Author Topic: Bowl Projections  (Read 337477 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Bowl Projections
« Reply #1700 on: November 14, 2022, 02:21:12 PM »
I think I'd rather play Alabama than LSU. We already destroyed LSU last year, and I'm thinking that maybe Alabama would give us a better game.

Agree. I've been calling for us to play Bama for a while now.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 14, 2022, 02:41:15 PM »
The thing about the Sugar is that it's setting up for us to go there if we make the Big 12 Championship game, win or lose. If UT loses again, TCU wins their last two regular season games, and we win our last two regular season games, we're going to the Sugar Bowl.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 14, 2022, 02:51:08 PM »
The thing about the Sugar is that it's setting up for us to go there if we make the Big 12 Championship game, win or lose. If UT loses again, TCU wins their last two regular season games, and we win our last two regular season games, we're going to the Sugar Bowl.

'pak??  :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob: :lynchmob:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 14, 2022, 02:53:12 PM »

Texas doesn't have to lose. if kstate and tcu win out regular season, it's sugar for the cats.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 14, 2022, 03:03:20 PM »

Texas doesn't have to lose. if kstate and tcu win out regular season, it's sugar for the cats.

would be pretty fun

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 14, 2022, 03:04:16 PM »

The sugar bowl can choose who they want from the big 12 eligible teams if TCU makes the CFP.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 14, 2022, 03:05:17 PM »

They're not obligated to take the Big 12 runner up

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: November 14, 2022, 03:06:45 PM »
i think they are

https://allstatesugarbowl.org/news/2021/10/20/football-2022-allstate-sugar-bowl-to-feature-big-12-and-sec.aspx

In the case of the Big 12, the replacement team would be the next non-playoff team with the best record in the regular-season standings.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: November 14, 2022, 03:07:56 PM »
i think they are

https://allstatesugarbowl.org/news/2021/10/20/football-2022-allstate-sugar-bowl-to-feature-big-12-and-sec.aspx

In the case of the Big 12, the replacement team would be the next non-playoff team with the best record in the regular-season standings.

Cool, there you go. Good to know.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: November 14, 2022, 03:08:28 PM »

They're not obligated to take the Big 12 runner up

How much sway does the commissioner have on the sugar bowl selection? Would think Yormark would lean hard on getting a nubig12 team repped over UT.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: November 14, 2022, 03:08:58 PM »

and actually i'll throw in the disclaimer that it's theoretically possible TCU wins out including dr pepper and still gets excluded from the CFP. so in that case kstate would get bumped down from sugar.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 14, 2022, 03:10:17 PM »
No way TCU gets left out going 13-0.  Who would be the four that make it in front of them?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 14, 2022, 03:11:44 PM »

and actually i'll throw in the disclaimer that it's theoretically possible TCU wins out including dr pepper and still gets excluded from the CFP. so in that case kstate would get bumped down from sugar.

Seems unlikely at this point, but yeah. We gotta hope Georgia beats Tennessee again.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 14, 2022, 03:12:30 PM »
No way TCU gets left out going 13-0.  Who would be the four that make it in front of them?

If Tennessee beats Georgia, I could see the committee going Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Michigan.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 14, 2022, 03:13:40 PM »

something like this:

1. Ohio State 13-0 (big 10 champ)
2. LSU 11-2 (SEC champ)
3. Georgia 12-1
4. USC 12-1 (Pac10 champ)

unlikely, yes, but USC's two remaining regular season games are both vs ranked teams. and, #brands.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 14, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »

If Tennessee beats Georgia, I could see the committee going Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Michigan.

you have your divisions mixed up. tennesee won't play georgia again.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 14, 2022, 03:17:20 PM »

something like this:

2. LSU 11-2 (SEC champ)
3. Georgia 12-1

unlikely, yes, but USC's two remaining regular season games are both vs ranked teams. and, #brands.

There is no way on earth that a 2 loss team is getting in over undefeated TCU.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: November 14, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »

If Michigan wins out and tOSU gets an at large bid? 

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 14, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »
If they let in a two loss LSU team in over undefeated TCU, Gene better club his committee members to death with a blunt object.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 14, 2022, 03:19:58 PM »

you have more confidence than me.
LSU would have won 7 straight and just beaten the undefeated #1 team in the nation in the SEC championship. i think it's totally feasible they get moved ahead of TCU. this in no way means i think they *should*.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 14, 2022, 03:20:03 PM »

something like this:

2. LSU 11-2 (SEC champ)
3. Georgia 12-1

You misunderestimate the stupidity of this whole thing.

I heard a national radio person last night say that Tennessee with 2 losses would get in over undefeated TCU because of the brand name, but if TCU were OU or Texas then that would be different.

The playoff as it is now is garbage because it’ll always be about ‘brands.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 14, 2022, 03:39:01 PM »
No way undefeated TCU loses out to a 2 loss team.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 14, 2022, 03:43:05 PM »
I will never underestimate the ability of the cfp to eff over anyone outside of "the club"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 14, 2022, 03:43:39 PM »
The playoffs absolutely are about brand, but they also have to preserve some level of credibility.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 14, 2022, 03:44:27 PM »
The playoffs absolutely are about brand, but they also have to preserve some level of credibility.

Just like the Supreme Court
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite