Author Topic: Phavorite Phog P(h)osts  (Read 6075 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Phavorite Phog P(h)osts
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »
They have no one down low that even compares to Morris and Aldrich.

9-9 KU

FYI - BYU and New Mexico is a good one, as expected. NM up 1 in the first half, 8 to go.

Well, the refs have decided to give anal to the Okie State crowd this game.  27-2 aint bad.  2008 all over again, on the same day that Tennesee beats a Calimari highly ranked team, we have to go to Stillwater and play 5 on 8, five players and three zebras.

that foul on Keif was to make the crowd happy. Pussys.

I want a full review by the Big 12 after that reversal by the refs. Suspend all the refs for a few games without pay.

How could this be their first sellout in 4 years when we played there two years ago and we cause everyone to sell out?

Anderson throws up more trash than any individual we have seen all year.

WTF is wrong with Collins!!!!! Sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the game. What a terrible senior year.

Who's ready for some curling finals?

OSU is pathetic....literally all they can do is chuck 3's.  I'm not even upset about this anymore.  It is comical.

**** you osu, **** you refs, **** you big 12, **** you cbs, i'm drunk.

I am sorry but I don't like this lose at all...bsc dollar signs all over again..these refs gave state this one

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Phavorite Phog P(h)osts
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:20:35 PM »
ku fans bitch more than any group of people i have ever had to deal w/  :users:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
SUSPEND EVERYONE!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »
Means their parents gave them everything when they were growing up, I assume that they maintained this mentality throughout their UK fandom career. Sorry UK, turns out when you tackle someone in basketball, it IS a foul on you. I know, I KNOW they don't usually call that on you, but we all have bad days.

GMAFB

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 06:53:07 PM »
ku fans complaining about the refs.

take me now, i've seen it all.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:01:47 PM »
The last one about the bcs dollar signs is rich.  That would be true if OSU had been jobbed by the refs.

uk is the texas in this case, or are they admitting that they are not among the elite?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 11:11:40 PM »
reading phog.net game threads is a favorite hobby of mine.  especially when the game is close.  

also enjoy reading their game  threads during games not involving ku
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:06:11 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 02:55:16 AM »
WTF is wrong with Collins!!!!! Sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the game. What a terrible senior year.
This is pure gold

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 03:16:30 AM »
Awesome post.  Top shelf hilarity. 

In my spare time, I run a few statistical models on Big 12 officiating.  One of the metrics I use helps determine when away teams receive favorable officiating.  So far this season, there have been 13 conference games that have popped up as unfavorable to the home team.  In six of those games, the visiting team was Kansas.  And one of those six was Kansas at Oklahoma State. 

It's just so awesome to watch KU fans  :runaway: and  :bawl: about the officiating when, statistically, OSU got hosed on their homecourt.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 08:14:02 AM »
Wife and I were in downtown DC yesterday and took the opportunity to go incognito and catch the KU game at Porters in Dupont (KU bar). Pretty great time. I spent the whole time bitching about the refs, yelling "POINT PLANKN!" every time Taylor touched the ball and urging Zhaveeyay to "earn those illegal benefits, big guy!".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »
I like this one. It works on multiple levels for me:

I don't think Sherron has any major injuries, but lets be honest, he's 22 as far as college b-ball players go he's pretty old. I don't think he is athletic as he was his freshman year, but I think he is a better basketball player. I think he is suffering more from just general soreness than anything.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 08:34:21 AM »
also enjoy reading their game during games not involving ku

Same here.  It usually starts with something like this:

"OMG this is the ugliest b-ball game ever."

And goes from there.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 09:03:04 AM »

And goes from there.

i really feel for those poor devils.  i can't imagine how horrible it must be to hate college basketball so much, yet feel obliged to watch game after joyless game.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 09:08:23 AM »

And goes from there.

"(player) has no discipline"

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 09:15:23 AM »

And goes from there.

"(player) has no discipline"

"God these fans are terrible. BOOOOOO! We sell out every game and don't rush the floor and are super smarter about teh hoops."

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 09:44:29 AM »
Lamenting on how Self was able to control himself and not get T'd up after the officials had the gall to review whether or not a foot was on the line for a 3 pointer.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »

I don't think Sherron has any major injuries, but lets be honest, he's 22 as far as college b-ball players go he's pretty old. I don't think he is athletic as he was his freshman year, but I think he is a better basketball player. I think he is suffering more from just general soreness than anything.

Wow, I am loling right now

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »

And goes from there.

i really feel for those poor devils.  i can't imagine how horrible it must be to hate college basketball so much, yet feel obliged to watch game after joyless game.

They're just ridiculously spoiled.  Can't understand why every team doesn't look as pretty as theirs.

Bookcat

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 09:54:14 AM »
Ostate was called for more fouls than Kansas yesterday.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »

Wow, I am loling right now

If you think about it, it's amazing that he's still about to crank out kids at his old age.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
ku fans complaining about the refs.

take me now, i've seen it all.

KU fans bitch about the refs in 10+ point margin victories.  They could have 8 fouls called against them vs. the other team's 22 and they would be complaining the entire time.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »

That can't be right.  How else can you explain KU being down nearly 20 points for most of the game.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »

That can't be right.  How else can you explain KU being down nearly 20 points for most of the game.

Only two reasons KU ever loses:

1) Terrible officiating (in some cases, these are "key calls" at "crucial moments" that "change the whole game")
2) Freak 3-point shooting from other team (never mention perimeter defense here).

That's pretty much it.

BTW, these are also some fundamental elite team talking points, so we need to be familiar with them. If we got more calls, that's because we're "more aggressive" and "took it to the rim", while the garbage team "settled for jump shots" and "didn't work it inside".

If we have an above-average shooting night, we "worked the ball for open looks" and "exploited their D". If they have an above-average night, it's "ridiculous", "unprecedented" and probably due to them being super-excited at the opportunity to even share the same court with us.

Also, their fans are ugly, racist, boo too much and don't know anything about basketball.

Finally, there's the Sherron/Todd Reesing rule, which basically says that anytime an emblematic player underperforms, he/she is in reality gallantly gutting out a secret, nagging injury that's super serious but that they're too proud/noble to use as an excuse.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »

Finally, there's the Sherron/Todd Reesing rule, which basically says that anytime an emblematic player underperforms, he/she is in reality gallantly gutting out a secret, nagging injury that's super serious but that they're too proud/noble to use as an excuse.

This.

Is.

Hilariously.

Accurate.

Bookcat

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »

Ostate 21 PF
Kansas 20 PF

OSTATE  11-17 from the freethrow line
Kansas 15-23 from the freethrow line

BUT BuT BUT THE OFFICIAL SCREWED US. WAAAAAH.