Author Topic: KU Fan Asks Question About Their Superbowl / Turner Gill Guarantees Victory  (Read 13206 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Though, I'm sure most of their fans just watch for the funny commercials.

lol

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
KU fans should want Bill to go away as much as I do.    :comeatme:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Biggest game in Lawrence  in years.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
It's gonna sting after they realize they've been raped in their own back yard two years in a row.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
he also said on a radio show "Recruit, Beat Missouri, and K-State, Recruit" i LOL'D hard
do any combination of the 3 and you keep a well paying job forever.  seems like a good plan.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Welp...12-2

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I like it like this.  I really don't like for KU to be a big game for us.  It is much more fun as an afterthought.  It will be fun to watch them whiff their way down the available coaches ladder again this next offseason. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what mangino did at ku was an absolute miracle. just a miracle. recruiting players to that place and then being enough of a strategist to win games. just amazing. then they fired him.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what mangino did at ku was an absolute miracle. just a miracle. recruiting players to that place and then being enough of a strategist to win games. just amazing. then they fired him.

thank god

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

thank god

yes, that's what they did/do

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

LOL.  Rubes.  Lew screwed them in so many ways, then just sat in his corner booth at JB Stouts and laughed about it.   :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Yes, but will Mangino 2.0/Water Calming be a success?

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Mangino cannonball into the water off a high dive would be epic

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Mangino knows winning there for even one season in 6 is a miracle.  He isn't ever going back.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

and we had Prince vs. the Fat man on top of that...too good to be true. But they are paying the piper now...and its back to being a one trick pony.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I predict a raucous sellout crowd at ku Memorial Track and Football Stadium.  Their biggest money maker is coming to town for the 2nd year in a row and no doubt the locals will be fired up, possibly yet another all time record crowd??

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
I predict a raucous sellout crowd at ku Memorial Track and Football Stadium.  Their biggest money maker is coming to town for the 2nd year in a row and no doubt the locals will be fired up, possibly yet another all time record crowd??

There's a very good chance this year when ku drops thousands of comped tickets off to the local homeless shelters and various different Kansas City companies, that people might actually attend.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There's a very good chance this year when ku drops thousands of comped tickets off to the local homeless shelters and various different Kansas City companies, that people might actually attend.

Well that is a good point, multiple reports were that during ku home game week last year the streets of KC were literally papered with comp tickets.  Sticks up on sticks distributed to countless businesses. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know quite a few KU fans in Wichita that only attended the bloodfest because of free tickets.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
I know of a few packs of vagrants that were able to fuel their trash fires because of the free tickets.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I know quite a few KU fans in Wichita that only attended the bloodfest because of free tickets.

meanwhile..we were forced to pay some KU twerp $20 so we could park in their lawn on top of a $80 dollar ticket gouge.

Worth every penny to witness 59-7 when they felt they had a chance to beat Coffman (the worst KSU QB in history-phog.net)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like it like this.  I really don't like for KU to be a big game for us.  It is much more fun as an afterthought.  It will be fun to watch them whiff their way down the available coaches ladder again this next offseason. 

If KU fires Gill this season, they will go out and get somebody good like Mike Leach. No doubt about it.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seems like hiring coaches isn't as easy as it had been previously.  Look at the guy UTenn brought in.  Miami's hire was pretty meh for their caliber of program.  I'm not even sure who Stanford hired.  Sure, Leach is unemployed but I think there has to be a reason for that.  No way Minnesota would rather have the dude from Cheney than the pirate.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seems like hiring coaches isn't as easy as it had been previously.  Look at the guy UTenn brought in.  Miami's hire was pretty meh for their caliber of program.  I'm not even sure who Stanford hired.  Sure, Leach is unemployed but I think there has to be a reason for that.  No way Minnesota would rather have the dude from Cheney than the pirate.

Nobody is even interviewing Leach. If he wants a job in the near future, it's probably going to have to be at a stepping stone program.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd take the crap out of Leach but I imagine we would just be his stepping stone back to a high profile job.  But, it's not like TTU was some great job when he took over and he stuck around even after building them into a top 15 type program.  :pray: