Author Topic: hilton garden inn  (Read 1161 times)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
hilton garden inn
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: hilton garden inn
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
I like them.  They are great for business travel.  If you are a Hilton Gold you get free breakfast.  They usually have a bar in the lobby in the evening.  free printing in the business center.  some weird adjustable bed that they brag about but that I can't really ever tell is different than any other bed. always have nice desk chairs. 

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »
agree, they are pretty great business travel hotels. I enjoyed the one outside the Cleavland airport.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 02:39:14 PM »
Stayed at one in Colorado Springs earlier this month. Pretty decent.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »
Agreed with SD.

Most have room service as well.  Prolly the cheapest you can get in a main-line hotel for those amenities.  Maybe a Courtyard by Marriott.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »
The bar and bar food was surprisingly good. If you arrive in a smaller city at a late hour, that's nice. Breakfast was also above average for a hotel.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »
The bar and bar food was surprisingly good. If you arrive in a smaller city at a late hour, that's nice. Breakfast was also above average for a hotel.

yeah, their spread is always good.  and, at breakfast, if they don't have something sitting there that you want they will make it for you.  a lot of them I've been at have local micro brews on tap beside the usuals and some even have local wines.  for a business'y type place they are pretty much BITB. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »
Yep. The colorado springs one had a nice omelet bar and local beers on tap.

Also, we forgot to move our car after we checked in b/c we initially planned on going out. We went to the in-house bar instead and found our car safely parked right in front of the lobby entrance the next morning with nary a ticket.