TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Kansas State Football

phog.net realignment gems

(1/176) > >>

michigancat:

--- Quote from: Saulbadguy on September 08, 2011, 08:06:25 AM ---I'm too lazy to wade through all the gabrage, someone needs to do a Phog.net realignment gems thread at some point.

--- End quote ---

Here's a few:

from the thread "Pat Forde is a Hack":

--- Quote ---http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6941542/baylor-bears-biggest-obstacles-texas-aggies-join-sec.

According to him, KU is certainly the brother of the poor, but Missouri is neither mentioned with the heavyweights, nor with the bottom feeders. Jackass. I mean, it's not altogether untrue, but at this point, no one other than OU, UT, and aTm really can say they have a seat at another table, but he sure finds a way to make sure KU isn't sitting pretty without bothering to mention where MU is.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Saulbadguy on September 08, 2011, 08:06:25 AM ---I'm too lazy to wade through all the gabrage, someone needs to do a Phog.net realignment gems thread at some point.

--- End quote ---

Here's a few:

from the thread "Pat Forde is a Hack":

--- Quote ---http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6941542/baylor-bears-biggest-obstacles-texas-aggies-join-sec.

According to him, KU is certainly the brother of the poor, but Missouri is neither mentioned with the heavyweights, nor with the bottom feeders. Jackass. I mean, it's not altogether untrue, but at this point, no one other than OU, UT, and aTm really can say they have a seat at another table, but he sure finds a way to make sure KU isn't sitting pretty without bothering to mention where MU is.
--- End quote ---

From the thread "Regents prefer Kansas, K-State remain together":

--- Quote ---For the record, the state of Kansas has the most asinine system to run its universities on the planet.  I have dealt with those morons.  Over half of the regents hope for KU to fail.  A former Regents Chairman told me repeatedly how much he disliked KU and loved KSU because that bufoon former President of KSU would send him flowers every year at the beginning of the school year.  GIve me a break.  He was an ESU hornet and literally hoped KU would fail. What KU has in common with the state's community colleges and Fort Hays State is beyond me.  On a more positive note,  I have been surprised, and pleased, to see BGL actually show some stones and stand up for KU.  KSU is a cesspool and the farther KU moves from it the better. 
--- End quote ---

There are lots more, add if needed.

pissclams:
Taken from-  Little Brother fan thinks the BE wants them more than KU

--- Quote ---Hilarious stuff over there. Let the delusions continue! I so hope we seperate from them.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---our athletic dept revenue dwarfs ksucks. Not sure but I think even our football revenue is at least as good if not better. I can guarantee that any conference if they had to choose only one would choose ku, not even a discussion.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I cannot wait until KSU is playing in Conference USA, Mtn West, or the Missouri Valley Conference.
--- End quote ---

Dr Rick Daris:

--- Quote from: michigancat on September 08, 2011, 08:14:20 AM ---

--- End quote ---

there are just too many. it would be a full time job for one person to sit at a computer and cut and paste all day. goEMAW would have to get an intern or something and we are on a hiring freeze currently due to the current big12 conference issues.

michigancat:

--- Quote from: Rick Daris on September 08, 2011, 08:19:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: michigancat on September 08, 2011, 08:14:20 AM ---

--- End quote ---

there are just too many. it would be a full time job for one person to sit at a computer and cut and paste all day. goEMAW would have to get an intern or something and we are on a hiring freeze currently due to the current big12 conference issues.

--- End quote ---

yeah, kansascitysportsfan could have his own intern. A sample of his work from "Article:KU and KSU have BE offer if ACC does not come":

--- Quote ---Why on earth would the Big East or any other conference take both KU and KSU?? If you want the KC market and the rest of Kansas, all you need is KU. KU and MU would be a much more attractive pairing. Any scenario that has us tied with ksu will not get us into a good conference. The BE needs to be the last resort for KU.
--- End quote ---

pissclams:
Better FB: Okie State, or KU?

--- Quote ---On one of the threads, can't recall which, somebody opined that OSU has a far better football program than KU.   Is that really true?   Where do reputations begin and facts end?     Here are some facts on this question:

1)  All-Time Head-to-Head:      29-29-3.    Avg margin:  1.83 points.     Since 1990 it is 7-6 Kansas.
2)  All-Time winning %:    KU 572-561-58  (50.5%) vs. OSU:    521-522-48 (49.9%).
3)  Bowl history:   KU  6-6   vs. OSU 13-8.
4)  Major Bowls:   KU 3 (OB 1948, OB 1969, OB 2008)   OSU 1  (Sugar, 1946)
5) Recent History (wins since 1990 ):    KU   116,    OSU 119.

So if anyone can......please tell me how these two programs differ?   You'd be hard pressed to find any two programs more similar than KU and OSU.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Track around field:

KU       1
OSU    0
--- End quote ---
:lol: ^chemhawk

--- Quote ---Are they better as of today, Sept 4 2011?   Yeah.    Good thing we didn't ask that question in November 2007 after we beat them handily there to move to 10-0 and they to 5-5.    And that's kinda the point:  picking the proper data point at which to ask that question, only begs the actual question in the first place.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---If you're going to go by current FB results, I know of a certain "football powerhouse" with their own exclusive contract on NBC....who just got punked at home by South Florida.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Over the past 20 years, we are nearly identical in every way. Over the past 100 years, we are nearly identical in every way. If you want to pick the specific time frame of 1971-2011 then that's your business. But I think you look really stupid doing so.

You sound like a KSU football fan, picking and choosing what years to accept sports results from.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version