Author Topic: As I read message boards the more convinced I become that very few posters...  (Read 25807 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You should see Ell's stats from his junior year.  :runaway:

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
Roberson 2003 first 7 games (not counting the two he missed): run 117-551 yds-10 TD, pass: 76-146 (52%) 1313 yds, 7 INT, 13 TD - 5-2 record

Klein 2011: run: 151-670 yds-14TD, pass 82-138 (59%) 934 yds, 3 INT, 8 TD - 7-0 record

Wow! Can't argue with those facts. I wouldn't have put CK with Ell just yet, but apparently he belongs in that class.  Let's hope he'll hoist a Big XII trophy like E3 did too.

:emawkid:

Plus the fact that CK is not going to bang some chick in his hotel room and be accused of rape before the BCS game puts him above Ell as well.  :thumbsup:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
the fact we are even arguing this...is a great thing, imo.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
Plus the fact that CK is not going to bang some chick in his hotel room and be accused of rape before the BCS game puts him above Ell as well.  :thumbsup:

:opcat:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
the fact we are even arguing this...is a great thing, imo.

Agreed, Who'da thunk?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Even Michael Bishop thinks this thread went full Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile

...let's not rush to conclusions just YET.  Let's compare Ell's final 7 games to CK's final 7 games this year - then he just MIGHT deserve to have two young ladies pay him a visit the eve of our bowl game  :crossfingers:

Also, I think the DS43 variable is an important one.  Let's see how his final 7 games (2003) stack up against Hubert's final 7 this year too.  I have a hunch DS43 came on as the season progressed AND that E3's passing numbers improved too.

Ira, can we get a preview on this? If so, the first round's on me!  :drink: ('cept w/Lager or IPA for me, not a big fan of stout)
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
I cannot even imagine the BBSing pandemonium that would happen if we ran the table and then were inevitably left out of the title game. Pollsters would absolutely put an undefeated Stanford or Clemson in over us and maybe even a Boise State ("since its a down year for all of football, Boise deserves it chance...")
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile

...let's not rush to conclusions just YET.  Let's compare Ell's final 7 games to CK's final 7 games this year - then he just MIGHT deserve to have two young ladies pay him a visit the eve of our bowl game  :crossfingers:

Also, I think the DS43 variable is an important one.  Let's see how his final 7 games (2003) stack up against Hubert's final 7 this year too.  I have a hunch DS43 came on as the season progressed AND that E3's passing numbers improved too.

Ira, can we get a preview on this? If so, the first round's on me!  :drink: ('cept w/Lager or IPA for me, not a big fan of stout)

Last 6 games Roberson was similar.  Sproles went off:

Roberson: Rushing: 110 - 424yds 5TD, Passing: 76/148 (51%) 1242yds, 5INT, 11 TD

Sproles: Rushing: 141 - 1082yds 7TD, Receiveing: 11-127yds 1 TD

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sproles was such a badass.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
Sproles was is such a badass.

FYP, but he is being squandered.  Play Darren!  :ksu:

BTW, Thanks, Ira! You're faster than Jimmie John's on the stats.  Next time you're in Milwaukee (or I'm wherever you are) the brew is on me.  :cheers:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline username

• Fan
    • View Profile
I cannot even imagine the BBSing pandemonium that would happen if we ran the table and then were inevitably left out of the title game. Pollsters would absolutely put an undefeated Stanford or Clemson in over us and maybe even a Boise State ("since its a down year for all of football, Boise deserves it chance...")

Actually I've heard from a few different media sources that if we go undefeated we'll be in. The computers love the Big 12 because of only having 2 non-con losses this year. If we don't lose, our wins against OU, OSU, and A&M will get us in. A Big 12 team would only have trouble as a one-loss. Since we know there can only be one undefeated team in the Big 12 and SEC it will be a sure thing if both conferences manage to have an unbeaten.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
Sproles was such a badass.

Sproles had 13 for 38yds rushing in the Bowl game against Ohio State.

So in the last four regular season games plus the CG he had 1,044yds on 128 carries...that's 8.2 yards per carry.  Nobody does that.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Please remember that 2003 team could not beat Marshall at home w/o Ell.

That said, it is just great to have this debate!

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
lol.  the thread title is so prophetic.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
Until Klein can say he's a Big 12 Champ and absolutely curb stomped a #1 team, he's not better than Ell. 2003 Big 12 Title game = best performance from a qb/rb tandum ever. I wonder if Sproles 230 yds or whatever is teh best game without a TD by a rb? cause his only td was the receiving one if i remember right.

As for the NC debate. If we win out we'll have 8 wins against top 30 teams and pobably 2-3 wins over top 10 teams and 5 over top 25 teams. We'll get in over Stanford for sure. Clemson could jump us with their conference title game.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
But luckily Clemson will get curb stomped by South Carolina
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
But luckily Clemson will get curb stomped by South Carolina

did they realign conferences in mid-season?

dumbass.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Clemson has played USC every year since like 1900 dood.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Clemson has played USC every year since like 1900 dood.

thought he was referring to conf champ game.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They actually play  USC the last regular season game.  Two games in which they could get curb stomped.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
no referring to their annual rivalry game at the end of teh year.
They have 3 losable games left. GT, USC, and VT in the title game if thats who they draw.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Stanford has USC, Oregon and Notre Dame to end the season. They will lose one of those.
The media wants a Big 12-SEC nc game. There the two baddest mother fuckers in the land. Who wouldn't want to watch them play for it.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
QB.  Ell could run as well as CK but was a much bigger threat to throw the deep ball.  Also, the difference between Sproles and Hubert is pretty huge.  Hubert doesn't take that little screen pass to the house like Darren did in the CCG.

Disagree on Ell.  I prefer CK, but could see the argument that it's almost a wash.  Haven't seen enough deep balls from CK to make a judgment.

WR/TE was the one are I think 2003 may be better, but I like this group we have now.  Even without the Smiths.

:bwpopcorn:

:blindfold: