Author Topic: Report: Mangino to K-State  (Read 39658 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Report: Mangino to K-State
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »
Master threads.  Love them or leave them.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:04 PM »
I think this news should have it's own thread. I don't under stand why I have sift through a 3 and half year old thread to find out Mangino is going ISU.

I don't get it. I just don't. Start a new thread for things like this.

for post 100.
I pissed on a KU chick and she liked it. (true story)

Pro tip: For long threads that pop-up that I haven't read for either the 1st time or in a long time, I start a couple of pages before the last page and look at the date of the 1st post on that page. I then move forward or backward as appropriate to find where the new posts start. After that, the new button after the thread title when I use the unread or replies link works great to go directly to where the new posts start. Pretty slick for staying up to date.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2014, 08:32:22 PM »

Look how much weight he's lost. He's almost the size of a normal person now.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »

Look how much weight he's lost. He's almost the size of a normal person now.
:D
 :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2014, 09:09:51 PM »
Iowa State can't duck Oklahoma and Texas in the same year like Fluke U of 2007.  Todd Reesing had a Bill Young defense behind is ecstasy sucking arm. Not to mention Ron Prince grooming Freeman for the turnover record.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
And in other news, after finding out that KU lost today, this gentleman has this to say.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2014, 09:19:29 PM »
And in other news, after finding out that KU lost today, this gentleman has this to say.

The picture quality of that gif never ceases to amaze me.  That "The Gridiron" or whatever it was called series that KU put out during the Gill years was really a treat, and a waste of high-quality film and production.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:30 PM »
Master threads.  Love them or leave them.

love this one - it's got that "beasley to the lakers (nope phoenix)" feel to it

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
  • Everyone's a little douche'e sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2014, 10:52:30 PM »
I think this news should have it's own thread. I don't under stand why I have sift through a 3 and half year old thread to find out Mangino is going ISU.

for post 100.

Pro tip: For long threads that pop-up that I haven't read for either the 1st time or in a long time, I start a couple of pages before the last page and look at the date of the 1st post on that page. I then move forward or backward as appropriate to find where the new posts start. After that, the new button after the thread title when I use the unread or replies link works great to go directly to where the new posts start. Pretty slick for staying up to date.

Yes this works. But the topics are not related. Besides fitz's brother being in both.
Did you know Kansas State's first mascot was a black lab?

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2014, 12:03:31 AM »

for post 100.

Yes this works. But the topics are not related. Besides fitz's brother being in both.
What, who, when, where?  :dunno:

Offline KSUblacklab

• Fan
  • Everyone's a little douche'e sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2014, 08:21:07 AM »

for post 100.

The fat man.(gino)
Did you know Kansas State's first mascot was a black lab?

I don't like master threads as much as others. I mean, they have there purpose. But, so do new threads.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2014, 08:52:25 AM »
a 'mangino is fat' and 'fitz is fat' joke all in one!  :runaway:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »

for post 100.

The fat man.(gino)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2014, 09:44:10 PM »
Iowa State DL coach Curtis Bray, 43, dies
Published   11 hours and 17 minutes ago 

By Ken Bradley Sporting News

Iowa State assistant coach Curtis Bray died Wednesday morning.

We lost a great man today in Coach Bray. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. #Cyclones pic.twitter.com/PuA96HqU9V
— Cyclone Football (@CycloneFB) January 15, 2014
Bray, 43, collapsed while working out, according to AllCyclones.com.

Curtis Bray collapsed and died this morning while working out. The ISU assistant football coach was 43, with a wife and 2 kids. RIP.
Bray was the defensive line coach for the Cyclones since 2009.

“Curtis Bray was a dear friend to me and to all he ever came in contact with,” Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads said in a statement Wednesday. “He was a trusted and loyal assistant coach who always put the kids and the team in front of his work. He was as genuine in his approach to relationships, coaching and life as anyone I have ever been associated with. We will miss him dearly.”

Defensive end Cory Morrissey was an honorable mention All-Big 12 performer this season. He said Bray was like a father figure to him.

“He definitely was a father figure for me with everything that has happened in my life,” Morrissey said. “I lost my father when I was 14. I learned everything about the position and life lessons from him. He coached beyond the field. He coached young men to become men.”

A graduate of Pittsburgh where he played linebacker, Bray also made stops at Temple, Pittsburgh, Villanova, Western Kentucky and Duquesne as a defensive assistant.

Bray met Rhoads while on staff at Pittsburgh — Rhoads was the Panthers' defensive coordinator.

Bray is survived by his wife, Heather, and daughter, Sydney, and son, Colden Charles.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2014, 08:00:05 AM »
well that is awful

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »
 :frown:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2014, 11:01:50 AM »
Horrible. I'll be 43 in July. :(

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2014, 02:32:54 PM »
Mark looks pretty good. Glad he's landed on his feet. Hope he gets another legit shot.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/football/news/mark-mangino-on-nsd-coaching-w-his-son-more/

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Mark looks pretty good. Glad he's landed on his feet. Hope he gets another legit shot.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/football/news/mark-mangino-on-nsd-coaching-w-his-son-more/
Holy crap! Tommy is on a D1 staff already? That lucky SOB. He played baseball in college (Washburn) and just like that, has got himself on a D1 coaching staff 7 years later. He was my catcher in legion ball. Good for him.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2014, 02:54:13 PM »

Holy crap! Tommy is on a D1 staff already? That lucky SOB. He played baseball in college (Washburn) and just like that, has got himself on a D1 coaching staff 7 years later. He was my catcher in legion ball. Good for him.

He's been on the Arkansas staff for a couple of seasons already.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »

He's been on the Arkansas staff for a couple of seasons already.
Last I heard he was with Hutch. Nice.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
from what i know the Manginos are pretty good people

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2014, 04:05:03 PM »
from what i know the Manginos are pretty good people
They are.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »
Well it helps when your dad is a D-1 OC and hires you to coach his WR's but good for him.  It looks like Rhoades is really turning over the entire offense to Mangino.   He has badly mismanaged that offense and QB situation the last couple of seasons so he needed something.   I doubt it helps much overall but it may buy him a couple more years.