Author Topic: auto purchase sug.(not to be confused with hundreds of other sd request threads)  (Read 40312 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Jesus. Congrats spracne

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
tacoma

This is literally the opposite of a mocat post.

I'm so rough ridin' stupid. This took me a bit.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
glad I ventured in here. My word.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

spracne has been sitting on that one for a while

Feels good...

ok, i have to admit, this is pretty amazing.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bought a 2015 kia sorento. Wife liked it. I liked the price and the warranty. Rides very nice. Lots of room and features.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
New car purchases are great. Dumbass Dave Ramsey types will tell you otherwise but they churn through shitwagons that never provide any utility for the sake of pinching penny's. You'll be happy with the purchase if it checks the boxes for your family.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Feels good...

Well, this is just fantastic. 

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Used cars just dont have the value, but they certainly have the cost. I'd rather have a nice car and pay a little more with a warranty than have the shitwagon that needs repairs. Plus we got a killer deal. Thanks for the advice sd.
New car purchases are great. Dumbass Dave Ramsey types will tell you otherwise but they churn through shitwagons that never provide any utility for the sake of pinching penny's. You'll be happy with the purchase if it checks the boxes for your family.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
For me it depends on the class of car. When stepping into a luxury line, I'll take a CPO. The next IPA4Me ride will be in this range...

http://www.tafelmotors.com/used/2011/mercedes/e350/2011-mercedes-e350-black-louisville-for-sale-wddhf8hb1ba464620

I could get a new Impala (had one for nine years) or Taurus in that range with a bumper to bumper warranty. I'd rather spend the same and have that sweet Benz or 5-series BMW with a few miles on it.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Feels good...

Spracne, congratulations on a post that is so amazing that you were able to get KC to break character.
KC- do better.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Feels good...

Spracne, congratulations on a post that is so amazing that you were able to get KC to break character.
KC- do better.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Wrt op, get the 2014Odyssey. It has a built in vacuum!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Used cars just dont have the value, but they certainly have the cost. I'd rather have a nice car and pay a little more with a warranty than have the shitwagon that needs repairs. Plus we got a killer deal. Thanks for the advice sd.

I bought my current car in 2006 for $3300, has needed almost zero repairs.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
cargurus.com is a pretty great site imo if you all haven't used it

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Define "value"

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lots of dumbass Dave Ramsey types being outed.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thread got me looking and I realized I can afford a BMW. I'm currently looking into a 330xi. 6 speed manual. Anyone have experience with them?

By looking into, I mean buying one in the next 6 months.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thread got me looking and I realized I can afford a BMW. I'm currently looking into a 330xi. 6 speed manual. Anyone have experience with them?

do you live in manhattan?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes. I currently drive a 98 prelude, 133k miles. No intent to sell, but I'd like to have a nice sedan as well.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes. I currently drive a 98 prelude, 133k miles. No intent to sell, but I'd like to have a nice sedan as well.
I think it will be a major pain in the ass. Its not like driving a prelude a lot of places won't even change the oil on a bmw or mercedes.. repairs are more costly and even the simplest things like windshield blades need to be specially ordered.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think it will be a major pain in the ass. Its not like driving a prelude a lot of places won't even change the oil on a bmw or mercedes.. repairs are more costly and even the simplest things like windshield blades need to be specially ordered.

I get that and am open to changing my own oil. I'm also open to making repairs. I replaced the head gasket in my prelude. I've just wanted a M3 for as long as I can remember. Also wanted a prelude for a while and I've owned one for 6 years. I know I can't afford an M3 at this point in my life but am willing to wait for that. I've been debating between a BMW sedan and an S2000 and the former is more achievable currently.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:56:29 PM by Sundance»¤«Kid »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
People that haggle and pay cash for major purchases are just the worst.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah it sucks not having to pay interest on a multi-thousand dollar purchase.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice

Yeah it sucks not having to pay interest on a multi-thousand dollar purchase.
I hate saving money. Banks need that interest to survive. ::)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

I bought my current car in 2006 for $3300, has needed almost zero repairs.

What kind of car?