Author Topic: Should have listened to this dude....  (Read 1329 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Should have listened to this dude....
« on: July 31, 2011, 12:32:22 AM »

Currently, at least 5 illegal wars...

In the past....An endless war in Vietnam, a "war" with the Soviets to spend money on arms for no reason, funneling billions of dollars worth of arms around the world, Iran Contra, dozens of coups led by the CIA to undermine governments that sought to nationalize their natural resources so our fascist government couldn't exploit them (surprised we haven't attacked Venezuela). And to top it off the rough ridin' Pentagon can't account for over 2 trillion dollars. What else?

Jesus Christ....It's all a game to these people. Starting wars between nations and then laughing all the way to the bank. That's awful.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Should have listened to this dude....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:37:41 AM »
bob strawn?  no thanks.  jfc the pit is even shittier than i thought.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 12:42:59 AM »
bob strawn?  no thanks.  jfc the pit is even shittier than i thought.

:flush:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
great post. +1

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
you really have no idea what you are talking about. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »
People can talk about entitlements and discretionary spending all they want, but the Military-Industrial Complex will be what breaks the bank of this nation.  You can't spend over a trillion dollars in a single year on the military and look the American people in the face and talk about making sacrifices to entitlements and other programs.

It's shameful how the military gets a pass in this discussion.  Absolutely shameful.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
People can talk about entitlements and discretionary spending all they want, but the Military-Industrial Complex will be what breaks the bank of this nation.  You can't spend over a trillion dollars in a single year on the military and look the American people in the face and talk about making sacrifices to entitlements and other programs.

It's shameful how the military gets a pass in this discussion.  Absolutely shameful.

be careful with who you are describing to be at fault here.  The MIC is not due to the "military" ie the guys in green uniforms.  It has to do with the fusion of politicians who place troop safety below their political goals and big business defense contractors who easily manipulate the military into believing they need a new product and politicians who are just using the military to look good to their constituents.  I get very weary of people blaming the military for the MIC when it has more to do with politicians and contractors.  If it were the military getting what ever they wanted than you would have GIs openly contesting claims by Secretary of Defense in an active "war"zone.  Now significant blame can be put on the military and their outdated doctrines of warfare which contribute to programs like (insert name of artillery system discontinued about 5ish years ago, I forget the name).
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
but the Military-Industrial Complex will be what breaks the bank of this nation

This is basically the point of my OP. That and how messed up it is that our culture revolves around this business of slaughtering people.

be careful with who you are describing to be at fault here.  The MIC is not due to the "military" ie the guys in green uniforms.  It has to do with the fusion of politicians who place troop safety below their political goals and big business defense contractors who easily manipulate the military into believing they need a new product and politicians who are just using the military to look good to their constituents.  I get very weary of people blaming the military for the MIC when it has more to do with politicians and contractors.  If it were the military getting what ever they wanted than you would have GIs openly contesting claims by Secretary of Defense in an active "war"zone.  Now significant blame can be put on the military and their outdated doctrines of warfare which contribute to programs like (insert name of artillery system discontinued about 5ish years ago, I forget the name).

Well, yeah...I think we're basically on the same page here...except for Politicians and contractors are the MIC.