Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 146313 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #1650 on: November 13, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
Got 3 cocks today, 1 before the Kstate game and 2 after.

There is a very primal satisfaction you achieve when you walk through a field with a dog under your control and it makes birds fly up so you can shoot them.

Nice group of cocks.  Did you use the golf cart to hunt?
No, it's currently inoperable and parked in front of the garage. If it was operable I would definitely use it to flush some birds.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 13, 2021, 10:14:27 PM »
hey guys, nice cocks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 14, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »
What's your personal record for most cocks in a day?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 14, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »
Mine is 1. Which is also my record for hens.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 14, 2021, 12:40:02 PM »
My record for quails is like 5. Mallard ducks 7 (highly illegal). Dove like over a trillion.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 15, 2021, 08:22:46 PM »
Got 2 more cocks on Sunday and another this morning for 6 total. Cleaned them this afternoon and put them in a cooler.

As I was pulling into my driveway tonight I remembered that I left the cooler sitting in the middle of the kitchen out at the cat ranch....So that should be a fun cooler to open in 2 weeks when I go kill more cocks.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 15, 2021, 08:36:01 PM »
Hey, good news, nobody has ever eaten that disgusting crap in their lives and enjoyed it. So you’re safe

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 15, 2021, 08:42:51 PM »
Hey, good news, nobody has ever eaten that disgusting crap in their lives and enjoyed it. So you’re safe

I only eat it because its fun to kill. Now that I'm not eating the bird I feel like I was just killing for the kicks, I might as well go shoot a giraffe or something now.  :frown:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 15, 2021, 10:46:06 PM »
drive back out and feed those cocks to the surviving cats.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 15, 2021, 11:25:25 PM »
Ben, does anyone like your dad, brother, or your uncle going out to the farm tomorrow?  Maybe you could let them know you left a half dozen cocks for their thanksgiving day pleasure. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 15, 2021, 11:33:07 PM »
Ben, does anyone like your dad, brother, or your uncle going out to the farm tomorrow?  Maybe you could let them know you left a half dozen cocks for their thanksgiving day pleasure.

I say let the pussies have the gross cocks.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 15, 2021, 11:39:23 PM »

I say let the pussies have the gross cocks.

Sound like you know some pussies aren't to particular when it comes to nasty cocks.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 16, 2021, 10:19:51 PM »

Yeah, not sure why I didn't think of this last night. My cousin is gonna drop by the cat ranch and put the bag o breasts in the freezer tomorrow morning.

I told him he could have them if he wanted but he said "I will eat my beef but thanks glad you found some.. run several through swather 1st cutting of alfalfa felt really bad"

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 17, 2021, 03:42:10 AM »

Yeah, not sure why I didn't think of this last night. My cousin is gonna drop by the cat ranch and put the bag o breasts in the freezer tomorrow morning.

I told him he could have them if he wanted but he said "I will eat my beef but thanks glad you found some.. run several through swather 1st cutting of alfalfa felt really bad"

That's nice thing their npt going to waste.  Sound like the area has pretty good supply of peasants.  Good luck next time your out that way. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 28, 2021, 02:06:02 PM »
Got bored today and accidentally stumbled into the comments section from the 2020 KS Furharvester Survey and couldn't stop reading them. Here are some of the best

I'M TOTALLY DISABLED AND WILL NOT BE TRAPPING OR HUNTING FURBEARERS. I ONLY BUY THE LICENSE INCASE PREDATORS ARE ON MY PROPERTY DOING DAMAGE

I'LL BE 78 DURING NEXT SEASON SO I DOUBT IF I SKIN ANY ESPECIALLY WITH THE LOW PRICES. I DIDN'T SKIN ANY LAST SEASON, THE ONLY ONES I SHOT OR TRAPPED WERE IN MY CAT'S FOOD OR CORN I PUT OUT FOR DEER & TURKEYS. I USED DOG PROOF TRAPS.. ( MY ONLY EMAIL IS MY CELL PHONE HARD TO DO SURVEYS ON)

I'M 69 YEARS OLD & STILL HAVE A COUPLE OF DOGS I HAVE HAD WITH KNEES REPLACED SO I DON'T WALK AS MUCH ANYMORE. MY HUNTING PARNTER IS (name withheld). HE ALSO DOES A LOT OF TRAPPING, I DON'T DO ANY TRAPPING. (not really sure how good this data is and what is his and his buddies?)

I'M GETTING TO OLD TO TRAP HAVING TO CHECK TRAPS EVER DAY NO MATTER THE WEATHER. SO I HAVE SWITCHED TO CALLING IN THE PAST I CALL LOTS OF COON AND SEVERAL CATS & COYOTES SO NOW I CAN GO WHEN I FEEL RIGHT. I REALLY ENJOY THE RIGHT TO DO SO AND WILL CONTINEUW WITH CALLING WHICH I LOVE TO DO. BYE 79 YEARS OLD, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

IT DOES NOT WORK THE LINK, TRIED EVERY YEAR I TRAPPED

It is important to inform local authorities on trapping law. Most police officers think it is illegal when it is perfectly fine. I have been shook down quite a few times for no reason

Lots of Coons. Way too many. Saw numerous different Bobcats this year. Did not trap or shoot at any. Actually saw a bobcat kill a squirrel and eat it during archery season. Then he set down caught another one and buried it. Very cool

My activity this year was adversely affected by coronavirus

NEED SOME TYPE OF COYOTE CONTROL IN KS. I RUN 300 HEAD GOATS

OPEN WIHA FOR TRAPPING COYOTES AND CAN I GET NOTIFIED IF YOU DO?

Shoot coons at night with a shotgun

THERE IS NO MARKET FOR RACOON FUR - MARKET CLOSED.. THANKS TO PETA

TRAPPED FOR 68 YEARS, NOW I HAVE TO QUIT. I WAS TERRIBLE SICK & IN THE HOSPITAL FOR ALOT OF THE SEASON

WOULD IT BE A GOOD IDEA TO SHOOT ONE COON A WEEK DURING RUNNING SEASON? BECAUSE I TRAIN COONHOUNDS DURING THE SUMMER! THANX

I HEAR PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO KILL RACCOON YEAR AROUND. DO NOT LET THEM, KILL 1 FEMALE YOU COULD CALL 6 IN ONE SHOT

DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA OF COYOTE HUNTING AFTER DARK! OPENS THE DOOR FOR POACHING. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

Heart problems , so I did not get to go out much !!!

I JUST ENJOY HUNTING THANKS

I JUST TRAP ON MY OWN GROUND. I HAVE 160 ACRES

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: December 28, 2021, 03:56:26 PM »
There was a time in my life when I was interested in the idea of trapping animals. Separating the pelts from their cold, stiff bodies just seems like a really grim and tedious way to spend one's time.

I stopped hunting deer because I think field dressing deer is kind of gross but at least the carcass and guts are warm.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 28, 2021, 04:47:17 PM »
pretty adorable super old man trapper banter though

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 28, 2021, 08:00:19 PM »
Quarry ponds yielding a good harvest for our hunters.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 28, 2021, 08:08:20 PM »
Stacking em, very nice.  That looks like a 4 man limit.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 28, 2021, 09:12:08 PM »
Quarry ponds yielding a good harvest for our hunters.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nice! Do you lease those ponds out to waterfowl hunters? If not I am willing to trade you some access to some average pheasant hunting ground near colby in exchange for the opportunity to blast some ducks and geese in the flint hills.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 28, 2021, 09:25:26 PM »

If any gE'rs are within a day trip of colby and want to blast some birds I will be out there Jan 8-12th ish.

I'm also going out this weekend but will probably spend as much time watching bowl games as I spend hunting.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1671 on: December 29, 2021, 06:22:29 AM »
Walked the hobby farm last weekend. Loaded with deer markings. Gonna have fun blasting deer next fall.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 25, 2022, 09:53:21 PM »
You're doing good Ben Ji, lone wolf hunting can be some of the most productive.

Hand to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I was hunting in NE Kansas once (when they still had roosters, WTH happened, but I digress).  A coyote ran ahead of me on a fence line and flushed a rooster who flew back into me.

Head on a winter rooster has lots of armor, I shot him, and I swear I just stunned him, had to run him down.

Done hunting for the season and ready to share some stories...I had a similar experience to this but it was with one of the new barn cats.

I was hunting in the junk yard area of the farm with Milo, we turned a corner and ended up about 20 yards away from one of the barn cats. The cat saw us and booked it straight into a junk pile overgrown with weeds and sure enough a pheasant flew out of the junk pile...unfortunately it was a hen.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 25, 2022, 09:59:12 PM »
You ever get the itch to go to South Dakota and hunt the Ringnecks?  My brother went last year and had a blast.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 25, 2022, 10:06:04 PM »
I had a buddy join me 2 weeks ago and I took him to my WIHA honey hole. There is a 80 acre CRP field right next to a huge WIHA with a creeky/weedy draw in the middle of the corn field. The CRP area is plastered with no hunting signs and owned by a guy who I met on opening weekend when he flew his plane over the area then pulled up next to me when I was leaving to tell me he saw me hunting the WIHA land and was glad I didn't go onto his land (he was nice about it and talked to me for like 10 minutes about how he is making it "pure prairie" etc).

The birds always go eat in the corn field then hide in the draw when you show up and I usually get at least 1 bird and have seen 10+ birds there on occasions. I put my buddy in prime position between the WIHA and the private land then told him to be ready. I pushed the birds towards him then BOOM, a couple of birds flushed and he got all jacked up on Pheasant adrenaline and missed 2 shots....Unfortunately for him he decided to bring his grandpa's old double barreled shotgun (for nostalgia) instead of his auto Benelli.

Anyways after the first 5 birds flushed he was trying to reload as about 25ish other birds flew directly over his head and into the private CRP right behind him. I've only been pheasant hunting for 3 years but that was easily the most birds I've ever seen flush from one area at a time.

We went back the next day and didn't see one bird.  :ROFL: