Author Topic: Expanding Bramlage  (Read 13516 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: Expanding Bramlage
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 11:23:22 PM »
What about relocating the press to the north end under the bucket.  Create a two tiered press area behind the goal and utilize the current video board to the north end and extend courtside seating from baseline to baseline.  Immediately raise donations and high price seating without any considerable charge (more office chairs). :kstatriot:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
Let's just put a ferris wheel outside on the roof and cut a hole in the ceiling alongside it.  PREMIUM seating for only the most high-paying donors. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 08:34:59 AM »
$$ to retain our coaching staff?  Anyone?

I'm sure expanding Bramlage seating capacity is the last thing on their minds.

They would rather have children who drive around in Bentleys than have 12,000 fans in a seat. I mean, you guys are wearing purple and all... thats rough on the eyes!!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2010, 08:43:34 AM »
I think we need to reduce the number of seats by about 2,000.  put in more loge/suites/boxes around the top.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
I think we need to reduce the number of seats by about 2,000.  put in more loge/suites/boxes around the top.

I think we've maxed out the number of people in our fanbase that think seat at the top are the best.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2010, 09:42:59 AM »
$$ to retain our coaching staff?  Anyone?

They would rather have children who drive around in Bentleys than have 12,000 fans in a seat. I mean, you guys are wearing purple and all... thats rough on the eyes!!

How do you fit 12,000 fans in one seat?   :confused:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:46:49 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »
$$ to retain our coaching staff?  Anyone?

How do you fit 12,000 fans in one seat?  ???

lol... ummm... very carefully

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
I've been thinking about this. Recently watched a game in an arena that I thought could serve as a model (but can't remember which one it was). It had an upper deck that extended a few rows over the lower deck, kind of like the addition to the west side of the football stadium.
Figure you'd have to replace the roof and rework concourses.

Ain't going to happen soon.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:26 AM »
I've been thinking about this. Recently watched a game in an arena that I thought could serve as a model (but can't remember which one it was). It had an upper deck that extended a few rows over the lower deck, kind of like the addition to the west side of the football stadium.

Might as well build a new arena if you have to take the entire roof structure off, rework concourses, and build enough bathrooms and concessions to adequately serve the increased seating capacity.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »
The Octagon of Doom doesn't need any more seats.  Would just make it less Doomifying because they wouldn't habitually be full.  Plus, the most hostile arenas are the small ones.  Remember Gallagher-Iba when it was, like, 6,000?  Ridiculously terrifying.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2010, 03:22:40 PM »
It will be embarrassing when we expand and frank leaves and we suck again.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »

Might as well build a new arena if you have to take the entire roof structure off, rework concourses, and build enough bathrooms and concessions to adequately serve the increased seating capacity.

worked for Kemper Arena, sort of...

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »
Can't wait to go see those reworked concourses at this year's Big XII tournament at Kemper.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »

worked for Kemper Arena, sort of...

Kemper (Hilton South) is a piece of crap.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2010, 07:06:14 AM »
LOL at ISU'ers always getting all gigged up to go KC . . . unless it's for a home football game that is.   :flush: