Author Topic: New Uniforms Master Thread  (Read 552199 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms Master Thread
« Reply #3500 on: September 17, 2022, 02:06:57 PM »
we also look hot af of course as well

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: September 17, 2022, 04:09:08 PM »
I like our new unis but we suck some major ass playing with them
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: September 17, 2022, 05:29:42 PM »
These must be burned. Should have saved them for a winnable game.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: September 17, 2022, 06:48:11 PM »
rough ridin' dumb luck we lose whenever we wear alternate threads. Tulane? rough ridin' Tulane? eff me running.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: September 18, 2022, 12:59:01 AM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: September 19, 2022, 11:50:04 AM »
I could be wrong, but we've worn white pants at home* only twice, right? And both times we were 2+ TD favorites and lost.

This gives the tucks so much ammo for never switching up the uniforms.

*remembered we wore them for the bowl game we lost as well, so this is a home stat only.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: September 23, 2022, 12:51:10 PM »
so, what do we do with the white helmets? so much waste for 1 game

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: September 23, 2022, 01:22:24 PM »
so, what do we do with the white helmets? so much waste for 1 game

Cover them with little Powercat stickers when guys make good plays.  Eventually you'll never see the white?

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: June 28, 2023, 09:46:14 AM »
https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2023/6/28/sports-extra-leader-of-the-swag-team.aspx

Now you guys know where to direct all of your uniform hatred

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: June 28, 2023, 09:55:33 AM »
et tu, Al?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: June 30, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »
"I'm probably a traditionalist," Cerbe says. "When you turn on a game and see silver helmet, purple jersey and silver pants you know Kansas State is on TV. I love that we're up there with Alabama, USC, Penn State, Texas and OU when you start talking about tradition."

It's a recipe that's seldom been altered.

"When Coach Klieman came in, we used the camo helmet for Fort Riley Day, which was a really cool project," he says. "When we put the white helmet out there, around the second time we wore it, I said, 'Man, white pants would look tremendous with that helmet.' We did a white-purple-white look, and it was still a classic look, utilized our colors, and it was a lot of fun. Then came the 'Cats' script – I threw it on a hoodie and it blew up. It was pretty easy to throw it on a helmet decal. When Coach Snyder was here, guys always joked, 'Let's do a black uniform.'

"The uniform thing is cool. It fits Oregon, Oklahoma State, TCU and some of these programs that back then were trying to garner some flash. Coach Snyder wasn't worried about flash, and Coach Klieman loved our uniform and wanted to remain a traditionalist while doing a couple things."

And there are a couple things Cerbe has no plans of implementing for the football program.

"As a traditionalist, I don't ever want to open a season with anything but a traditional uniform, unless the order comes from (athletic director) Gene Taylor or Coach Klieman," he says. "I will never have us wear anything different for KU. I don't believe in it. I probably won't do anything different against a Texas or OU, or anything else. College football is tough. You can't really say, 'This will be a great game, let's throw out our alternates.' I have tons of ideas. I like our throwback stuff. I'm not going to create a new Wildcat. One big thing is lavender – I love it but it's a basketball thing, and I'm not going step on their toes with lavender uniforms. And I don't want to see lavender on a helmet.

"I love the old-school interlocking 'K-S-U' and some of that history. If I'm ever going to do anything it's going to be dabbling into that kind of stuff. Black is not one of our school colors. It's a great accent color but it's not for uniforms. We're purple and white. And, man, we look good on TV. I want our pants to shine and match our helmets. That's tradition. Somebody want to mess with the stripe on the silver helmet? No. Nobody messes with the silver helmet."

Ugh.  :Yuck:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: June 30, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »
"I'm probably a traditionalist," Cerbe says. "When you turn on a game and see silver helmet, purple jersey and silver pants you know Kansas State is on TV. I love that we're up there with Alabama, USC, Penn State, Texas and OU when you start talking about tradition."

It's a recipe that's seldom been altered.

"When Coach Klieman came in, we used the camo helmet for Fort Riley Day, which was a really cool project," he says. "When we put the white helmet out there, around the second time we wore it, I said, 'Man, white pants would look tremendous with that helmet.' We did a white-purple-white look, and it was still a classic look, utilized our colors, and it was a lot of fun. Then came the 'Cats' script – I threw it on a hoodie and it blew up. It was pretty easy to throw it on a helmet decal. When Coach Snyder was here, guys always joked, 'Let's do a black uniform.'

"The uniform thing is cool. It fits Oregon, Oklahoma State, TCU and some of these programs that back then were trying to garner some flash. Coach Snyder wasn't worried about flash, and Coach Klieman loved our uniform and wanted to remain a traditionalist while doing a couple things."

And there are a couple things Cerbe has no plans of implementing for the football program.

"As a traditionalist, I don't ever want to open a season with anything but a traditional uniform, unless the order comes from (athletic director) Gene Taylor or Coach Klieman," he says. "I will never have us wear anything different for KU. I don't believe in it. I probably won't do anything different against a Texas or OU, or anything else. College football is tough. You can't really say, 'This will be a great game, let's throw out our alternates.' I have tons of ideas. I like our throwback stuff. I'm not going to create a new Wildcat. One big thing is lavender – I love it but it's a basketball thing, and I'm not going step on their toes with lavender uniforms. And I don't want to see lavender on a helmet.

"I love the old-school interlocking 'K-S-U' and some of that history. If I'm ever going to do anything it's going to be dabbling into that kind of stuff. Black is not one of our school colors. It's a great accent color but it's not for uniforms. We're purple and white. And, man, we look good on TV. I want our pants to shine and match our helmets. That's tradition. Somebody want to mess with the stripe on the silver helmet? No. Nobody messes with the silver helmet."

Ugh.  :Yuck:

This makes me glad we got Cerbe is running the show.  Sorry SB, but you would really eff up a K-State tradition.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: June 30, 2023, 07:04:24 PM »
That guy really sucks

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: June 30, 2023, 07:12:54 PM »
I have a hard time believing that the equipment manager actually makes any of those sorts of decisions. Sounds like a guy with an over inflated ego.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: July 02, 2023, 01:22:28 PM »
I have a hard time believing that the equipment manager actually makes any of those sorts of decisions. Sounds like a guy with an over inflated ego.
I do too but who else would it be? He basically says right there that he’d do something of Kleiman specifically requested it.

I also don’t generally have an issue with his philosophies.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: July 03, 2023, 08:47:52 AM »
I do too but who else would it be? He basically says right there that he’d do something of Kleiman specifically requested it.

A lot of what he said was ok, especially for a majority of the games... but holy crap I hope there comes a day when uniform stuff isn't all about 50+ year old gray haireds and maybe the kids in the program have some say for a few games and the kids we're recruiting see that, etc. 

This quote was really rough ridin' stupid.

College football is tough. You can't really say, 'This will be a great game, let's throw out our alternates.'

Uh, yes. Yes you can.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: July 03, 2023, 09:21:54 AM »

In other words, "it's not actually my call." His perspective makes me wonder if he ever had a conversation with Wefald about equipment being part of the front porch.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: July 03, 2023, 10:15:22 AM »

A lot of what he said was ok, especially for a majority of the games... but holy crap I hope there comes a day when uniform stuff isn't all about 50+ year old gray haireds and maybe the kids in the program have some say for a few games and the kids we're recruiting see that, etc. 

This quote was really rough ridin' stupid.

College football is tough. You can't really say, 'This will be a great game, let's throw out our alternates.'

Uh, yes. Yes you can.

Well said. Even though I don't have a cat in this fight, some of youse guys really are overly protective of your basic-ass uniforms. I don't have strong opinions about uniforms, but yeah--do what the kids want. I've always been befuddled at how uniform threads on the Phog get blown up. Buncha old men arguing about fashion, and you're gonna hear about it!  :lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: July 03, 2023, 03:36:03 PM »
It seems like we lose when they go with alt uniforms.  Why in the eff do most blue bloods keep the same style of uniforms?  Could it be traditions? Also, our choice of alt uniforms sucks ass.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: July 03, 2023, 03:39:12 PM »

In other words, "it's not actually my call." His perspective makes me wonder if he ever had a conversation with Wefald about equipment being part of the front porch.

:thumbs:

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: July 03, 2023, 03:59:55 PM »
thank god these choices are made by adults and not children of the lower order who bring us nothing but laughter, disdain, and losses. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: July 03, 2023, 07:23:05 PM »
thank god these choices are made by adults and not children of the lower order who bring us nothing but laughter, disdain, and losses.

:thumbs:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: July 03, 2023, 07:41:36 PM »
I love the old-school interlocking 'K-S-U' and some of that history. If I'm ever going to do anything it's going to be dabbling into that kind of stuff.

50+ silver fox for those who want to skip to next post...

I will judge this guy by this quote.  He's already missed the 40th anniversary of our first bowl team.  I know most thinks it is bland, but that's just me.   Just wear the 82 unis once, and I am good forever.

I've warmed to the Cats script logo despite it being from the Parrish era.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: July 03, 2023, 11:45:28 PM »
Tom, as a boomer I concur with your choice.  The more I see these helmets, the more I like them sexy SOBs.