Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 145019 times)

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #1425 on: January 03, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »
The rodents of the plains. Kill as many as possible.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 04, 2020, 11:55:51 AM »
The rodents of the plains. Kill as many as possible.

Geese were rare when I was a kid. '60's to early '70's.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 04, 2020, 08:00:02 PM »
Decided on a day trip to see if I could kick up any birds with Milo today. Walked some WIHA fields west of Clay Center but didnt see a bird.

Moved over to the Concordia area and the last field I worked I kicked up 4 Hens along the fence line between a corn field and CRP. Milo was behind me sniffing some bones and did not help at all. Sometimes she would run ahead of me and it looked like she might be hunting and then other times (especially in thick CRP) she would just follow right behind me and walk in my path.

Going back to the cat ranch over MLK weekend for one last go this season.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 04, 2020, 08:33:59 PM »
You guys want to know what the best shotgun is? 16 gauge. Anyone who wants to fight me about it can come get some. Shoots like a 12, carries like a 20. It's not overkill for quail and is still great for pheasant. I mean, it's kinda overkill for dove but I've still blasted about a million of them, what of it? also mallards, once irl at like 13 years old I walked up on a creek on our ranch where we saw a bunch of ducks flying in and let fly (not aiming) with 5 shots and killed 5 ducks. sky was entirely black with ducks but this is a post about guns and not shooting. I believe that is above what was the legal limit at that time (maybe today?) so don't narc me out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 04, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »
also mine is a semi-auto. basically a machine gun. I can spend a shitload of money really fast with this fast shooting SOB. like, most of my buds shoot once or twice and have to "pump" or whatever and I just let fly with as many bullets as mine has and it's a lot. like 5 iirc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 04, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
also I bought it at a pawn shop in Dodge City, KS when I was in 8th grade (wtf? but irl). I don't remember the name of the pawn shop but it shared the parking lot with Bo's/Bob's(?) Aqua Slide so you locals know the one. Good selection of guns and stolen crap.

EDIT: I think the name of the pawn shop may have been Bob's Pawn Shop like he owned both a pawn shop and a giant aqua slide. pretty badass actually.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 04, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »
also as a junior high/high school age person I almost blasted my buds heads off about a dozen times. and they mine. in hindsight who TF lets kids just roam off around the countryside with shitloads of guns and go blast just whatever they feel like? rural kansans, that's who. but, I mean, the proof is in the pudding. we mostly all lived. and we did shoot a shitload of animals (most of the illegal ones were irl by accident because we just start blasting).

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 04, 2020, 09:37:10 PM »
You can shoot 6 ducks of which 5 ducks can be mallards. Unsurprisingly you nailed it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 06, 2020, 08:15:38 AM »
I would like to hear more SD hunting stories about roaming the countryside just blasting whatever they feel like.

I'm going out to blast some pheasants at the cat ranch one last time over MLK weekend but none of my city boy friends wanted to join. I reached out to an old frat bro who lives in council grove and within 24 hours he had rounded up a group with 2 trained dogs to come with.

I told him "Wow, its so much easier to get you to come hunting than my city bro's!" and he said "Country boys shoot crap and drink beer". Then he tried to sell me his old Beretta A303.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 06, 2020, 08:22:09 AM »
Also I learned for the first time that my dad had an english pointer when he was a kid and used to go pheasant hunting growing up...Which is weird because I never knew he had a dog as a kid and I've never heard him talk about killing an animal, just saving cats.

There are some possums that keep eating the cat food in the barns and instead of just blasting them he traps them and relocates them a couple of miles down the road.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 06, 2020, 08:23:39 AM »
you should keep those possums around unless they are rabies ones. actually you should put some frontline+ on them as well.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 06, 2020, 09:08:08 AM »
16's are the best, sd. Canco.
:adios:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 06, 2020, 10:57:33 AM »
you should keep those possums around unless they are rabies ones. actually you should put some frontline+ on them as well.

SD, did you not read that they were eating the cats kibble? The cats have a long winter ahead of them and need all the Kibble they can get.

Side Question - What was your favorite animal to blast when you hunted?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 06, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »
While not an animal I’ll say clay. Second choice is an old barn or house in the middle of a field that’s falling down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 06, 2020, 12:16:15 PM »
every once in awhile I will go on the beretta website and look at the handmade engraved guns that are like $20,000. Other than that don't really have any interest.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: January 08, 2020, 09:24:20 AM »
Anyone have any advice/training games to play with pheasant wings?

I've got a bag of Pheasant wings in my freezer and looking for ways to utilize them to make Milo the best bird dog west of the Mississippi. Currently I get her all riled up then we play fetch with them, then I will hide some around the house and say "dead bird" and make her go look for them. Just started doing this a couple of days ago but she's getting pretty good at finding them.

The key is having like 8 different wings to use as they start to thaw out after around 5 minutes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 08, 2020, 09:56:33 AM »
That’s grossout city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 08, 2020, 10:24:28 AM »
Hey steve dave, why dont you go catch and release a bullhead and let the cold blooded animal killers here help me out.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 08, 2020, 11:34:24 AM »
I hide mine around the yard and let my lab pup find them.  They can follow your scent trail so it’s not super hard but it’s fun to watch them work the wind and circle in on it when they catch the scent.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 08, 2020, 09:18:12 PM »
also as a junior high/high school age person I almost blasted my buds heads off about a dozen times. and they mine. in hindsight who TF lets kids just roam off around the countryside with shitloads of guns and go blast just whatever they feel like? rural kansans, that's who. but, I mean, the proof is in the pudding. we mostly all lived. and we did shoot a shitload of animals (most of the illegal ones were irl by accident because we just start blasting).

This response is a little late, but wanted to comment on this subject.  Back when I went to high school, it was common for kids and farmers to have guns hanging on a gun rack across the rear window of their pickups.  Most of the time in your home town, we didn't even lock the trucks and even left the windows down in the summer.  We just didn't have the nuts that run around these days, as I wouldn't even think about hanging a rifle on the back window rack of my truck.  Not only the chance of it getting stolen, but also, a chance of a idiot cop shooting you.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 09, 2020, 03:16:24 AM »

This response is a little late, but wanted to comment on this subject.  Back when I went to high school, it was common for kids and farmers to have guns hanging on a gun rack across the rear window of their pickups.  Most of the time in your home town, we didn't even lock the trucks and even left the windows down in the summer.  We just didn't have the nuts that run around these days, as I wouldn't even think about hanging a rifle on the back window rack of my truck.  Not only the chance of it getting stolen, but also, a chance of a idiot cop shooting you.
:jerk: whatever libtard

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 09, 2020, 03:32:39 AM »

:jerk: whatever libtard

Are you a cop or just a thief?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 13, 2020, 08:36:36 AM »
Went duck hunting down by Lacyne for the first time on Saturday morning with a buddy. It was a private pond with a hoopty blind made out of an old tree fort platform and some boards but it worked, he had some extra waders and all the gear so I just had to show up.

I'm not a big fan of the getting up super early in the cold but still had a good time and even killed one duck! We should of killed two ducks since they both landed about 40 yards in front of us...We opened up a volley and thought we got both, one went under, came back up sideways then started swimming in circles. We both shot at it one more time but missed and then it flew away.  :facepalm:

We didn't have a dog to retrieve the duck so I had to wade out and get it myself like a peasant.  Planning on going again in 2 weeks to blast some more of mother nature's offspring.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 14, 2020, 01:38:32 AM »
every once in awhile I will go on the beretta website and look at the handmade engraved guns that are like $20,000. Other than that don't really have any interest.

this is the weirdest thing that i now know about you.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 14, 2020, 01:40:33 AM »
killing ducks is some of the funnest animal killing, but they taste like absolute crap, so i had to stop.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."