Author Topic: jobs  (Read 280480 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #1250 on: May 18, 2016, 01:33:54 PM »
life on a dairy farm sounds awful and your parents were bad people for not paying you

fresh cream is delicious. also, rough ridin' lol at that the second part.
I got paid to work on the family farm starting at like age 8. (Praise be to Allah that it wasn't a dairy farm)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 18, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
are there dairy ranches?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 18, 2016, 02:23:58 PM »
are there dairy ranches?
Yes. Could have a dairy and a large ranch. I know somebody that had a dairy ranch.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 18, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »
life on a dairy farm sounds awful and your parents were bad people for not paying you

fresh cream is delicious. also, rough ridin' lol at that the second part.
I got paid to work on the family farm starting at like age 8. (Praise be to Allah that it wasn't a dairy farm)

You parents realized you controlled the means to production.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 18, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »
As a kid, when I was scraping pig crap out of a pen every morning, I would have killed to been living on a dairy farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 18, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
As a kid, when I was scraping pig crap out of a pen every morning, I would have killed to been living on a dairy farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had plenty of crap to shovel, but at least the crap I shoveled was that smelly ass hog crap. Good heavens hog crap is the absolute worst.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 18, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
The last 2 posts are basically child abuse, imo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 18, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
My parents made me mow the lawn all the time, guys. Ugh.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 18, 2016, 02:33:02 PM »
We fought over who got to mow the lawn. It was like the most super pud job in the world. We even when to a push lawnmower without self propelled drive and it was still super pud to spend 4 hours mowing our big ass lawn.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 18, 2016, 02:34:52 PM »
I'm okay with child abuse if it means steaks for $7.99/pound.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: May 18, 2016, 02:45:34 PM »
are there soybeans ranchers?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 18, 2016, 02:58:14 PM »
We fought over who got to mow the lawn. It was like the most super pud job in the world. We even when to a push lawnmower without self propelled drive and it was still super pud to spend 4 hours mowing our big ass lawn.

I had to mow the yard for a few months and then my dad said I "tore up the yard" and started doing it himself but then I had to do just the trimming
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 18, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
are there soybeans ranchers?
Just ask yourself if it is possible. If it is possible, then there probably is.
I think in most parts of the midwest, that would just be a farmer.
In cattle country, they usually identify as ranchers and leave off the soybean or corn part. They probably have some of both.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 18, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »
i got to be very good at flooding the mower

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 18, 2016, 03:02:40 PM »

I had to mow the yard for a few months and then my dad said I "tore up the yard" and started doing it himself but then I had to do just the trimming
I had a brother who was "allergic to cows" so he didn't have to milk. What a joke. He is probably my smartest brother.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 18, 2016, 03:04:30 PM »
i got to be very good at flooding the mower

I flooded the weedeater once.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 18, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »
well you can color this yankee confused then, how about you hayseeds get your terms figured out?
ranch? farm? cow? bull? crop? steer? cattle? angus?

smdh and we're an ag school? gmafb

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 18, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »
well you can color this yankee confused then, how about you hayseeds get your terms figured out?

Chicken Ranchers? Maybe!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 18, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »

I have an interesting anecdote on this topic.  Well I was talking to these 4H kids and they were trying to play a joke on me and they said say "silk" 5 times and then spell "silk".  So I did, and then they said, "what do cows drink?" and I said "milk". So you understand the trick, right?  And they were all like "no cows drink water LOL."  And I said actually baby cows drink milk so I'm right.  And they said those aren't cows they are calves.  And I said well calves are just baby cows.  And they said no they aren't.  And I said yes they are like babies are baby humans but we don't call them humans we call them babies.  I did not convince them.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 18, 2016, 03:24:10 PM »

I have an interesting anecdote on this topic.  Well I was talking to these 4H kids and they were trying to play a joke on me and they said say "silk" 5 times and then spell "silk".  So I did, and then they said, "what do cows drink?" and I said "milk". So you understand the trick, right?  And they were all like "no cows drink water LOL."  And I said actually baby cows drink milk so I'm right.  And they said those aren't cows they are calves.  And I said well calves are just baby cows.  And they said no they aren't.  And I said yes they are like babies are baby humans but we don't call them humans we call them babies.  I did not convince them.

Calves are baby bovines.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 18, 2016, 03:25:56 PM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 18, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »

City folk just don't understand.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 18, 2016, 08:57:36 PM »
I always call them baby humans just to be clear I'm not referring to any other species.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 02, 2016, 10:48:28 AM »
Question?

Let's say you hire someone. Your CEO was iffy on the hire at first (She has to confirm it, before it's allowed to go through), but she gives you the benefit of the doubt, because of short term success. This person moves from Texas to south indiana for the job. Wants to be closer to home. Also, needs a license, but for some reason, the license hasn't been cleared for 4-5 months and is still pending, our office has been closed until we can place this person, both of his/her phones are off 24/7 and they only respond to their email like once a week with a vague response. CEO is starting to become a bit concerned and reminds me how she wasn't a fan of this person to begin with, but gave me the benefit of the doubt.

So my question is. This ends well, right? :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 02, 2016, 10:49:16 AM »
I can't even track this person through the interwebs either.  :frown: Like, how does one find a black hole in todays society? :confused: