Author Topic: How about that economy???  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
How about that economy???
« on: August 03, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »

:flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How about that economy???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »
you have really been mailing it in lately.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »
you have really been mailing it in lately.

Thanks

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:20:58 AM »
Fortune 500 sitting on piles of cash.....lowest corporate tax rate since WWII....CEO's raking in bumper crop bonuses..........and millions out of work.

Congratulations, this is the America that the right-wing had envisioned....
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:32:04 AM by Bookcat »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »
Fortune 500 sitting on piles of cash.....lowest corporate tax rate since WWII....CEO's ranking in bumper crop bonuses..........and millions out of work.

now all we need is a jobs bill from the "Republicans" to really kill off middle America!!!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »
and if the GOP wants to rail on the Dems for not passing a single budget bill in 800+ days..

well, where is the jobs bill that the Tea Party promised the House? Anything?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »
When in doubt, always discount business distrust of this administration, and to think, Wall Street etc. etc. gave that guy millions.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 09:10:01 AM »
When in doubt, always discount business distrust of this administration, and to think, Wall Street etc. etc. gave that guy millions.

dax...once and for fracking all....he's gulity too. We get it. Every time you post in here you make a point to show the hypocrisy of Obama..and I agree...he's not near liberal enough...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 09:23:39 AM »
He's a selected mega corp/wall street/big bankster.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:30:12 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »

dax...once and for fracking all....he's gulity too. We get it. Every time you post in here you make a point to show the hypocrisy of Obama..and I agree...he's not near liberal enough...

This is no different than saying the Tea Party isn't conservative enough. He was the most liberal senator in the senate (when he voted) before he became POTUS. He just realized his agenda would destroy the country and never be approved by his own house and filibuster-proof, super-majority senate. He's still learning his job, but he's going to run out of time.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »
Fortune 500 sitting on piles of cash.....lowest corporate tax rate since WWII....CEO's raking in bumper crop bonuses..........and millions out of work.

iknowrite.  The gov should step in and show these guys how to create jobs and tell them to stop making so much money.  And don't get me started on those CEO's.  I mean, it is just un American for them to graduate from all of those fancy business schools and work their way up to the top of these evil companies and make salaries like that.  Just makes me  :curse:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:24 PM »

That's a strong statement when Barry is mailing billion dollar checks to corporations as "bail outs"

"Oh uh....my Bilderberg friends businesses are rough ridin' up.....why not lie to the tax payer and put them back in their castles!!"

EDIT:

Didn't see this before I posted, but my point stands

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 04:56:18 PM »
513 points :sdeek:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »
This fishing expedition went well.

Look at the tard libs   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try researching your mindless talking points you rough ridin' dolts.  And then the dow went down 500  :lol: :lol: :lol:

jfc   :facepalm:

It shouldn't be this easy, but it is.  Bookcat, edn and nuttz are gold mines of retardation.   :kstategrad:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 08:08:08 AM »

Try researching your mindless talking points you rough ridin' dolts.  And then the dow went down 500  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It shouldn't be this easy, but it is.  Bookcat, edn and nuttz are gold mines of retardation.   :kstategrad:

So do you think this happened because of the debt ceiling increase or because of the republican "cut spending" deal?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 09:17:01 AM »

Try researching your mindless talking points you effing dolts.  And then the dow went down 500  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It shouldn't be this easy, but it is.  Bookcat, edn and nuttz are gold mines of respectation.   :kstategrad:

So do you think this happened because of the debt ceiling increase or because of the republican "cut spending" deal?

From what I read, the main reason was because of issues in Europe and Japan, and the secondary issue was the American economy.

I guess on a positive note, there was a gain of 117,000 jobs last month.  That exceeded projections by 42,000.  So, that's good.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »

Try researching your mindless talking points you effing dolts.  And then the dow went down 500  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It shouldn't be this easy, but it is.  Bookcat, edn and nuttz are gold mines of respectation.   :kstategrad:

From what I read, the main reason was because of issues in Europe and Japan, and the secondary issue was the American economy.

I guess on a positive note, there was a gain of 117,000 jobs last month.  That exceeded projections by 42,000.  So, that's good.

Yeah, that's what I gathered also, but I just can't help but think that the "Let's hold the economy hostage" politics might have had something to do with it as well.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »
Yeah, that's what I gathered also, but I just can't help but think that the "Let's hold the economy hostage" politics might have had something to do with it as well.

Stock moved violently throughout Friday's session, the Dow swinging more than 400 points in the session, as investors weighed a strong U.S. jobs report and a step towards resolving Europe's escalating debt problems.

So, yeah.  Basically the market got almost all of the losses back today.   :dunno:

I don't think either side in this debate has a real idea of how to improve the economy because they're all focusing on taxes and spending.  I don't think (or at least I haven't seen) anything regarding what to do with millions of workers who were laid off during this recession only to find out that their jobs weren't really needed in the first place after many companies automated and replaced them with better processes, better workers, outsourcing, etc. 

Personally, I believe that with the globalization of business, this was inevitable.  The recession came around and forced businesses to do more with less.  They ultimately found out that they could.  And what they couldn't, they could farm out to some other country for far less in wages and benefits.  The massive unemployment we're seeing now is the end result of years and years of globalization, and the recession gave a lot of companies the excuse they were looking for to eliminate millions of jobs because these people simply weren't needed any longer, and cutting tens of thousands of jobs under the guise of the recession isn't really bad PR like it would be to simply cut them off when the economy is going well.

This may be an incorrect belief, but I think the only way the US can get out of this unemployment funk is to have another New Deal type piece of legislature that would actually put people to work for the government rebuilding our infrastructure and building things like high speed rail, etc., but with the current environment, that's not going to happen.  Or we find a way for foreign businesses to invest in building goods and services in America and using our workers to do it.  However, I don't really see that as a truly viable option either because no one wants to pay an entitled American who thinks everyone, even those without education or 21st century job skills, to have the American Dream when you can have a Chinese or Indian worker doing the same or more for much, much less.

We're heading into a brave new world here, and I don't think Washington is debating the right topics when it comes to the economy.  At some point, we're going to need to put some of the blame at the feet of the American worker for not preparing themselves for the new global marketplace, and we can probably blame the government somewhat for not being honest with people about that reality.

So, I don't lay the current problems at the feet of the Democrats or Republicans.  I just blame them on our culture of entitlement and our government's inability to stare the voter in the face and say that they just aren't as attractive as a worker somewhere else who is willing to work more for less.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »

Stock moved violently throughout Friday's session, the Dow swinging more than 400 points in the session, as investors weighed a strong U.S. jobs report and a step towards resolving Europe's escalating debt problems.

So, yeah.  Basically the market got almost all of the losses back today.   :dunno:

Not sure if serious.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »

Stock moved violently throughout Friday's session, the Dow swinging more than 400 points in the session, as investors weighed a strong U.S. jobs report and a step towards resolvinwg Europe's escalating debt problems.

Not sure if serious.

When I posted that, the market was back up a few hundred points and climbing.  Things were looking like they may have bounced back from yesterday.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »

Not sure what "this" is.  If "this" is the 500 point landslide, lol at you.  If "this" is the economy, then lol at you.

You people can't seriously be this stupid.

Then there was this:

S&P downgrades US credit rating from AAA

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Credit rating agency Standard & Poor's on Friday downgraded the United States' credit rating for the first time in the history of the ratings.

The credit rating agency said that it is cutting the country's top AAA rating by one notch to AA-plus. The credit agency said that it is making the move because the deficit reduction plan passed by Congress on Tuesday did not go far enough to stabilize the country's debt situation.

A source familiar with the discussions said that the Obama administration feels the S&P's analysis contained "deep and fundamental flaws."

S&P said that in addition to the downgrade, it is issuing a negative outlook, meaning that there was a chance it will lower the rating further within the next two years. It said such a downgrade to AA would occur if the agency sees less reductions in spending than Congress and the administration have agreed to make, higher interest rates or new fiscal pressures during this period.

S&P first put the government on notice in April that a downgrade was possible unless Congress and the administration came up with a credible long-term deficit reduction plan and avoided a default on the country's debt.

After months of wrangling and negotiations with the administration, Congress passed this week a debt reduction package at the 11th-hour that averted a possible default.

In its statement, S&P said that it had changed its view "of the difficulties of bridging the gulf between the political parties" over a credible deficit reduction plan.

S&P said it was now "pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics anytime soon."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 08:47:22 PM »

LOL at the libtards

2001 to 2010:  "Bush ran the economy into the ground"

2011:  "Welp, I guess the economy is just out of our control"

Globalization of the economy occurred overnight?  Everyone is against Obama and his brilliant ideas, right?  If they'd just get out of his way. . .

GMAFB you rubes.  LOL at thinking 117,000 is a good jobs number.  LOL at thinking the United States can't control its own economy.  And the biggest LOL LOL LOL LOL has to go to thinking the debt ceiling "crisis" contributed more than a sparrow's fart to our market crash.  Only the most far left keynsian academic no-nothing wonks think the U.S. govt. isn't spending enough.

The economy hasn't shown one realistic sign of growth in almost 4 years now.  All this "blue sky" and "silver lining" nonsense is completely out of gas.  The vix shot up and we're on for a wild ride.  Reality eventually has to set in with you delusional ne'er-do-wells, doesn't it???

The economy rough ridin' sucks /thread

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »

Globalization of the economy occurred overnight?  Everyone is against Obama and his brilliant ideas, right?  If they'd just get out of his way. . .

No one ever said globalization happened overnight or that Obama has a plan to counter it.

You like to surround yourself with strawmen, don't you?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »

No one ever said globalization happened overnight or that Obama has a plan to counter it.

You like to surround yourself with strawmen, don't you?

Oh, so you're just now realizing the economy is global???  C'mon...

How is globalizatoin an excuse for how terrible the US economy is?  There's no straw man, I just read what you assholes posted and responded.  Excuse me for reading between the lines.  So Obama is allowed to rail on GWB and the GOP for "driving the car into a ditch" and then go on to talk about "piling dirt on top of it", then when his crap doesn't work and he's out of "GWB did it" goodwill, all of the sudden "we can't really control what's going on".  You people are incredible.

I'll rap economy, but I haven't read one single thing posted on here that even resembles economic discourse.  It's just politics under some thinly veiled economics guise.  I think ne'er-do-well is a bullseye. 

Seeya at the Bourgeoisie Pig, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

:flush:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 09:15:39 PM »
FSD is killing it today.