Author Topic: Mike Gundy and other Comedians  (Read 18218 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Gundy
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2020, 02:09:21 PM »
I have a long-deceased family member who didn't like Chi Chi Rodriquez because my family member was once stabbed by a person of Puerto Rican decent, while they were serving in WW2.  So, he extended that to all Puerto Ricans.  Racist?  Yes.  Ridiculous? Yes. Could we stop it?  Definitely no.  Just had to live with it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2020, 02:15:08 PM »
I have a long-deceased family member who didn't like Chi Chi Rodriquez because my family member was once stabbed by a person of Puerto Rican decent, while they were serving in WW2.  So, he extended that to all Puerto Ricans.  Racist?  Yes.  Ridiculous? Yes. Could we stop it?  Definitely no.  Just had to live with it.

Very ridiculous.  Unfortunate he didn't live though the good EMAW hoops years to have his worldview changed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2020, 02:16:51 PM »
I had a colleague/friend who flew Chi Chi's jet when he was still on the tour.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »

Yeah... if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce that dude's name, I'd appreciate it.

kthnxbye
Pronounced
AY-men awg-BONG-beh-MEE-guh

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I love Woke Tom!

Also, PurpleOil....no one wants you here.

lol There is no way any native English speaking person can look at that name and know how to pronounce it correctly. GTFO of here with your faux outrage.

You didn't actually know to care, if you did you would have looked it up like Tom did. You are a grown ass man making fun of someone's name, there's no outage, only shame.

Oh STFU already with this offended bullshit. I legitimately did not know how to pronounce the name and asked a simple question because I was feeling a little too lazy to look it up. He's a football player, and this is a football board. A google search also shows that the Tulsa World had enough readers who also couldn't make heads or tails of some of the OSU players names, including Amen, and did an article on how to pronouce about twenty of them with unique or non-English names. I guess all of them are lazy racists too?

As for the second part of your statement, so what if I made a joke about his name while asking my question? Every culture on this planet makes jokes at the expense of other cultures. Ever. Single. One. It doesn't make anyone better or worse for it, especially since most are like mine, and aren't even derogatory. It's just one of the ways humans observe our differences and it's not wrong. 

You're just feigning offense at this point to continue justifying your imagined moral superiority.

You're taking an extremely liberal view of being offended, I'm not offended I'm mocking how rough ridin' simple you are. It's even more mockable that you, as a grown man, thinks making fun of an ethnic name is a joke. You seem to be a backwards, small minded, dull, hillbilly, this doesn't offend me in the slightest, I'm fascinated at how you keep telling on yourself. You are offended by me mocking your stupid ass, see how that works?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2020, 03:42:47 PM »
All humans on this planet have been laughing at each other for just being different since the dawn of time. If you're going to take the ludicrous position that it is somehow demeaning for people to either make such jokes or laugh at them, then you need to go ahead and let us know which comedians, comedy shows, or sit-coms that you watch or listen to, that have never used stereotypes, cultural differences, or simply made jokes at the expense of others, to get a few laughs.

Go ahead. I'll wait.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:03:17 PM by PurpleOil »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »
Again, you seem to not be getting this, it isn't demeaning for you to make fun of someone's name, it's stupid. Most of us stopped thinking that was joke material by middle school. You're not a comedian, you're not funny. I'm going to slap 8 man in the mouth for even bringing up Dave Chappelle in the course of this conversation, further confusing your dumb ass.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »
Again, you seem to not be getting this, it isn't demeaning for you to make fun of someone's name, it's stupid. Most of us stopped thinking that was joke material by middle school. You're not a comedian, you're not funny. I'm going to slap 8 man in the mouth for even bringing up Dave Chappelle in the course of this conversation, further confusing your dumb ass.

Hmmm  https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=28301.0

(purp was obviously being a butthole tho)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2020, 06:06:02 PM »
That thread does not represent the views of most of goEMAW.com

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
Who TF is Chi Chi Rodriguez
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2020, 06:53:41 PM »

everyone knows white people are always fair game and don't count

also it isn't like most of those people were dunking on ANOTHER culture

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2020, 07:03:05 PM »
Lol sorry mir, I wasn’t trying to confuse SimpleOil, I just wanted to point out how absurd rusty’s point was when taken to the edge cases.
:adios:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2020, 07:12:24 PM »

:rolleyes:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2020, 08:47:06 PM »

SMH, millenials. Ol' dude was a golfer on the senior tour as long as us Gen Xers have been watching tv, not dax or Tom tho . Back in the day the senior tour was hotter than the regular tour because they had all the famous golfers, like Arnie & Jack. There were no famous golfers on the regular tour. Chi Chi might have been the most famous of all because he did this.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/G8ejjx17-aI[/youtube]
Also this happened to ol chi chi a couple of years ago
[youtube]https://youtu.be/34FYJEeM9Go[/youtube]

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2020, 08:52:51 PM »
I watched the nutshot one  :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2020, 09:33:23 PM »
I have Chi Chi’s autograph on a Royals hat somewhere in storage. They had a Senior Tour Tournament in KC back in the day. He was a blast to watch.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »

Chi Chi and Lee Trevino were highlights for me as a youngster watching the Sr. tour.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2020, 10:42:35 PM »

SMH, millenials. Ol' dude was a golfer on the senior tour as long as us Gen Xers have been watching tv, not dax or Tom tho . Back in the day the senior tour was hotter than the regular tour because they had all the famous golfers, like Arnie & Jack. There were no famous golfers on the regular tour. Chi Chi might have been the most famous of all because he did this.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/G8ejjx17-aI[/youtube]
Also this happened to ol chi chi a couple of years ago
[youtube]https://youtu.be/34FYJEeM9Go[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/7WmTsLO-hUI

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2020, 10:44:09 PM »
WKRP! Noice!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2020, 12:38:49 AM »
Yeah, the senior tour was a bunch of showmen. Meanwhile, Fred Couples was winning the masters.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2020, 10:36:46 AM »
Any relation to famed goEMAW'r and gems creator Chico Rodriguez? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2020, 12:00:09 PM »
Any relation to famed goEMAW'r and gems creator Chico Rodriguez?

Prob.

Same name? Check.
Both awesome? Check.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2020, 10:11:13 PM »

Maybe MIR should review this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXn8WKpYaA
 :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2020, 10:35:57 PM »

Not really the same tho. More importantly, I didn't think that was funny and I never thought Carlin was funny.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2020, 11:42:00 PM »

Not really the same tho. More importantly, I didn't think that was funny and I never thought Carlin was funny.

I definitely thought he was funny at one time, or at the very least edgy, but I probably haven't watched any of his standup in 20+ years. But that bit was incredibly lame.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2020, 12:39:36 AM »
I love Carlin, and was lucky enough to see him live twice, but that clip is not one of his best. Ugh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite