today when talking about this not being about this crime, but how major sports teams cover up things in general.  In no other business, setting, etc. does no one call the cops, at least eventually, but Penn State isn't alone in their actions.  He surmises, and I would agree, that a strong majority of major sports teams would have handled the situation in a similar manner. 

It depends on the crime.  Forget about the sports team, just take yourself as an example.  Your best friend drives home drunk. Do you call the cops?  He beats up some dude in a bar fight.  Cops?  He kills a hooker.  Cops?  In all of the instances, I figure out how to help my friend and/or keep him out of jail.  Now, if he finger fucks an 8 year old, I pistol whip him to within an inch of his life, then I call the cops.  It's all relative to the crime imo.  People turn a blind eye to crimes everyday whether it's sports related or not, this is egregious simply because of the crime.

Fuktard just blew my mind.

I get what you are saying, but the point of BITB's rant was that PSU covering this type of thing up is a symptom not that actual problem.  They cover it up because they believe that their team, program, etc. is worth more, does too much good, to be given a black-eye.  No other rough ridin' place does this happen.  BTB is simply saying, and I agree that this situation would, sadly, play out in the same manner at a majority of big time college football programs. 

I have little confidence that KSU and HCBS would handle it any differently than PSU did.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 08, 2011, 04:31:08 PM »

no.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 08, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »
I have little confidence that KSU and HCBS would handle it any differently than PSU did.

especially since bill is so old

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 08, 2011, 04:36:28 PM »

no.
Why?

I think Fuktard brings up a very good point.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 08, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
I think BITB hit it out of the park today when talking about this not being about this crime, but how major sports teams cover up things in general.  In no other business, setting, etc. does no one call the cops, at least eventually, but Penn State isn't alone in their actions.  He surmises, and I would agree, that a strong majority of major sports teams would have handled the situation in a similar manner.  

It depends on the crime.  Forget about the sports team, just take yourself as an example.  Your best friend drives home drunk. Do you call the cops? NO  He beats up some dude in a bar fight.  Cops? NO He kills a hooker.  Cops? YES In all MOST of the instances, I figure out how to help my friend and/or keep him out of jail.  Now, if he finger fucks an 8 year old, I pistol whip him to within an inch of his life, then I call the cops.  It's all relative to the crime imo.  People turn a blind eye to crimes everyday whether it's sports related or not, this is egregious simply because of the crime.
no.

I mostly agree with fuktard.  Or I did until I realized it said "kills a hooker" instead of "calls a hooker."
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 08, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
I like to think that I'm not friends with anyone who would/could kill a hooker.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 08, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
I think BITB hit it out of the park today when talking about this not being about this crime, but how major sports teams cover up things in general.  In no other business, setting, etc. does no one call the cops, at least eventually, but Penn State isn't alone in their actions.  He surmises, and I would agree, that a strong majority of major sports teams would have handled the situation in a similar manner.  

It depends on the crime.  Forget about the sports team, just take yourself as an example.  Your best friend drives home drunk. Do you call the cops? NO  He beats up some dude in a bar fight.  Cops? NO He kills a hooker.  Cops? YES In all MOST of the instances, I figure out how to help my friend and/or keep him out of jail.  Now, if he finger fucks an 8 year old, I pistol whip him to within an inch of his life, then I call the cops.  It's all relative to the crime imo.  People turn a blind eye to crimes everyday whether it's sports related or not, this is egregious simply because of the crime.
no.

I mostly agree with fuktard.  Or I did until I realized it said "kills a hooker" instead of "calls a hooker."

well we all draw the line in different places, the biggest problem is that JoePa and company drew it behind child molestation.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 08, 2011, 04:42:43 PM »
If I have to retake an ethics test in March, all these hypotheticals are really going to eff me up.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 08, 2011, 04:43:11 PM »

no.
Why?

I think Fuktard brings up a very good point.
I wouldn't be friends with a person who starts a bar fight for no reason.  If they are in a fight they didn't start or is started for legit reasons than I would pull them off when the threat is over.  I wouldn't be friends with a guy killing whores, if I knew of an incident I would call, that is someone's son or daughter.

Victimless crimes don't have the same moral culpability as rough ridin' a child. Buzz driving isn't finger banging a child left in your care. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2011, 04:43:21 PM »
I like to think that I'm not friends with anyone who would/could kill a hooker.

It's not like they're actually people anyways.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »

Dude  :facepalm:

You had a really solid rough ridin' post there until you let your friend get away with killing a hooker.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 08, 2011, 04:46:33 PM »

no.

well we all draw the line in different places, the biggest problem is that JoePa and company drew it behind child molestation.

So would you agree or disagree that the "in-house" mentality taken by PSU in this whole ordeal would be the same or very similar action taken by the majority of BCS football programs had this situation came up at their school?  Would you agree that this is the real problem and that the Sandusky cover-up is merely a symptom of a larger problem?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:48:25 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 08, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »

It depends on the crime.  Forget about the sports team, just take yourself as an example.  Your best friend drives home drunk. Do you call the cops? NO  He beats up some dude in a bar fight.  Cops? NO He kills a hooker.  Cops? YES In all MOST of the instances, I figure out how to help my friend and/or keep him out of jail.  Now, if he finger fucks an 8 year old, I pistol whip him to within an inch of his life, then I call the cops.  It's all relative to the crime imo.  People turn a blind eye to crimes everyday whether it's sports related or not, this is egregious simply because of the crime.
no.

I mostly agree with fuktard.  Or I did until I realized it said "kills a hooker" instead of "calls a hooker."

So would you agree or disagree that the "in-house" mentality taken by PSU in this whole ordeal would be the same or very similar action taken by the majority of BCS football programs had this situation came up at their school?  Would you agree that this is the real problem and that the Sandusky cover-up is merely a symptom of a larger problem?

No.  I would hope that a persons moral obligation would supersede "team" when it relates to a crime of this magnitude.  I do NOT think most schools/people would sweep this under the rug.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
You people and your defense of hookers....jeez.  I mean I like hookers as much as the next guy but the thought that it's not at least somewhat acceptable to kill one of them is a little bizarre.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 08, 2011, 05:04:31 PM »

no.

Two things similar, and only one difference!

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 08, 2011, 05:06:51 PM »
What if it's an 8 year old hooker?   :dunno:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »

ESPN_BigTen Rittenberg/Bennett

Wild scene at JoePa's house. Hundreds of students gathered for rally to show support.

good grief.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »

ESPN_BigTen Rittenberg/Bennett

Wild scene at JoePa's house. Hundreds of students gathered for rally to show support.

good grief.

Impromptu NAMBLA meeting?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2011, 05:19:46 PM »

no.

Two things similar, and only one difference!

I was pretty sure of my stance on these, but what about this hypothetical: friend gets in bar fight, drives home from the bar, but hits an 8 year old hooker and molests the dying body of said hooker.  Then what?
:adios:

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 08, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »
What if it's an 8 year old hooker?   :dunno:

This isn't Thailand.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 08, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »
I'm guessing most of these dudes didn't think their good friend was a pedophile either. You just never know.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile