Author Topic: what if collein klein is a complete badass?  (Read 79090 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: what if collein klein is a complete badass?
« Reply #600 on: December 06, 2023, 10:17:08 AM »
When aTm doesn't win a natty in 3 years, they're going to fire the whole coaching staff again.  Why would you want to coach at a middle-of-the-road school in the SEC, especially there?

Collin also crapped the bed when we played Texas so idk what Aggies think they're getting.

eff tons of money  :dunno:
Money and I’m assuming he does prefer the political leanings of the south more generally.

Also once you get in the SEC carousel it’s really easy to stick around.

Are the political leanings of the south that much different than in western KS? I don't follow CK on the Twitters or anything, but from what I gather he loves his jeezus a whole lot and that helps him call football plays. Sounds like western KS to me?  :dunno:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 06, 2023, 10:28:16 AM »
When aTm doesn't win a natty in 3 years, they're going to fire the whole coaching staff again.  Why would you want to coach at a middle-of-the-road school in the SEC, especially there?

Collin also crapped the bed when we played Texas so idk what Aggies think they're getting.

Money and I’m assuming he does prefer the political leanings of the south more generally.

Are the political leanings of the south that much different than in western KS? I don't follow CK on the Twitters or anything, but from what I gather he loves his jeezus a whole lot and that helps him call football plays. Sounds like western KS to me?  :dunno:

He follows politicans like Lauren Boebert on twitter.  Cult A&M will fit him quite well. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 06, 2023, 10:31:33 AM »

Yep. And while we can agree that it’s good to have the type of coaches that deeper pockets would like to take off our hands, it points to something bigger imo.

The college football landscape has changed drastically, and looks to continue to evolve.

Klein as an example is likely moving into the stratosphere of the Jeff Lebbys of the world, where top assistants are getting paid $1.8M+/year. Those numbers will only grow as the gulf between the haves and have nots continues to grow.

This is just talking about coaches salaries, but when you add in additional TV money, NIL or what could eventually simply be salaried/contracted players, the gulf becomes exponentially larger.

College football became a big business years ago. Big business at its heart is evil, ever-consuming and ever-coalescing.

The only thing that can really put a stop to it is some type of diminishing returns.

This post probably fits better in the smoke your cigars thread.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 06, 2023, 10:32:45 AM »
I know CK7 is a religious Fundy but how much? Obviously we know the whole not kissing his gf before marriage which can kind of be brushed away as cute and old fashioned but does he think humans and dinosaurs walked the earth together?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 06, 2023, 10:35:25 AM »
We are hearing that initially the major hold up on aTm hiring Klein was his reluctance to tacitly condone their tradition of pre-marital kissing after touchdowns.  Some talk that aTm has offered to forcibly prohibit those acts going forward.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 06, 2023, 10:36:09 AM »
I know CK7 is a religious Fundy but how much? Obviously we know the whole not kissing his gf before marriage which can kind of be brushed away as cute and old fashioned but does he think humans and dinosaurs walked the earth together?

Knowledgeable fundies ascribe to the Gap Theory.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 06, 2023, 10:38:08 AM »

Tell me more

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 06, 2023, 10:39:00 AM »

iirc he follows (followed?) a lot of alt right MAGA/nazi people on twitter. So do a lot of my family members probably though and I still love them for the things unrelated to that stuff.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 06, 2023, 10:41:24 AM »
CK is no doubt a religious nut and follows political nuts, but he wasn't proselytizing it publicly constantly so it really didn't bother me.  Tang likely has less extreme beliefs, sure, but he is far preachier (I don't really have a problem with that either).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2023, 10:45:06 AM »
CK is no doubt a religious nut and follows political nuts, but he wasn't proselytizing it publicly constantly so it really didn't bother me.  Tang likely has less extreme beliefs, sure, but he is far preachier (I don't really have a problem with that either).

yeah, neither bother me in the least

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 06, 2023, 10:45:20 AM »

Tell me more

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 06, 2023, 10:48:08 AM »
Our coaches could be harvesting adrenochrome from babies bought on the black market and I wouldn't care as long as they are winning
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 06, 2023, 10:50:15 AM »

He follows politicans like Lauren Boebert on twitter.  Cult A&M will fit him quite well.

Gotcha, didn't know he was MAGA, but I guess in the end the best MAGA are the ones that keep it quiet. I didn't know those MAGA people existed.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 06, 2023, 11:00:36 AM »
between the state of kansas and the state of texas...one voted overwhelmingly for the people to get to retain the right to choose whether or not to get an abortion. the other state...knew better than let the people decide and the elected officials just pretty much completely outlawed it before the ink was try on the Dobbs decision.

but this is treading into pit territory so i'll leave it at that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 06, 2023, 11:25:08 AM »
the big kitn is ksu basically throwing in the towel at for at least trying to compete with the big dogs. instead we're just ok to be decent in our new crap conference.

They're going to pay that dude $2 million

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 06, 2023, 11:29:02 AM »
End of the day it's shitty timing cause Avery, but this was going to happen (and needed to happen) eventually. He'll be our head coach in 5-7 years and he needs to learn different styles and places and make some money along the way.

Just picking A&M is gross.

Til next time when Klieman retires Klein
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 06, 2023, 11:35:56 AM »
many of these posts belong in the pit

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 06, 2023, 11:37:33 AM »

Klein was "counseled" about his twitter presence.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 06, 2023, 11:40:55 AM »
End of the day it's shitty timing cause Avery, but this was going to happen (and needed to happen) eventually. He'll be our head coach in 5-7 years and he needs to learn different styles and places and make some money along the way.

Just picking A&M is gross.

Til next time when Klieman retires Klein

I think most of the teeth gnashing is about where he going. If he got the Boise State job people wouldn't have their dicks in the dirt, but Avery would still be tampered with.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 06, 2023, 11:44:16 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 06, 2023, 11:47:25 AM »
ITT: Lots of proud bigotry.

Imagine believing in 2023 that there's a virtuous team and an evil team and not just a bunch of actors inspiring people to adopt dumb conflicting positions on issues that don't affect powerful interests so those powerful interests can keep strip mining the world for their own benefit!  LOL.  Rubes.

My view on CK's politics has been made clear and I'm not going to restate that here, he's gone, and I don't care. I will say this though in regard to your post. If your side, whatever it is, has a platform of restricting anyone's rights, that's inherently evil. People should always call that out, no matter the message board, topic, dinner party company, whatever.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 06, 2023, 12:06:31 PM »
CK leaving is fine.  If he poaches Avery, we riot.

Yea if he takes players/coaches with him we riot.

Dude.  I can't handle that kind of thing these days.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 06, 2023, 01:06:37 PM »
CK leaving is fine.  If he poaches Avery, we riot.

Yea if he takes players/coaches with him we riot.

Dude.  I can't handle that kind of thing these days.

Yeah, Lil SF has an AJ signed helmet under the tree. If CK takes him and I have to give my kid an outdated gift, I'm going to be mad.

Offline archmike

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 06, 2023, 01:37:39 PM »
MR, very nicely put. 
If you were single, a woman and looked exactly like Alyssa Milano, I'd marry you and buy you Cat season tickets on the 35 yard line (lower bowl).

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 06, 2023, 03:02:31 PM »

iirc he follows (followed?) a lot of alt right MAGA/nazi people on twitter. So do a lot of my family members probably though and I still love them for the things unrelated to that stuff.

So he follows (followed?) a lot of good-hearted, wholesome people that are the antithesis of nazi "people." It's not like he followed a bunch of brown-shirt like ANTIFA or militant BLM supporters.