Author Topic: DC Chris Cosh....  (Read 10783 times)

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: DC Chris Cosh....
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2011, 09:43:36 AM »
Neither is dumb enough to gamble their reputation by promoting a guy that's only been a special teams coordinator for a few years

Rams just knocked it out of the park.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »
IF Currie and Schultz are forced into making Sean the head coach there's basically 3 possible outcomes. He succeeds, he fails, we're stuck in mediocrity forever. The absolute worst possible scenario for us as fans would be if he took over and had a string of 6-6/7-5 seasons because our fanbase would want to keep him forever then, simply because he's Bill's son. If he somehow turns out to be a good head coach, well, I guess we'd have a good head coach. If he sucks, then it turns into the situation OK St. and TXTech had in basketball with Sutton and Knight. It may take a bit longer to get rid of them because they'll get an extra year or 2, but when they are gone it allows the AD to work with a completely clean slate.

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »
IF Currie and Schultz are forced into making Sean the head coach there's basically 3 possible outcomes. He succeeds, he fails, we're stuck in mediocrity forever. The absolute worst possible scenario for us as fans would be if he took over and had a string of 6-6/7-5 seasons because our fanbase would want to keep him forever then, simply because he's Bill's son. If he somehow turns out to be a good head coach, well, I guess we'd have a good head coach. If he sucks, then it turns into the situation OK St. and TXTech had in basketball with Sutton and Knight. It may take a bit longer to get rid of them because they'll get an extra year or 2, but when they are gone it allows the AD to work with a completely clean slate.

:jerk:  :zzz: :blank:
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »
Wow, I bet unleashthemob is an absolute joy to be around in real life.
usually yes, but after hearing all the tuck talk lately, I'm scared as hell...people this kinda talk is coming from people who donate large sums of money, and that scares me
:jeffy:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2011, 12:45:42 PM »
I'd be fine with 7 win seasons and a 9 or 10 win season every 3 or 4 years.

Anything more would be pretty unreasonable, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »

Yes. Whatever the football equivalent of 20/10/4 is. Would be perfectly alright with me.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
this is why this season is such a disaster, we aren't going to win anything meaningful and the love the obz is getting is just inching us closer to HCSS.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2011, 01:15:31 PM »

Yes. Whatever the football equivalent of 20/10/4 is. Would be perfectly alright with me.

I think the football equivalent to that would be nine win seasons.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »

That's understating my expectations for the long term a little bit.  I would be happy with averaging 9 win seasons with the occasional 7 win or 11 win season and a legitimate run at the NC every 6 or 7 years.  I don't think there's any reason we can't be like Virginia Tech.  The hardest part to sustaining that success would be either continuing to find good coaches after they have success here and leave for bigger programs, or alternatively finding a LHC Bill Snyder/Frank Beamer that decides to stay for the long haul.

There's too many retards on this board that apparently think we need keep demanding coaching searches until we're a perennial top 10 team and competing for a NC every few years.  I understand and appreciate the "demand excellence" midset, but that's just not reasonable for a program with our resources.  There's a short list of teams in the nation that can reasonably expect that (USC, Texas, OU, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, etc.) and we'll never be one of them for a number of reasons.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »

That's understating my expectations for the long term a little bit.  I would be happy with averaging 9 win seasons with the occasional 7 win or 11 win season and a legitimate run at the NC every 6 or 7 years.  I don't think there's any reason we can't be like Virginia Tech.  The hardest part to sustaining that success would be either continuing to find good coaches after they have success here and leave for bigger programs, or alternatively finding a LHC Bill Snyder/Frank Beamer that decides to stay for the long haul.

There's too many retards on this board that apparently think we need keep demanding coaching searches until we're a perennial top 10 team and competing for a NC every few years.  I understand and appreciate the "demand excellence" midset, but that's just not reasonable for a program with our resources.  There's a short list of teams in the nation that can reasonably expect that (USC, Texas, OU, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, etc.) and we'll never be one of them for a number of reasons.

Keep demanding?  We haven't even had one with a competent UP and AD.  Weefer handing the job back to OB doesn't count