Author Topic: they are just strange  (Read 1863 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
they are just strange
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »
everything about this article, it's just so nebraska

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110730/SPORTS/707309838

"walk with me"

or the weird way he ends to article.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: they are just strange
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »
Shatel is...I don't know how to describe him.

He's like a fan mag writer who actually works for a newspaper.  But I guess in Nebraska, they're one in the same, so it's not really that weird there.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »
The coach says he's done talking about the Texas A&M game. But this inquiring mind had one last request.

I'd been on a late, tight deadline that wild and crazy Saturday night when Pelini cemented his image as a raging volcano. There were 16 penalties against Nebraska. I ripped Pelini rather than the officials. I thought that he brought the chaos on himself. But I had heard plenty of stories since. I needed to ask a question I wished I'd had the opportunity to ask after that game.

"Did any of those officials tell you during the game you were going to get jobbed?'' I asked.

"Yes,'' Pelini said.

What did they tell you?

"I won't say,'' he said. "But it was highway robbery. An absolute joke. I've moved on.''

:jerk:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
The coach says he's done talking about the Texas A&M game. But this inquiring mind had one last request.

I'd been on a late, tight deadline that wild and crazy Saturday night when Pelini cemented his image as a raging volcano. There were 16 penalties against Nebraska. I ripped Pelini rather than the officials. I thought that he brought the chaos on himself. But I had heard plenty of stories since. I needed to ask a question I wished I'd had the opportunity to ask after that game.

"Did any of those officials tell you during the game you were going to get jobbed?'' I asked.

"Yes,'' Pelini said.

What did they tell you?

"I won't say,'' he said. "But it was highway robbery. An absolute joke. I've moved on.''

:jerk:

For moving on he sure still whines a lot.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »
Saw a guy this weekend with an Ordered has been Restored Nebraska shirt on.  :thumbs:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »
Pelini is very much a regular guy, and he played that role, too. On Thursday, a trio of fans walked up to him and introduced themselves as part of the Wisconsin Fan Club, and welcomed him to the league. They kibitzed for a good five minutes. Silly small talk. Yes, Bo doing small talk and doing it well.

this was my favorite part.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 04:31:08 PM »
My god, that reads like a small towny newspaper running a feel good piece on the captains of the local 2A high school football team getting ready for the opening game of district play.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »
Shatel has never even been a reporter, he's just a cheerleader disguised as one.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 07:50:59 PM »
Shatel has never even been a reporter, he's just a cheerleader disguised as one.

wasnt it shatel that was on that piece on Nebraska that also had the Evridge de-commit NU and commit KSU part?  It was about firing solich and hiring callahan and blah blah blah.  I think Shatel was on there and said he thought Solich should not have been fired and that Nebraska was a year or two away from being in the national title hunt again with the talent they had...it was hilarious.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 09:49:31 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 08:27:24 AM »

wasnt it shatel that was on that piece on Nebraska that also had the Evridge de-commit NU and commit KSU part?  It was about firing solich and hiring callahan and blah blah blah.  I think Shatel was on there and said he thought Solich should not have been fired and that Nebraska was a year or two away from being in the national title hunt again with the talent they had...it was hilarious.

Solich should not have been fired. He took them to a national championship and won 9 games the season he got fired. The only thing Solich couldn't do at Nebraska was beat K-State.