Author Topic: New Uniforms Master Thread  (Read 552840 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms Master Thread
« Reply #2075 on: November 04, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »
jfc  :Yuck:

SportsCenter ?@SportsCenter  8m 
Check out what Northwestern will wear vs. Michigan to raise awareness for Wounded Warrior Project

In case some of you can't tell those uniforms, helmets, and gloves have simulated blood splatter on them, meant to signify the blood of a wounded warrior.

I think it's supposed to just look worn and they did a really terrible job at it. Unless there is some alien blood on the "stars" side of the helmet.

yeah, not sure how you have a worn flag with crisp lines and random streaks.  But that would have been pretty silly to have blood spatter.

I don't know who hjkfhdkdnd and why it questioned me but the red splatters are exactly what I said they were, blood splatter. I'm not going to do the work of posting a link when I already posted the info; its on espn, fox, deadspin, cbs sportsline, usa today, etc.

Offline hjfklmor

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 05, 2013, 06:43:11 AM »

Check out what Northwestern will wear vs. Michigan to raise awareness for Wounded Warrior Project

In case some of you can't tell those uniforms, helmets, and gloves have simulated blood splatter on them, meant to signify the blood of a wounded warrior.

I think it's supposed to just look worn and they did a really terrible job at it. Unless there is some alien blood on the "stars" side of the helmet.

yeah, not sure how you have a worn flag with crisp lines and random streaks.  But that would have been pretty silly to have blood spatter.

I don't know who hjkfhdkdnd and why it questioned me but the red splatters are exactly what I said they were, blood splatter. I'm not going to do the work of posting a link when I already posted the info; its on espn, fox, deadspin, cbs sportsline, usa today, etc.

Quote from: Northwestern
The special Northwestern University football uniforms designed by Under Armour in support of the Wounded Warrior Project feature a distressed pattern on both the stars and stripes that was inspired by the appearance of a flag that has flown proudly over a long period of time. We apologize for any misinterpretation.

We're very proud of the partnership we have with the Wounded Warrior Project and look forward to auctioning off each of the jerseys after they're worn on the field November 16, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to support the Project.
  :dunno:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:47:04 AM by hjfklmor »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 05, 2013, 08:20:30 AM »
if they called that "captain america" unis or something, i would love them.  not a big fan of the troops, etc.
Not a fan of freedom either are you?!?! You communist eff

:Yuck:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 05, 2013, 09:37:18 AM »
i don't have a problem with camo powercats as an idea, but the execution was definitely lacking. looked scuffed / dirty on TV
First change to our helmets in 24 years! :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 05, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
i don't have a problem with camo powercats as an idea, but the execution was definitely lacking. looked scuffed / dirty on TV

Nuh uh, we added the protruding Powercat stamp to the front! Big time!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 05, 2013, 10:54:43 AM »
if they called that "captain america" unis or something, i would love them.  not a big fan of the troops, etc.
Not a fan of freedom either are you?!?! You communist eff

:Yuck:

:lol: :lol:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 05, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »

Nuh uh, we added the protruding Powercat stamp to the front! Big time!
I found one of these laying on the field after the NDSU game.  It is currently stuck to my sunglasses case.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 05, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
I thought these colors didn't run?  :confused:

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 05, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »
Are the blood splatters custom painted for each uni?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 05, 2013, 11:20:15 AM »
Custom "painted"

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: November 05, 2013, 11:48:30 AM »
I thought these colors didn't run?  :confused:
Not that kind of run.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »

Sorry for the unsubstantiated call out.  I mean to drop this link into my post but missed it. 
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/northwestern_to_wear_blood_spa.html

I can't imagine anyone with WWP even considering blood spatter.  If you've met any of them you'd know that wouldn't fly.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 06, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »
I can't believe how quickly and largely this "blood splatter" nonsense blew up. People will believe absolutely anything they read on the internet. I looked at a thread on one of the WVU sites I browse occasionally and just laughed. The idiocy displayed wa second to none. I couldn't even post a corrective reply because I didn't want to be lumped in with such stupidity.

The uniforms are dumb, but the backlash from misinformed idiots who can't just see that it's a worn flag pattern takes it to an astronomical level.  :facepalm:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 06, 2013, 08:09:14 AM »
It's easier to understand the confusion when you realize that the red on the American flag represents the blood that was spilled fighting for a new nation.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 06, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »

It's easier to understand the confusion when you realize that the red on the American flag represents the blood that was spilled fighting for a new nation.

:Wha:

Seriously though, I've got a pretty solid grasp on what the flag stands for, it's just the jingoistic attitude from uneducated morons that astounds me.  Btw, I wasn't insulting anyone here. You all handled it with a bit more intelligence than many others on other sites/boards.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 06, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »
I understand wanting to honor those who have made such great sacrifices for our nation. But, the issue I have with all this is that at some point it just becomes a gimmick, an excuse to wear another crazy uniform because recruits like uniforms. also its under armour which is garbage.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 06, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »
I have eyes and a brain, and that is blood splatter.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 06, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
I didn't realize that South Carolina's unis were not allowed because of the contrast in colors between the jerseys and numbers.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 06, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »
It's not even a real flag JFC  :facepalm:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 06, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 06, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 06, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
WHAT AM I LOOKING AT FENCE?

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 06, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »
I for one am going to feel sorry for Marcus for having to watch "his team" get slaughtered right before his eyes again on Saturday. Just a bad deal all around...

Texas Tech to wear ‘Lone Survivor’ uniforms against Kansas State

The all-gray ensemble with special helmets will be in support of the Lone Survivor Foundation which was formed after Marcus Luttrell's 2007 book "Lone Survivor." The book details Operation Redwing in Afghanistan, where 19 members of Navy SEAL Team 10 died.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/texas-tech-wear-lone-survivor-uniforms-against-kansas-190258624--ncaaf.html

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 06, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »

I'm not sure. I'll let you know later.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 06, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »

I'm not sure. I'll let you know later.

well done. but your second sentence, as we all know, is a bold faced lie.