Author Topic: Copyright Q  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Copyright Q
« on: February 26, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
I made a little test sample video with k-statesports.com pictures from games that I was going to upload, but would that be considered copyright infringement?  If i wrote where the pictures came from under the description even?  They have a publish button each on them so you can post them to social sites but I don't know if that makes a difference if the pictures can be published in a youtube video.

Anyone with any knowledge on this?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Copyright Q
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
Nobody will ever give you grief about it....unless you start making money off it.  So, bombs away bro.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:41 PM »
Nobody will ever give you grief about it....unless you start making money off it.  So, bombs away bro.

:ump:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 10:48:52 PM »
I made a little test sample video with k-statesports.com pictures from games that I was going to upload, but would that be considered copyright infringement?  If i wrote where the pictures came from under the description even?  They have a publish button each on them so you can post them to social sites but I don't know if that makes a difference if the pictures can be published in a youtube video.

Anyone with any knowledge on this?

YOU WILL BE SUED!!!!!!!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 10:49:05 PM »

:ump:

Best use of this emoticon, ever.  

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
Technically, regardless of how something is used, even if you give credit to the originator, you can be held liable for using copywritten items without consent of the owner.

However, risk of being sued is unlikely; like stated above, making $$ would increase risk - second way to improve probability of being sued would be displaying the product in a negative light.  Several companies/organizations/etc are considerably concerned with their identity.  For example, if you used a Nike logo on an anti child labor / sweat shop advertisement - they would probably get pissed.

Bottom line - don't make KSU look bad & don't make money on it, and they won't give a crap.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 11:47:02 PM »
I should note that even if the person doesn't have the ownership of the pictures but his name is Terry Pierce you're prolly getting sued.  So, keep that in mind.

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
I should note that even if the person doesn't have the ownership of the pictures but his name is Terry Pierce you're prolly getting sued.  So, keep that in mind.

Speaking of being sued, you will probably be hit with libel and I believe the name Terry Pierce is also trademarked.
FWIW - he also has trademarks on-
premium and
I've been really busy and it will post later tonight or in the morning at the latest.
Tread lightly.   :ohno:
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »
You'll all be fine just so long as there are no goEMAW.com coolers involved.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »

Speaking of being sued, you will probably be hit with libel and I believe the name Terry Pierce is also trademarked.
FWIW - he also has trademarks on-
premium and
I've been really busy and it will post later tonight or in the morning at the latest.
Tread lightly.   :ohno:

He also owns "f@ggots" and telling people to kill themselves.