Author Topic: Son of Stanbot  (Read 10982 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Son of Stanbot
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:28:19 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Son of Stanbot
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
yeah, cassidy tweeted about it at media days

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »
stan & BITB have been talking about it all summer on BITB's show

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »
Confession: I love Stanbot
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:59:28 AM »
I guess when the coach doesn't allow media to view and observe practices... you end up with stories like this. :facepalm:

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:00:24 AM »

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »
I guess when the coach doesn't allow media to view and observe practices... you end up with stories like this. :facepalm:

Sure thing, Fitz. 

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »
Confession: I love Stanbot

He's a homer but he's our homer :love:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »

Sure thing, Fitz. 

Ouch, that's a low blow.  So you're saying you like reading crap like this?  Maybe you enjoy all the puff pieces written about ksu this time of year... "(insert player name or position group here) really is motivated to be better this year." :goodbyecruelworld:  It is what it is, and I'm not pissed about it, just bored with the same old dribble.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »

Sure thing, Fitz. 

Ouch, that's a low blow.  So you're saying you like reading crap like this?  Maybe you enjoy all the puff pieces written about ksu this time of year... "(insert player name or position group here) really is motivated to be better this year." :goodbyecruelworld:  It is what it is, and I'm not pissed about it, just bored with the same old dribble.

No, I'm saying Fitz and D.Scott blame Snyder and media policies for not working and ending up with stories like that.  I like reading 4-5 months ago about how Tuggle sucks and won't play.  I mean, I'm not glad he sucks, but it's nice to get that info here without relying on "pressers".

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 10:15:16 AM »
I'm jealous! Little effer gets to skip student radio and go straight to the big leagues!  :dubious:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 10:20:38 AM »

Sure thing, Fitz. 

No, I'm saying Fitz and D.Scott blame Snyder and media policies for not working and ending up with stories like that.  I like reading 4-5 months ago about how Tuggle sucks and won't play.  I mean, I'm not glad he sucks, but it's nice to get that info here without relying on "pressers".
I don't think it's a matter of not working (although I agree they are lazy). I think it's a matter of them FITZing up with the "It's Patterson!" debacle, and are no longer allowed access to the football program.

A fair trade off, don't you think? :facepalm:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 10:28:05 AM »

Sure thing, Fitz. 

I don't think it's a matter of not working (although I agree they are lazy). I think it's a matter of them FITZing up with the "It's Patterson!" debacle, and are no longer allowed access to the football program.

Is the rest of the media being given better access?  Would be funny, but I don't think it's the case.  I think gpc (Cassidy excepted) simply uses that as an excuse to not do crap, while the others try to work around it.  And BSAC does whatever he does.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 10:28:49 AM »

Sure thing, Fitz. 

Is the rest of the media being given better access?  Would be funny, but I don't think it's the case.  I think gpc (Cassidy excepted) simply uses that as an excuse to not do crap, while the others try to work around it.  And BSAC does whatever he does.
I think Kellis has better access than GPC.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 10:30:21 AM »

:dunno:  But again, absolutely hilarious if true.

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 11:58:26 AM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Shouldn't he?  He's the only one who is an actual journalist. Makes me  :barf: to say that.

The star and eagle are actual newspapers who are run by (or I assume to be) competent individuals unlike gopo who are run by idiots capitalizing on k-state dumbasses.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »

Sure thing, Fitz. 

Maybe to the FB program....hoops on the other hand...

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »

[/quote]

Shouldn't he?  He's the only one who is an actual journalist. Makes me  :barf: to say that.

The star and eagle are actual newspapers who are run by (or I assume to be) competent individuals unlike gopo who are run by idiots capitalizing on k-state dumbasses.
[/quote]

I really miss J Mart.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »

its like its written in your DNA to one-up people. Must be proud.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 06:37:43 PM »

:users:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 09:46:17 AM »
I thoroughly enjoy listening to Stanbot's analysis, both in football and basketball.  I've met him several times, and he's one of the smartest people you'll ever meet, and probably one of the nicest.  I still won't buy one of those grills, though.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 09:49:35 AM »