Author Topic: jobs  (Read 279780 times)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2015, 10:49:54 AM »
I've received 3 job offers this week.  It's going to be tough to decide which one to take.

That's awesome, you should take the one that will give you the most fullfillment/opportunity, and if that happens to be the one that pays the most then Heeeyyy!
@lopakman

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
I've received 3 job offers this week.  It's going to be tough to decide which one to take.

That's awesome, you should take the one that will give you the most fullfillment/opportunity, and if that happens to be the one that pays the most then Heeeyyy!

Flexability, fullfillment, and ability to have a life outside of work.  Mesh that with the right income. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »
I got a call for another position today. However, none of these jobs are wanting to match my salary requirements. I reached out to a headhunter today to see what it is I'm missing. Michigancat already helped a ton with my resume. I did the interview to the computer last night and thought it went well. I agree it was pretty awkward at the same time.

The Big Train

« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »
are you applying for the right kind of job, or just something you think will be similar to what you do now?

The Big Train

« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2015, 11:12:43 AM »
my point being are you applying to jobs that just churn through people, or jobs that you see yourself at long term

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »
are you applying for the right kind of job, or just something you think will be similar to what you do now?
I'm trying to apply for the right type of job, but I'm also running out of time here. They've cut half the staff since I've been here (only 6 months here). This place is by far the worst place I've ever worked for. I really need to get out of the for profit college game. My moral compass can't take it any longer. Unfortunately, my background reads recruiter/sales and it's hard to dive into a new career outside of that, without the experience. I've definitely been a part of a lot of jobs that just churn through ppl.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »

They're all pretty much doing the same thing, so the fulfillment is probably equal.

One job is with my current company, a Fortune 10 company, very stable, great benefits. Close to my home.

Second job is with a new company but selling a product that I'm very familiar with.  Would work from home when not out visiting clients.

Third job has the most earning potential but is a very small company (10 employees).  Would need to drive into the office every day which is about 25 miles away from the new house.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 29, 2015, 12:01:55 PM »
You can't work from home without a 4 car garage and 2 basements
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »
I'm trying to apply for the right type of job, but I'm also running out of time here. They've cut half the staff since I've been here (only 6 months here). This place is by far the worst place I've ever worked for. I really need to get out of the for profit college game. My moral compass can't take it any longer. Unfortunately, my background reads recruiter/sales and it's hard to dive into a new career outside of that, without the experience. I've definitely been a part of a lot of jobs that just churn through ppl.

if you're trying to go a different career direction, without experience, you're not going to be able to ask to make what you're making now, i'm guessing

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2015, 12:31:35 PM »
Yeah, I agree. When I received my Masters, I thought that would help when negotiating salaries, but apparently nobody gaf about them. Oh well, good thing it was free.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2015, 12:44:38 PM »
Yeah, I agree. When I received my Masters, I thought that would help when negotiating salaries, but apparently nobody gaf about them when they come from an online school. Oh well, good thing it was free.

FTFY

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »

The down side to working from home is that my wife already works from home.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2015, 12:46:56 PM »
Have you ever tried leaving it off your resume

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2015, 12:47:33 PM »

The down side to working from home is that my wife already works from home.

That's what the second basement is for

The Big Train

« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2015, 12:58:46 PM »
wacky, put out like 50 jobs apps to real places as quick as you can

University of Phoenix is the latest college under investigation
http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/29/pf/college/university-of-phoenix-investigation/index.html

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 29, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »
what type of job/career are you wanting to get wacky?  why are you not already snapping necks at Morgan Hunter or Robert Half?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 29, 2015, 01:02:30 PM »
Wacks, did you like that software sales job?  If so, try some of their competitors.  I mean, I just heard that something along those lines is hiring ppl to work from home except when out visiting clients.   :dunno:

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 29, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »

They're all pretty much doing the same thing, so the fulfillment is probably equal.

One job is with my current company, a Fortune 10 company, very stable, great benefits. Close to my home.

Second job is with a new company but selling a product that I'm very familiar with.  Would work from home when not out visiting clients.

Third job has the most earning potential but is a very small company (10 employees).  Would need to drive into the office every day which is about 25 miles away from the new house.
I have had several opportunities to move from my current job to other places.  One came with a substantial raise and the same commute (less than twenty minutes). But one of my staff members said to me in discovering my other opportunities that "sometimes people are already where they belong." When I gave that some thought I realized that I would gain nothing from the move except setting up shop in a new environment. I decided right then to stay where I am. It was a great decision for me.  Good luck in your decision.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2015, 01:11:54 PM »
Wacks, did you like that software sales job?  If so, try some of their competitors.  I mean, I just heard that something along those lines is hiring ppl to work from home except when out visiting clients.   :dunno:

LOL

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 29, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
Yeah, I agree. When I received my Masters, I thought that would help when negotiating salaries, but apparently nobody gaf about them when they come from an online school. Oh well, good thing it was free.

FTFY
It was on ground from an accredited school, but yeah.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 29, 2015, 01:18:33 PM »

LOL
Yeah, I enjoyed it. Perceptive went on a hiring freeze tho, once they got bought over.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »
wacky, put out like 50 jobs apps to real places as quick as you can

University of Phoenix is the latest college under investigation
http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/29/pf/college/university-of-phoenix-investigation/index.html
Meh. That's every for profit right now. As long as you received that degree while it was accredited, that's all that matters. 

The Big Train

« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
i wasnt talking about your degree, i was talking about your industry right now

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 29, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
what type of job/career are you wanting to get wacky?  why are you not already snapping necks at Morgan Hunter or Robert Half?
I'm interested in HR and recruiting future employees. Also, there's companies like DST and Garman that are looking for college  recruiters to go to campuses and speak about the opportunities that the company has for entry level positions. I think I would be great at that. I wouldn't mind getting back into inside sales either. I just had a really bad experience at DSI and I think that rocked me a little bit. Honestly, I was going through a lot during that time. Anxiety attacks, losing hair, etc. Over the last two years, the doctors found out I had an underactive thyroid, high blood pressure, and a severe case of depression from a chemical imbalance. The doctors finally figured out what was triggering it and  the meds have been working. I feel like myself again. I could probably take on a position like that again at this time, now that I'm feeling better.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 29, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
i wasnt talking about your degree, i was talking about your industry right now
Oh, yeah. It's rough ridin' dead. The worst part about it, is places like where I work right now, are still setting their numbers way too high. They think they'll hit their enrollments from 10 years ago and they're dropping anyone who can't come close to hitting them. It's a graveyard here.