Author Topic: Status/Twitter/Whatever steve dave Wants To Talk About Thread  (Read 1409949 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Status/Twitter/Whatever steve dave Wants To Talk About Thread
« Reply #7375 on: August 26, 2021, 02:41:37 PM »
Is it a shame yourself that I have no idea who that bert guy is and I don't get the reference?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: August 26, 2021, 02:45:59 PM »
Is it a shame yourself that I have no idea who that bert guy is and I don't get the reference?
Maybe. He's a comedian. His #1 skit is a story about how he studied abroad in Russia and accidentally befriended the Russian mafia on a train and drank with them, stole crap, etc. and the only word he knew in Russian was "I am the machine" & the mafia ate that crap up. It's a very good skit.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: August 26, 2021, 02:47:36 PM »

I think he is funny as crap.

His other stuff is pretty great as well.
@mikec2w

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: August 26, 2021, 02:52:12 PM »
Yeah, he tells it so well.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7380 on: August 26, 2021, 03:23:00 PM »
 :D

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: August 30, 2021, 08:34:53 PM »
 :sdeek:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: August 31, 2021, 12:48:31 AM »
I still can't figure out how the marketing group got them on ESPN

Also I guess it's tied back to ANOTHER fake school. Thread with more info:

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1432472727974293516

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: August 31, 2021, 12:56:40 AM »
Quote from: Phog
Gene Taylor thinks Bishop Sycamore would be a good add to the conference.

:shakesfist:

The stress of conference realignment is making our KU friends angry / mean. . .

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: August 31, 2021, 05:11:41 AM »
I still can't figure out how the marketing group got them on ESPN

Also I guess it's tied back to ANOTHER fake school. Thread with more info:

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1432472727974293516

I spent all day Monday on this. I went back and watched the IMG game, it's still on ESPN+, it was hilarious for many reasons. I read every article I could find, and I went to their "website" and watched a game from last year against Massillon which is an Ohio football powerhouse. There are also a couple of twitter accounts that are fun reads that are defending Sycamore.

As of now, they still have at least one more game lined up, but I'm guessing this won't last for long
https://twitter.com/SportsDayHS/status/1432478347204911106

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: August 31, 2021, 09:15:16 AM »
I've seen IMG in person toy with AL HS Football powers, like Hoover.

I tuned in to that game on Sunday, I heard that BS was a virtual home school, I turned the channel.   IMG had run two plays and was already in scoring position.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: August 31, 2021, 02:44:54 PM »

I tuned in to that game on Sunday, I heard that BS was a virtual home school, I turned the channel.   IMG had run two plays and was already in scoring position.

I will say IMG didn't bathe themselves in glory, in fact they were assholes and the announcers rightfully weren't happy with their coaches either. Their coach is Pepper Johnson, the linebacker from the Giants back in the day. I guess during the week he refused to speak to ESPN about the team, even LHC Bill Snyder didn't pull that crap.

During the game, at the end of the first half, they were up 31-0 with the ball on their own like 30 with roughly 25 seconds left in the half. They converted a pass inside the 10 with maybe 15 or so seconds left, they then proceeded to call two time outs and spiked the ball when they were out of time outs trying to score, luckily they didn't score. He also left starters in the game for the entire 3rd quarter. Every single senior on their 2 deep has a FBS offer and they have like 7 juniors in the ESPN 300 for that class.

They didn't have a negative play until 4 minutes left in the first half, that negative play was an incomplete pass.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: August 31, 2021, 02:48:22 PM »
And IMG played them last year! They knew what they were doing.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: August 31, 2021, 03:06:52 PM »
Someone's making a lot of money off of this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: August 31, 2021, 03:55:39 PM »
The "coaches" used $100,000 in funds they got from using the name of a church they weren't affiliated with. They started a gofundme for $20,000 but only got $200. ESPN definitely didn't get a lot of ad revenue and they had to share it with the production company that puts these games together. That production company definitely lost money on this game, just on the rent they had to pay the football hall of fame to use Benson Field. Because the local team was a fake online school and the visitors were from a school In Florida with nationwide students, there were 200 people in those bleachers, tops.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7395 on: August 31, 2021, 04:07:07 PM »
The "coaches" used $100,000 in funds they got from using the name of a church they weren't affiliated with. They started a gofundme for $20,000 but only got $200. ESPN definitely didn't get a lot of ad revenue and they had to share it with the production company that puts these games together. That production company definitely lost money on this game, just on the rent they had to pay the football hall of fame to use Benson Field. Because the local team was a fake online school and the visitors were from a school In Florida with nationwide students, there were 200 people in those bleachers, tops.

Wouldn't someone have to benefit from all this?  Otherwise, what's the point?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: September 01, 2021, 12:05:04 AM »

Wouldn't someone have to benefit from all this?  Otherwise, what's the point?

For the guy who runs the program to ultimately scam his way into a good coaching job, if I were to guess. Reading all that I've read, it looks like the shadiness from BS is from one dude, he was even lying to the assistant coaches.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: September 02, 2021, 09:12:56 AM »

I will say IMG didn't bathe themselves in glory, in fact they were assholes and the announcers rightfully weren't happy with their coaches either. Their coach is Pepper Johnson, the linebacker from the Giants back in the day. I guess during the week he refused to speak to ESPN about the team, even LHC LHC Bill Snyder didn't pull that crap.

During the game, at the end of the first half, they were up 31-0 with the ball on their own like 30 with roughly 25 seconds left in the half. They converted a pass inside the 10 with maybe 15 or so seconds left, they then proceeded to call two time outs and spiked the ball when they were out of time outs trying to score, luckily they didn't score. He also left starters in the game for the entire 3rd quarter. Every single senior on their 2 deep has a FBS offer and they have like 7 juniors in the ESPN 300 for that class.

They didn't have a negative play until 4 minutes left in the first half, that negative play was an incomplete pass.

I met pepper Johnson at our mutually known Massachusetts Boys camp and had no idea who he was (at the time) but have always remembered it because of his distinctive name.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: September 03, 2021, 10:26:11 AM »

I will say IMG didn't bathe themselves in glory, in fact they were assholes and the announcers rightfully weren't happy with their coaches either. Their coach is Pepper Johnson, the linebacker from the Giants back in the day. I guess during the week he refused to speak to ESPN about the team, even LHC LHC Bill Snyder didn't pull that crap.

I met pepper Johnson at our mutually known Massachusetts Boys camp and had no idea who he was (at the time) but have always remembered it because of his distinctive name.

Was he working, a camp parent, or both? Was he pleasant?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: September 03, 2021, 04:36:10 PM »
I think he was there giving a talk or something, but I don't really remember
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite