Author Topic: jobs  (Read 279148 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #2150 on: May 04, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »
My boss just invited me to go to the gun range with him sometime over lunch.
No follow up?! wth

Haven't talked about it since. I'll put together a brief week four update.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: May 04, 2017, 01:34:34 PM »
Week Four:

When I walk through the office in the mornings, I'm always one of the first people here. Sometimes, I come in at like 7:30. Other times, it's more like 9:00. Doesn't matter. The place will be dead. My boss usually comes in between 10:00 and 10:30.

You might assume that this means a whole bunch of people are working past 5:00. But you would be wrong. Both my boss and the VP have explicitly said to me that they don't care when I work as long as the work gets done. So, it appears that this principle applies to the entire office. Yesterday, I left an hour earlier than normal to go mow my lawn.

There are two main groups of people in the office. The first is very religious, very Christian. Not scary radical zealot types, though. They're hyper positive, love everybody Tim Tebow types. Good things aren't just good things. They're blessings. They meet every Friday at lunchtime to talk about servant leadership. I plan to go tomorrow!

The second main group meets every Friday, too. After work. At a bar just down the road. The bar has happy hour double wells for $2.50. This group likes rum and coke keeps the bartender plenty busy. A few in this group will vape inside the bar. And then they'll go outside to smoke cigarettes along with all of the others who don't also vape. I went to their meeting last week.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: May 04, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »
is your company hiring?  i'm not too worried about their remote office/telecommuting policy.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: May 04, 2017, 01:46:18 PM »

There are two main groups of people in the office.

Kentucky pod: The first is very religious, very Christian. Not scary radical zealot types, though. They're hyper positive, love everybody Tim Tebow types. Good things aren't just good things. They're blessings. They meet every Friday at lunchtime to talk about servant leadership. I plan to go tomorrow!

Ohio pod: The second main group meets every Friday, too. After work. At a bar just down the road. The bar has happy hour double wells for $2.50. This group likes rum and coke keeps the bartender plenty busy. A few in this group will vape inside the bar. And then they'll go outside to smoke cigarettes along with all of the others who don't also vape. I went to their meeting last week.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: May 04, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »
Mocat nailed it

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: May 05, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »
It sure smells like farts from the road

I've had the contract to fix that twice, and it keeps getting cancelled by corporate.   :shakesfist:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: May 05, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »
It's kind of sad when I talk to long time employees there tbh. This is their career and how they take care of themselves. I was surprised to hear they had a union at orientation, less surprised when I started to talk to workers.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: May 05, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »
It's kind of sad when I talk to long time employees there tbh. This is their career and how they take care of themselves. I was surprised to hear they had a union at orientation, less surprised when I started to talk to workers.
Why is that sad?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: May 05, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »
It's sad To hear people disheartened.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: May 05, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »
I have partied with line workers a few times and they very fun, but the company dicks them over constantly. My friend was working 70-80 hours a week until he took a paycut to become a supervisor so he could see his kids on the weekend
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: May 05, 2017, 07:22:39 PM »
Yes. For the most part all of my coworkers are cool. And they aren't whiney about anything. It just comes up when they ask where I worked and they ask about how Target paid, etc.

One of the guys said He used to say with pride that he worked at Frito. Now he mumbles it.

The Big Train

« Reply #2161 on: May 05, 2017, 07:29:58 PM »
well regardless of how you feel about it I'm happy for SdK to have a job again  :thumbs:

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: May 05, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »
well regardless of how you feel about it I'm happy for SdK to have a job again  :thumbs:
Ditto!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: May 05, 2017, 08:28:30 PM »
I don't hate it. It's pud work and the pay reflects that. I didn't appreciate target as much as I should have. I thought with my experience I'd be able to bounce right into another fork lift job with close to the 20 an hour i was making. I was wrong.

I'm glad I have a job too. It's very important to me.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: May 05, 2017, 08:35:12 PM »
They meet every Friday at lunchtime to talk about servant leadership. I plan to go tomorrow!

This thing is led by the owner/CEO, who is a 50ish former D1 basketball player. Things I learned:

We are not competing against each other in this company. We are striving to be as awesome as we can be (aka fulfilling God given potential) as individuals and as a company. We are here to make a positive difference in people's lives.

When we are as awesome as we can be, then we have the biggest impact. When this happens, we'll be KILLING the competition. Just absolutely leaving them in the dust. (I didn't understand why we aren't at all competitive within the company yet are super competitive with other companies, but did not question this.)

There was also a whiteboard diagram that looked like a wagon wheel and had words like 'prayer' and 'forgiveness' written on it. I did not really pay attention during that part.

The CEO also mentioned that he missed using his old nap room since it was moved to another location in the office. A girl offered that she had used the new room to take a nap earlier this week. He replied, "DID YOU!? THAT'S AWESOME!!!"

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: May 05, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »
Amazing, i think wacky was right and you actually work in colorado springs

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: May 05, 2017, 08:49:37 PM »
fellowship of christian insurers?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: May 05, 2017, 10:24:49 PM »
I didn't understand why we aren't at all competitive within the company yet are super competitive with other companies, but did not question this.

you have probably joined god's chosen company.  he likes to choose things.  look and see if you can find a covenant in one of the filing cabinets.

i'm glad to hear about your coworker's nap.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: May 06, 2017, 08:04:31 AM »
fellowship of christian insurers?
actually, it could be one of those faith based insurance plan places

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: May 11, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »
One of my dentist were in town recently and he brought me this to say thanks. @IPA4me have you had this stuff? Omg! :lick:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2170 on: May 11, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
That looks great. I needed to stop at Liquor Barn anyhow.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: May 11, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »
The new job requires that I spend next spring studying at the University of Virginia School of Law.   :driving:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: May 11, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »
The new job requires that I spend next spring studying at the University of Virginia School of Law.   :driving:

That's great man  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #2173 on: May 11, 2017, 03:09:21 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: May 11, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »

Watch out for the secret societies.  You can't swing a dead cat there without hitting one.