Author Topic: confirmed  (Read 1570 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
confirmed
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »
Terry Bradshaw admitted to being a q@s fan today.

Also, lou holtz more or less called Mark May an bad person....in a roundabout way.

Source: MadCat

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: confirmed
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:34:12 PM »

Also, lou holtz more or less called Mark May an bad person....in a roundabout way.

Did you stay for massa seff?

I couldn't make it throught the "used to be a drug dealer" douche trying to teach people how to be spammers. 
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:48:55 AM »

Did you stay for massa seff?

I couldn't make it throught the "used to be a drug dealer" douche trying to teach people how to be spammers. 

Yes, I was ready to go after Bill Cosby but I carpooled.  I felt like yelling at that spammer dude...I can ignore the other get-rich-quick schemes since they won't affect me, but don't pollute my Google search results.  :shakesfist:

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 03:10:10 AM »

Yes, I was ready to go after Bill Cosby but I carpooled.  I felt like yelling at that spammer dude...I can ignore the other get-rich-quick schemes since they won't affect me, but don't pollute my Google search results.  :shakesfist:

What was the spammer guy suggesting people do? I do a lot of SEO work so I'm interested to hear what his scheme was.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:34:11 AM »

What was the spammer guy suggesting people do? I do a lot of SEO work so I'm interested to hear what his scheme was.

I left during the first part of his presentation, but here was what I got.  He was pushing an "automated marketing machine" operation.   I believe it involved determining the best selling items on Amazon using their "movers and shakers" pages.  He would spin up a web page with the name of a product (like weberoutdoorgrillandrange.com, etc.) that had not much more than a Google ad or other pay-for-clicks link.  I don't know a lot of SEO, so I'm not sure why his pages would get on the first page of Google results.

The guy's name is Stephen Pierce.  I think this is pretty much what he was peddling:
Smart pages are basically software generated pages that are cloaked to the search engines and show a different page to regular visitors. This strategy can be used to show a regular optimized page to the spiders and show a salesletter page to visitors, giving you the best of both worlds – a good converting page that ranks well. The search engines have caught on to cloaking with smart pages and it is a strategy that can get your website banned.
http://www.imreportcard.com/people/stephen-pierce

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:36:09 PM »
so was Bill Self any good?   Were there any people left to hear him?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
so was Bill Self any good?   Were there any people left to hear him?

I'm not very good at estimating crowds, but it looked like about 1/4 of the people were still around.  I didn't get much out of it; it was pretty much Self's self-deprecating speech with some KU basketball references thrown in.  He did say he liked Frank because good competition makes them better as well.  He also pretty much stepped on the necks of the Wichita State fans regarding "when will KU play WSU".

They picked the wrong person to go last, that is for sure.