Author Topic: Finney is really good...  (Read 6132 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: Finney is really good...
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »
They called it on Finney, but he wasn't actually downfield that play. I think it was actually Whitehair.

Leave my guy out of this!  :shakesfist:

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 12:42:45 PM »
Thanks.  Just so I understand:  Our lineman are not "ineligible downfield" so long as they are within 3 yards of the LOS, regardless of whether they are engaging a defender or not?  And, conversely, our lineman are "ineligible downfield" if they get past that 3-yard area, regardless of whether they are engaging a defender or not? In other words, it doesn't matter whether they are engaging a defender or not, the determinative question is whether they are within 3 yards of the LOS?  That is different than what I read earlier.

That has always been my understanding of the rule. Here are a couple of quotes (from SEC director of officials) that confirm this from after the Auburn-Alabama game when there were questions regarding Marshall's late TD pass on a POP pass play.

“No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than 3 yards beyond the neutral zone until a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone has been thrown,” Shaw said. “The key word is thrown — it is where the players are when the pass is released.”

“It is not offensive pass interference when after the snap an ineligible receiver immediately charges and contacts an opponent at a point not more than 1 yard beyond the neutral zone and does not continue the contact more than 3 yards beyond the neutral zone,” Shaw said.

Cool.  Thanks much.

After Stoops' whining fit I'm sure the officials are going to be all over this play from here on out, especially this weekend against Texas.

I imagine Snyder will be making sure we are not blatantly violating the rule so as to make it an easy call.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 12:28:24 AM »
Kansas State senior C B.J. Finney accepted an invitation to the East-West Shrine Game.

The former walk-on is a four-year starter with good size (6-foot-4, 303 pounds), athleticism and smarts. Finney's weakness is a lack of strength, though some evaluators think he'll excel in the right scheme. For instance, TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline believes Finney "projects as a middle round pick for a zone blocking offense."

Source: East-West Shrine Game Dec 23 - 6:10 PM

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 03:54:41 PM »
Best wishes on retirement to a great Cat who's name is also a food:

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1534237335340167168?s=20&t=t_C8uBPyY_UxaXEqaiGuYA

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2022, 08:53:29 AM »
Grats to Finney and great career and great cat
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2022, 11:50:17 AM »

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2022, 12:06:30 PM »
lol. I was wondering the same thing so I looked it up.

Smoked Haddock. "Filleted finney" is actually a piece on Finnon haddock, the finest haddock from Finnon.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2022, 12:19:51 PM »
Bunch of idiots in this thread eating shetland haddock  :ROFL:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2022, 03:01:49 PM »
Being Kansans I'd think we'd most closely associated that name with the second best county in the state and the second best governor in the state's history.