Author Topic: In only one game...  (Read 9172 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: In only one game...
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »
stafford is like their only post player and is big and athletic enough to bother kelly and samuels big time.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
Bad news:  No chest ripping metal hunk tore through his sternum when they flipped on the MRI machine
Good news:  Torn ACL.  Not what I was hoping for but I'll take it

Too bad for him.

But I remember last time MU had a bunch of key players out against the Cats.   :curse:

1993 Big 8 championship game??

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »
17pt win for the Cats

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »
We need to avoid the foul trouble that hurt us at MU and playing CMerr in critical minutes it led to.
We've been fouling less -- and drawing fewer fouls -- in recent games. Don't know if that means we're defending differently or refs have adjusted.

Very true.  That was an ugly game with a ton of foul calls.  I think we have gotten better about not getting as many silly foul calls, but it will be interesting to see how the game is called.  In 6 of our first 7 Big 12 games we had at least 25 fouls called on us and our first 3 games all had 30+, but we haven't had more than 24 called on us in any game since then.

And the Stafford injury situation could be big for MU.  Without him our frontcourt advantage becomes gigantic.  Of course, a great way to deny entry passes is pressuring guards, and MU does that as well as anyone.

QFT, plus being the first Big 12 and true road game was a big factor especially for first year guys.   I think we have improved a lot over the course of the season.  I think Mizzou is essentually the same team they were at that time.  KSU should win this game, and do so handily.  Mizzou is a Kenpom anomaly and has been as such for years. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.