Author Topic: I can't believe we haven't sold out the Bill already..  (Read 12447 times)

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe we haven't sold out the Bill already..
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 06:03:57 PM »
Im pretty sure we had 49500 against Baylor. Thats 500 off of capacity and we're screwing ourselves with that high deck above the student section. no one wants to sit there

What are u saying? You want us to tear it down? 
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
The seats above the student section really aren't that bad. The end zone seats and seats to the north of the student section are worse.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »
The seats above the student section really aren't that bad. The end zone seats and seats to the north of the student section are worse.

north endzone is ok due to the chill atmosphere (cannot explain it, you must experience - king winters can help me out here)

the very end of the student section is a complete disaster. i'd rather watch the game in a 2003 volvo s40.  :sdeek:

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
Im pretty sure we had 49500 against Baylor. Thats 500 off of capacity and we're screwing ourselves with that high deck above the student section. no one wants to sit there

no just saying that that screws us in terms of "selling out"
we would sell out easily without those.
and we sold out the first two so idk why everyones freaking
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »

we should just go back to playing games at the old stadium like i already said. we would deffy sell that place out. i'm going to email currie tomorrow morning.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »

we should just go back to playing games at the old stadium like i already said. we would deffy sell that place out. i'm going to email currie tomorrow morning.
your kidding right
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »

your kidding right

Look, I know you're new around here, but omfg, come on.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 08:43:53 PM »

your kidding right

seems easier than tearing down the entire east side. plus it's closer to aggieville and the stadium was really loud back when i was in school and they still played fball games there. idk.  :dunno:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »

your kidding right

r u a lukesock?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »

your kidding right

Look, I know you're new around here, but omfg, come on.

He's not kidding

Someone needs to 'shop the new press box onto Old Stadium. Tia.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 08:48:16 PM »
Snyder supporters are so smug now. I guess you've earned it.

After beasley/walker/pullen beat KU to hit 5-0 or whatever back in 07, I remember starting a thread about "our status as a national title contender". I knew it was hopeless, but I also figured I may not get a chance to start that kind of thread again anytime soon. So I rode it while I could.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »

your kidding right

seems easier than tearing down the entire east side. plus it's closer to aggieville and the stadium was really loud back when i was in school and they still played fball games there. idk.  :dunno:
no one ever suggested tearing down the east side. i just said that they are crappy seats that few people wanna pay to watch a game from.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »

your kidding right

Oh man, can you imagine going to Aggieville at halftime? You'd go to RAB, have a sandwich and a few brews, then make it back with 5 minutes to spare before the 2nd half started. Can you copy/paste your e-mail to Currie tomorrow so I can send him one too?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »

your kidding right

Oh man, can you imagine going to Aggieville at halftime? You'd go to RAB, have a sandwich and a few brews, then make it back with 5 minutes to spare before the 2nd half started. Can you copy/paste your e-mail to Currie tomorrow so I can send him one too?

we used to do exactly that same thing back when they used to play games there. although sometimes rab would be too crowded and we half to walk over bww or so long.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »

your kidding right

we used to do exactly that same thing back when they used to play games there. although sometimes rab would be too crowded and we half to walk over bww or so long.

A goEMAW.com campaign has never failed. This one won't be the first.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »
so I was thinking, instead of tearing down the upper deck, do you think it would be possible to just move it? like, take the pressbox off, get some giant ass cranes in there, remove a few bolts and just swing it over to the west side. then build a new press box on the east side. EMAW4Life, is this what you're thinking too?

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »

your kidding right

r u a lukesock?
What's that supposed to mean?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:44 PM »

your kidding right

r u a lukesock?
Yeah, what the hell did you mean by that, kim?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »

your kidding right

r u a lukesock?
Yeah, what the hell did you mean by that, kim?

sorry luke, i misspoke.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 10:21:58 PM »
We never sell out until about 48 hours until kick off.

we never seem to have more than 2000 tickets remaining either
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 10:25:40 PM »
I can't believe how many assholes have pointed out that the seats near midfield are better than the ones in the endzone.   :facepalm:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »

eff I love the south end zone.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »

After beasley/walker/pullen beat KU to hit 5-0 or whatever back in 07, I remember starting a thread about "our status as a national title contender". I knew it was hopeless, but I also figured I may not get a chance to start that kind of thread again anytime soon. So I rode it while I could.

oh man, this is such a great post. it's too bad it's buried in this weird thread.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »

oh man, this is such a great post. it's too bad it's buried in this weird thread.

yeah mocat. it's buriend so deep in this two page thread that i needed a backhoe just to go back and see the orginal post that you quoted. quit burying stuff guys. especially in weird threads.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »

your kidding right

A goEMAW.com campaign has never failed. This one won't be the first.

Lazy river? :dunno:
:adios: