Author Topic: Who Will Be Our New SEC Rival?  (Read 11853 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who Will Be Our New SEC Rival?
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »
I'm not on here much but when I am I can't stop laughing. People at work look at me wierd because the office will be silent and all of sudden I'll bust out laughing. It's incredible. KSU to the SEC? haha I wish.

Laughing because it's going to be so awesome, you mean.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
I don't think I could hate Florida like you're supposed to hate your rival. I think it'd be a strange rivalry because we'd get along great with their fans, be used to the spotlight like they are, and compete in every sport like they do. Don't get me wrong, we'd care a lot about if we beat them or not just because we'd want to hold the bragging rights over all of our close Gator friends. But it'd be more like a brotherly competition.

LSU, however, is a team that I could whole-heartedly hate and wish to kick their ass 59-7 all day, every day, and then line up in front of Ernie Barret's statue and kick their ass even more. LSU. God, just those letters make me want to throw up. Yellow and purple tigers? I've never seen anything as nonsensical and ridiculous as that.

I have heard they are bigger racist rednecks than ku fans.  True?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »
Guys, we don't really need to worry about fabricating rivalries in our new conference. We will be competing for the north title immediately when we get there, and as soon as we start to win the north, the rivalries will come naturally.

Offline lifeasakstatefan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
I'm not on here much but when I am I can't stop laughing. People at work look at me wierd because the office will be silent and all of sudden I'll bust out laughing. It's incredible. KSU to the SEC? haha I wish.

haha sure ;)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
I don't think I could hate Florida like you're supposed to hate your rival. I think it'd be a strange rivalry because we'd get along great with their fans, be used to the spotlight like they are, and compete in every sport like they do. Don't get me wrong, we'd care a lot about if we beat them or not just because we'd want to hold the bragging rights over all of our close Gator friends. But it'd be more like a brotherly competition.

LSU, however, is a team that I could whole-heartedly hate and wish to kick their ass 59-7 all day, every day, and then line up in front of Ernie Barret's statue and kick their ass even more. LSU. God, just those letters make me want to throw up. Yellow and purple tigers? I've never seen anything as nonsensical and ridiculous as that.

Confirmed.  Also, they act and feel very entitled.  also, their quantity of dirt poor fans is quite high.  

Really, it's going to be a very comfy fit given what we are used to.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:30:46 PM by CNS Casey »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »

It would be tough to make that claim about a collective group of people. I would say they are as big of racist rednecks as KU fans, so at least we'll know what we're dealing with.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »

haha sure ;)

Looks like you got 13-1'd, loser.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
Guys, we don't really need to worry about fabricating rivalries in our new conference. We will be competing for the north title immediately when we get there, and as soon as we start to win the north, the rivalries will come naturally.

I'm pretty sure I could generate some hatred for Alabama after facing them in a couple of Coca Cola championship games

Offline lifeasakstatefan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »

haha sure ;)

Looks like you got 13-1'd, loser.

I'm not on here enough to know what that means but I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing. oh well

Offline rbuch

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1883932&forum_id=5

Reading this after all the academic self-fellating TAMU has been doing was a real treat.

(Sorry if a repost, please be gentle with me)
twitter.com/rbuch

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 05:11:44 PM »
Alabama will be our rival

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »

Reading this after all the academic self-fellating TAMU has been doing was a real treat.

:lol: that they think we're joking.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 05:19:24 PM »
Alabama will be our rival

Well, guess we get to go 2-0 in basketball against our rival.   :bball:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »

Offline GBR

• Corn Hole'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 05:51:34 PM »
Bama- aside from their redneck hayseed fans' meltdowns on You Tube I really don't see much to do about these hayseeds.  And they can't even pronounce the name of their team, "Buma" - wtf is that crap?  I never liked Gene Stallings much either, goofy looking Aggie.  They do have some national prestige but not much outside of Alabuma.  I'll put them as Honorable Mention Potential Rival.

Also, do we have anything that we care about dearly that some crazy 'bama fan might try to poison after we destroy them year after year?  What if they got our meat goats?
omg i forgot about that.  what kind of redneck hayseed knows how to poison a tree :lol:

Pretty good list.  I would ad that I've heard of both Ole Miss and Miss State though.  Miss State also has bulldogs and Peyton Manning played at Ole Miss. 
forgot about manning at ole miss.  true story, when he got drafted by the colts i knew he wasn't going to be any good but then he got good so i was eating crow.  sorry "peyton"  lol at his name :lol:

Tennessee.

what about them? 
Don't know if you two are just effing around, but Peyton played at Tennessee. His sack of crap brother played at Ole Miss.

Eli played at Troy, Peyton was Ole Miss bro

Gotcha.

Even joking around, which I truly hope you guys are doing, this little discussion is full of so much fail.  It's not even funny

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 05:56:49 PM »
Bama- aside from their redneck hayseed fans' meltdowns on You Tube I really don't see much to do about these hayseeds.  And they can't even pronounce the name of their team, "Buma" - wtf is that crap?  I never liked Gene Stallings much either, goofy looking Aggie.  They do have some national prestige but not much outside of Alabuma.  I'll put them as Honorable Mention Potential Rival.

Also, do we have anything that we care about dearly that some crazy 'bama fan might try to poison after we destroy them year after year?  What if they got our meat goats?
omg i forgot about that.  what kind of redneck hayseed knows how to poison a tree :lol:

Pretty good list.  I would ad that I've heard of both Ole Miss and Miss State though.  Miss State also has bulldogs and Peyton Manning played at Ole Miss. 
forgot about manning at ole miss.  true story, when he got drafted by the colts i knew he wasn't going to be any good but then he got good so i was eating crow.  sorry "peyton"  lol at his name :lol:

Tennessee.

what about them? 
Don't know if you two are just effing around, but Peyton played at Tennessee. His sack of crap brother played at Ole Miss.

Gotcha.

Even joking around, which I truly hope you guys are doing, this little discussion is full of so much fail.  It's not even funny

What in the eff would make you think we're rough ridin' joking bad person?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 06:13:55 PM »

Tennessee.

what about them? 

Gotcha.

What in the eff would make you think we're rough ridin' joking bad person?

Jealousy, Kim.  And it's ugly.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »
I would think Nebraska fans would understand fleeing a conference?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011, 06:35:04 PM »
The Nubs are sad they didn't hold out for the SEC and now they understand the genius of Kstate! New members of the greatest football conference in the world! What a great day!  :comeatme:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 06:57:42 PM »

Post more, friend.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »
Can we not have a serious discussion about who will be our major SEC rival without AOT (Afraid of Texas) fans chiming in?

I really think clams put together a nice list of reasons, and I really want the discussion about clams list to stay solid in this thread.

clams . . . maybe some of your best work.

This should give pause for serious contemplation by all of us.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2011, 11:33:59 PM »
Game Cocks.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »

You really couldn't tell that this thread was started as a joke?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2011, 12:14:32 AM »

You really couldn't tell that this thread was started as a joke?

what's the joke because i don't get it? clams was overboard w/ the alabama stuff but the rest was spot on as far as i'm concerned.