Author Topic: Rick Perry's prayer circle jerk  (Read 11992 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Rick Perry's prayer circle jerk
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:02:07 PM »
 :facepalm:
What a bunch of lunatics. Instead of fixing our problems, lets just "pray" that they take care of themselves.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Rick Perry's prayer circle jerk
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
What a bunch of lunatics. Instead of fixing our problems, lets just "pray" that they take care of themselves.

Well, I am not that religious, but it may do more good than what the current administration has to offer.  :ck:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »

Well, I am not that religious, but it may do more good than what the current administration has to offer.  :ck:
Keeps the governor of KS occupied so he can't do any more damage than he already has...
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »

Keeps the governor of KS occupied so he can't do any more damage than he already has...

I suppose that's the only positive that can come out of it - By doing nothing to help our problems, at least they're doing nothing to make them worse at the same time.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
This is all you need to know about Rick Perry:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »

What it does do is give us an answer whether god exists or not.  If the US quickly pulls out of recession, adds 4-5% employment, balances the budget and gets an unconditional surrender from Al Queda, it is clear God exists and we had neglected God and jesus as a country and these guys were able to bail us out.  

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »
I've considered registering as a Republican so I can vote in the Missouri primary for Romney.

We need to do everything in our power to prevent Rick "Pray for Rain" Perry as far away from the White House as humanly possible.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 06:17:34 PM »

Rick Perry will probably be the President of the United States for 8 of the next 9 years.

I don't give a eff if he worships jesus, satan, ala, the sun, or zeus.  The only people who give a eff about a candidates religion are the abortion zealots, the anti-abortion zealots, and the religion bigots.  He's a far better option than the senator currently playing president.  Just like Brownback was a better option than __[???]____. 

In a two party system you only have two choices.  :thumbs:  If you don't like it, don't vote or write someone in (fyi, not voting saves you time, which is what I do).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 06:59:08 PM »
I've considered registering as a Republican so I can vote in the Missouri primary for Romney.

We need to do everything in our power to prevent Rick "Pray for Rain" Perry as far away from the White House as humanly possible.

Please, vote for Ron Paul instead

Rick Perry will probably be the President of the United States for 8 of the next 9 years.

I don't give a eff if he worships jesus, satan, ala, the sun, or zeus.  The only people who give a eff about a candidates religion are the abortion zealots, the anti-abortion zealots, and the religion bigots.  He's a far better option than the senator currently playing president.  Just like Brownback was a better option than __[???]____. 

In a two party system you only have two choices.  :thumbs:  If you don't like it, don't vote or write someone in (fyi, not voting saves you time, which is what I do).

This is silly. Perry is scum as much as Obama is. An "Elitist" douche bag that's just drumming up support from the lunatic Christians only to stab them in the back if he gets elected. They're easy to manipulate, and very dumb (talking Christian fundamentalists here, young Earthers etc. Not the avg Christian).Perry is only entering the race to knock Ron Paul out. That's his only purpose. The elites are afraid of losing power to Paul, although if he by some miracle gets elected they will give him the JFK treatment. Perry will just continue the neo-con agenda of destroying our nation and the rest of the world. Simply a passing of the torch from Bush, to Barry, to Perry.

As far as not voting I couldn't agree more. If the two party dictatorship only lets you vote for a turd sandwich or a giant douche, than why vote?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »

This is silly. Perry is scum as much as Obama is. An "Elitist" douche bag that's just drumming up support from the lunatic Christians only to stab them in the back if he gets elected. They're easy to manipulate, and very dumb (talking Christian fundamentalists here, young Earthers etc. Not the avg Christian).

Speaking of being very dumb, aren't you a truther?

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »

Wheat Jesus wants to give you wheat and salvation.  Will you take either?

Offline chunkles

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
Perry's on the side of wheat and Jesus. 

Offline chunkles

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
Therefore vote Perry and take the rough ridin' wheat and salvation you stupid idiot fucks. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 08:02:11 PM »
Rumblings that Tannoujdi was there in person.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »

I don't give a eff if he worships jesus, satan, ala, the sun, or zeus.  The only people who give a eff about a candidates religion are the abortion zealots, the anti-abortion zealots, and the religion bigots.  He's a far better option than the senator currently playing president.  Just like Brownback was a better option than __[???]____.  

In a two party system you only have two choices.  :thumbs:  If you don't like it, don't vote or write someone in (fyi, not voting saves you time, which is what I do).

This is silly. Perry is scum as much as Obama is. An "Elitist" douche bag that's just drumming up support from the lunatic Christians only to stab them in the back if he gets elected. They're easy to manipulate, and very dumb (talking Christian fundamentalists here, young Earthers etc. Not the avg Christian).

Speaking of being very dumb, aren't you a truther?

Don't question your government. Accept everything they say. They are always correct, and always looking out for your best interests.

So in short, of course not. Buildings fall at free fall speed and completely incompetent pilots can navigate huge aircraft like aces and jet fuel creates molten steel that stays that way for weeks.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:33:30 PM by pike »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »

This is silly. Perry is scum as much as Obama is. An "Elitist" douche bag that's just drumming up support from the lunatic Christians only to stab them in the back if he gets elected. They're easy to manipulate, and very dumb (talking Christian fundamentalists here, young Earthers etc. Not the avg Christian).Perry is only entering the race to knock Ron Paul out. That's his only purpose. The elites are afraid of losing power to Paul, although if he by some miracle gets elected they will give him the JFK treatment. Perry will just continue the neo-con agenda of destroying our nation and the rest of the world. Simply a passing of the torch from Bush, to Barry, to Perry.

As far as not voting I couldn't agree more. If the two party dictatorship only lets you vote for a turd sandwich or a giant douche, than why vote?

Had I known how devious he actually was . . .  :ohno:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »

Just an IMO

But seriously, he's a sleezball  :sdeek:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 08:47:18 PM »

Just an IMO

But seriously, he's a sleezball  :sdeek:

If he can foster an economic environment that makes my personal income go up I honestly do not give a eff.

Texas is growing jobs at a far faster pace than the rest of the country (and they lost NASA :sdeek:)

The number is so big that it sounds like a tall tale: 48 percent of the net jobs created in the U.S. since the recovery have been in the Lone Star State.

That fact comes from the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, using nonfarm payroll data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and its own analysis. From June 2009 through April 2011, the country added 496,000 jobs, and the Dallas Fed says that 237,000 of them were in Texas.

Texas may be big, but only 8 percent of the workforce lives here, so its outsize job growth is giant indeed.

Would take

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
I don't give a eff if he worships jesus, satan, ala, the sun, or zeus.  The only people who give a eff about a candidates religion are the abortion zealots, the anti-abortion zealots, and the religion bigots.

While I despise religion more than just about anything else in this world, that's not my problem with a religious person being President.  Many of my friends and relatives are active religious folks, and that's fine with me.  They are great people, and I'd have them with me in my foxhole any day.

But..."Jesus take the wheel" is not something that I want my elected officials using on a daily basis to help them make policy.

Rick Perry had an official "Pray for Rain" day down in Texas.  That went well.  That's the kind of leadership we need in this country.

Screw the Republicans for making me hope for Romney.  Seriously, eff them.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 09:42:37 PM »

When faced with Rick Perry, I would never vote on principal.  I would vote for the guy most likely to not be Rick Perry.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 10:14:42 PM »
Did it rain?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 10:22:53 PM »
Did it rain?

No.

God's record of response to public prayers is no better than chance. The record of political leaders who wrap themselves in the Lord's mantle is even worse. Rick Perry himself responded to a terrible drought in the state he governs by declaring three days of prayer for rain. Three months later the drought has gotten so bad that at least one Texas town is preparing to recycle urine into drinking water.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/clay-naff/rick-perry-prayer_b_920442.html

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »
HuffPost has a religion section?  :horrorsurprise:

That site is 99% bullshit, 99% hilarious, 99% psychobabble, and 1% well written (not trying to denigrate the author of the rain dance article, just reminiscing on the hilariously stupid crap I've read there)

cue the calculators - 298%