Author Topic: Does anyone actually watch the NBA?  (Read 13583 times)

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone actually watch the NBA?
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
I've been to a Blazer game, pissed they had an organ playing, damn thing kept me awake.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
It was another great night to watch the NBA if you're rooting against the Lakers.  Maybe next time!  Let's go Utah!

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 01:20:51 PM »
eff LEBRON. eff THE CAVS. its all about the black mamba
EMAW

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
Worst playoffs ever.   :zzz:  Lakers v. Celtics could be tremendous, though.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
Lebron drama is about to blow up big time. Mike Brown fired this morning

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »
LeBron, I know this might sound supremly Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). But how old is lebron? He's been in the league 7 years? And he has made the finals once, and got swept. I dont care if he average's a Triple Double, You have to have the rings. Michael Jordan without rings- Just another great nba scorer. Kobe Bryant without his rings- just another NBA Scorer. Its the Rings that separate the Great ones. And quite frankly, it seems like lebron chokes? He needs to win, ASAP.
EMAW

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
LeBron, I know this might sound supremly Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). But how old is lebron? He's been in the league 7 years? And he has made the finals once, and got swept. I dont care if he average's a Triple Double, You have to have the rings. Michael Jordan without rings- Just another great nba scorer. Kobe Bryant without his rings- just another NBA Scorer. Its the Rings that separate the Great ones. And quite frankly, it seems like lebron chokes? He needs to win, ASAP.

Lebron is 25 and Jordan was 28 before he won his first ring...don't be a rough ridin' idiot.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »

Lebron is 25 and Jordan was 28 before he won his first ring...don't be a fracking idiot.
Regardless, He will not win more titles, or even tie Kobe Or MJ.. IMO Kobe is going to get 6 titles.
EMAW

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »
I think I just saw a Phoenix guy in the highlights do a :bball: after hitting a 3.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 03:41:27 PM »
New team that it will be fun to root against:  Heat.  Best case scenario is that they struggle and are not a real contender.  Lakers v. Heat could be epic.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »
New team that it will be fun to root against:  Heat.  Best case scenario is that they struggle and are not a real contender.  Lakers v. Heat could be epic.

this.  I'm a lakers fan now.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2010, 10:15:44 PM »
Best case scenario is that [the Heat] struggle and are not a real contender.

:woot:

Love how they are getting hammered in the press right now.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2010, 11:25:04 PM »
Best case scenario is that [the Heat] struggle and are not a real contender.

:woot:

Love how they are getting hammered in the press right now.

whitlock's article today was excellent. i'll try and go find the link.  :cheese:

edit: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/pat-riley-miami-heat-return-to-coaching-inevitable-112410
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:26:40 PM by PandaXpanda »
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »
So are people hating on Lebron because of the dumb "The Decision" special, or the fact that he could take a shortcut to winning a championship?

I can't really get that mad at him for doing The Special. In hindsight it was a terrible decision but Lebron has had people worship him since he was a junior in high school, was anoited "The King" and was wanted just as much as Jordan ever was and this was before Lebron had even played a game in the NBA (see $100 million shoe contract at 18). It's not hard to see how he would think having a nationally-televised event of his impending decision wouldn't garner the same reaction - at least in his eyes.

About the short cut to a championship thing - I don't remember anyone saying Ray Allen or Kevin Garnett were cheating the game by not staying Milwaukee or Minnesota. Ditto for Karl Malone and Gary Payton when they joined the Lakers.

All this being said, I'm enjoying watching the Heat lose.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »
Going to NBA games is 1000x better than watching on the tube
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2010, 05:07:05 PM »
Garnett, Allen, Malone, and Peyton were all very good in their prime but never "Next Jordan" good.  Also, they all moved teams late in their careers to have a few last chances at a ring.  Lebron left his home state in the prime of his career, while playing for a team that was in contention for a finals appearance.  I honestly think no one would have had a problem with the Cavs adding another superstar but Lebron joining Wade's Heat was pathetic.  Dude says he wants to be the best ever but his actions say he really just wants the attention that goes along with being the best ever.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2010, 05:44:25 PM »
Garnett, Allen, Malone, and Peyton were all very good in their prime but never "Next Jordan" good.  Also, they all moved teams late in their careers to have a few last chances at a ring.  Lebron left his home state in the prime of his career, while playing for a team that was in contention for a finals appearance.  I honestly think no one would have had a problem with the Cavs adding another superstar but Lebron joining Wade's Heat was pathetic.  Dude says he wants to be the best ever but his actions say he really just wants the attention that goes along with being the best ever.
Kobe Bryant
EMAW

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2010, 06:01:28 PM »
Kobe is probably a better player but Lebron doesn't even belong in that conversation anyway.  If Lebron wins like 3 rings, I'll revisit this discussion.  Also, Kobe dominates in the crunch, Lebron not so much.  Still don't like Kobe but dude is very good.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Does anybody honestly think that if you put Michael Jordan (in his prime) or Kobe Bryant in place of Lebron, the Heat would not be the best team in the league? D-Wade is the most overrated player in the league, but come on, Lebron.

Personally, I thought that Malone, Payton, and Garnett were all little bitches for leaving their teams to try to get a ring. It was hilarious that Malone never got one.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »
Going to NBA games is 1000x better than watching on the tube

Howling during free throws... priceless.