Author Topic: i do think we can sneaky-deaky on OSU next sat.  (Read 6500 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: i do think we can sneaky-deaky on OSU next sat.
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
Beating Oklahoma St. will make the OU loss hurt even worse.  :cry:

we win saturday, we'll win the big 12.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 09:34:42 PM »

Only if OSU beats OU.  :pray:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 07:43:42 AM »

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 07:55:28 AM »

Only if OSU beats OU.  :pray:

they will.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
We'll get beat, but we'll be more competitive for the entire game than we were in the last 30 minutes on Saturday. OSU won't go a 35-0 run like OU did in the 2nd half (unless we have like 4 turnovers).

I'm thinking 48-30 or something like that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 08:02:12 AM »
I hereby declare Saturday 11/5/2011 as Solid Moral Victory Day.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »
I hereby declare Saturday 11/5/2011 as Solid Moral Victory Day.

It's MOAP2.2.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 08:55:28 AM »
We'll get beat, but we'll be more competitive for the entire game than we were in the last 30 minutes on Saturday. OSU won't go a 35-0 run like OU did in the 2nd half (unless we have like 4 turnovers).

I could stomach this.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »

I could stomach this.

We're not as bad as we played in the 2nd half against OU, but we're probably also not as good as the team that won 4 straight vs the U, Baylor, Mizz, and Tech. So that team probably competes against a much better OSU team and then splits vs aTm/UT before finishing with a win against ISU. Could even beat both aTm and UT. Pretty what most #20ish teams in college football would do.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 09:08:22 AM »

I could stomach this.

We're not as bad as we played in the 2nd half against OU, but we're probably also not as good as the team that won 4 straight vs the U, Baylor, Mizz, and Tech. So that team probably competes against a much better OSU team and then splits vs aTm/UT before finishing with a win against ISU. Could even beat both aTm and UT. Pretty what most #20ish teams in college football would do.

as long as week don't get raped again, I can live with the outcome. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »

I could stomach this.

You're just so good at this. I kept telling myself that if you rearranged the schedule so that the OU and OSU games were sprinkled in between the 4 conference wins, I'd feel pretty good about where we are.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 09:50:39 AM »

I could stomach this.

You're just so good at this. I kept telling myself that if you rearranged the schedule so that the OU and OSU games were sprinkled in between the 4 conference wins, I'd feel pretty good about where we are.

Its easy to be down after that 2nd half because the Cats were as terrible as OU was good (and a lot of it was just OU being very good, like National Champs good). But this team has already shown its good enough to beat pretty good (but not great) teams, and it did that 4 times. This league is clearly OU/OSU and everyone else, I just want us to be the best of everyone else at this point and I'm confident that can still happen. I'm never one to overreact to one game, either way. I have no problem with being the best of the pretty good teams, which is where Snyder had K-State for most of his career. Only 98, 00, 02, and 03 were we truly competing with the elite teams. Even a lot of our really good teams in other years got run by legit Top 5 teams, especially 97 and 99.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
I took OSU +20.5, and I'd be perfectly happy to lose that bet for #solidmoralvictory. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2011, 11:44:50 AM »
Now that we've established Solid Moral Victory Saturday . . . I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that we could make this game very interesting.   Biggest thing is, hold on to the ball, and come up with a much better defensive scheme then we had last Saturday.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 11:48:55 AM »

Yes, it should be.  I know its a long shot, but the B12 is still possible as well!

This.

We might as well enjoy being in the thick of the race in November.  We need to start breaking down the tie breakers for a KSU/OU/OSU logjam at 11-1.  Is it BCS ranking? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »

Yes, it should be.  I know its a long shot, but the B12 is still possible as well!

This.

We might as well enjoy being in the thick of the race in November.  We need to start breaking down the tie breakers for a KSU/OU/OSU logjam at 11-1.  Is it BCS ranking? 

I think that in the event of a 3-way tie, all three teams would get a Big 12 championship trophy. They tie-breaker would only be used to determine who gets the automatic BCS bid.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »

This.

I think that in the event of a 3-way tie, all three teams would get a Big 12 championship trophy. They tie-breaker would only be used to determine who gets the automatic BCS bid.
  :cheese:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »
I took OSU +20.5, and I'd be perfectly happy to lose that bet for #solidmoralvictory. 

Wow.  That is a GREAT bet.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 08:40:20 AM »
Snyder is 10-4 vs OSU. OSU has been the better team in the month of Nov going 13-9 while KSU is 3-12. LTH (‘07) KSU lost on an OSU FG w/:02 left. LY OSU was w/o WR Blackmon (susp) and trailed 7-0 but scored 24 unanswered incl a 26 yd IR TD to pull away 24-14 on the road. The Cinderella Cats got their bubble burst by angry OU 58-17 as the Sooners scored TD’s on 5 straight poss to start the 2H while KSU had just 32 ttl yds. Methodical K-St off (#4 FBS TOP) is led by QB Klein (124, 58%, 8-3, 762 rush) who has more rush att (177) this yr than pass att (154). KSU is #82 pass eff D (278, 64%, 15-12). OSU continued their mastery of Baylor jumping out to a 42-0 early 3Q lead before allowing 3 4Q TD’s. The final is misleading however as BU drove 69/16pl, 49/9pl, 63/12pl, 43/11pl and 57/8pl in the 1H with nothing to show for it as they were SOD twice, threw 2 picks and missed a FG. OSU QB Weeden is #7 FBS passing (339, 71%, 22-7) with WR Blackmon (74, 11.3, 10 TD) stepping up now that Anyiam is OFY. Cowboys lead the nation in TO margin at +19 which is on pace to break Miami, FL’s 2001 FBS record. Obvious off edge for OSU (#1-72) here.

PHIL’S FORECAST: OKLAHOMA ST 44 KANSAS ST 27

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 08:44:04 AM »
Snyder is 10-4 vs OSU. OSU has been the better team in the month of Nov going 13-9 while KSU is 3-12. LTH (‘07) KSU lost on an OSU FG w/:02 left. LY OSU was w/o WR Blackmon (susp) and trailed 7-0 but scored 24 unanswered incl a 26 yd IR TD to pull away 24-14 on the road. The Cinderella Cats got their bubble burst by angry OU 58-17 as the Sooners scored TD’s on 5 straight poss to start the 2H while KSU had just 32 ttl yds. Methodical K-St off (#4 FBS TOP) is led by QB Klein (124, 58%, 8-3, 762 rush) who has more rush att (177) this yr than pass att (154). KSU is #82 pass eff D (278, 64%, 15-12). OSU continued their mastery of Baylor jumping out to a 42-0 early 3Q lead before allowing 3 4Q TD’s. The final is misleading however as BU drove 69/16pl, 49/9pl, 63/12pl, 43/11pl and 57/8pl in the 1H with nothing to show for it as they were SOD twice, threw 2 picks and missed a FG. OSU QB Weeden is #7 FBS passing (339, 71%, 22-7) with WR Blackmon (74, 11.3, 10 TD) stepping up now that Anyiam is OFY. Cowboys lead the nation in TO margin at +19 which is on pace to break Miami, FL’s 2001 FBS record. Obvious off edge for OSU (#1-72) here.

PHIL’S FORECAST: OKLAHOMA ST 44 KANSAS ST 27

Moral Victory :emawkid:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »
We beat the 'Pokes like a rented mule for awhile, and then they wake up and play the game.  We pull out a Baylor-like victory, and do victory laps counter-clockwise in their east-to-west weirdo stadium.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »
Now that we've established Solid Moral Victory Saturday . . . I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that we could make this game very interesting.   Biggest thing is, hold on to the ball, and come up with a much better defensive scheme then we had last Saturday.

If you're hoping for our defense to win this game, you're going to be sorely disappointed.  The way we win this game is to move the ball, run out the clock, and hope that OSU's insane turnover reverts to the mean and comes crashing back down to earth.  We're not going to stop their offense without interceptions/fumble recoveries, so you should just stop  :bang:.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
I like the idea of winning. It sends me into fascinating memories of Ell Roberson twirling his one finger in the air after the Big 12 championship in 2003.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 11:40:45 PM »

This.

If we learned anything from 2008 (OU going to NC Game over the Texas team that beat them), head to head is irrelevant so it's like 58-17 never happened

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 11:43:28 PM »
"What should we do Coach" says Collin Klein concernedly
"Set Up the flying V youngster" LHC Bill Snyder

:love: