Author Topic: Everyone..this isn't political...its about reducing the debt.....  (Read 8581 times)

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

I just hope the job creators realize that next week......they're going down with us.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone..this isn't political...its about reducing the debt.....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:52:22 AM »

I just hope the job creators realize that next week......they're going down with us.

Give me a break Bookcat, this Office of Management and Budget person is a total dumb, nit headed, liberal pinko, dumb ass, whore broad who should get back in the kitchen and make my rough ridin' fried bologna sandwiches and sun tea.  She is so stupid she did the chart all wrong, they didn't raise those republicans didn't raise the debt ceiling while asking for sweeping spending cuts, they INCREASED the debt ceiling.  That's completely different you dumbass liberal.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »
So our government is a clusterfuck, and the two party system is a failure...what else is new.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »
So our government is a clusterfuck, and the two party system is a failure...what else is new.

bingo

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
What's so hard to understand here, the fake left/right paradigm.

But also understand that Democrats stood on both floors of Congress in 2006 and 2007 and shrieked about everything; debt, budget deficits, wars, you name it.

Their fix for all of that once they took over both houses of Congress?  Record war spending, record budget deficits, record debt increase acceleration.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 02:13:31 PM »

But also understand that Democrats stood on both floors of Congress in 2006 and 2007 and shrieked about everything; debt, budget deficits, wars, you name it.

Their fix for all of that once they took over both houses of Congress?  Record war spending, record budget deficits, record debt increase acceleration.

but did  they vote to increase the debt ceiling when it came time for GDUBYA to pay the effing piper? Damn right they did.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »

but did  they vote to increase the debt ceiling when it came time for GDUBYA to pay the effing piper? Damn right they did.

Maybe they shouldn't have? We know Obama didn't want to and voted no.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
So, what kind of budget deficits and debt ceiling increases were we talking about then Book?

Remember when a $200 Billion or $300 Billion dollar budget deficit seemed huge?

Oh but wait, the built excuse these days is, "But, but we were in a recession, so naturally we MUST have $1 trillion dollar budget deficits (and continue to vote for every war spending bill, troop surges etc. etc. etc. etc)".

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »
So, what kind of budget deficits and debt ceiling increases were we talking about then Book?

Oh but wait, the built excuse these days is, "But, but we were in a recession, so naturally we MUST have $1 trillion dollar budget deficits (and continue to vote for every war spending bill, troop surges etc. etc. etc. etc)".

Look, the same morons that appropriated all this money are now complaining that the gubment is spending ZOMG! soooo much money that raising the debt ceiling TOOOKER JAAAAABS!

Remember when the Bush tax cuts were passed with a sunset to game the CBO score and the wars were fought on supplementals and then Medicare Part D? 

These were enormous fiscal time bombs.  That sunsetting the Bush tax cuts is beyond the pale says everything there is to know about the seriousness of this issue.

Obama unquestionably is to blame for plenty.  I think his foreign policy record will go down as completely scatterbrained, ineffectual, and expensive.

But it is simply a misstating of the facts to claim that the majority of these deficits are the result of his policies.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »

Look, the same morons that appropriated all this money are now complaining that the gubment is spending ZOMG! soooo much money that raising the debt ceiling TOOOKER JAAAAABS!

Remember when the Bush tax cuts were passed with a sunset to game the CBO score and the wars were fought on supplementals and then Medicare Part D? 

These were enormous fiscal time bombs.  That sunsetting the Bush tax cuts is beyond the pale says everything there is to know about the seriousness of this issue.

Obama unquestionably is to blame for plenty.  I think his foreign policy record will go down as completely scatterbrained, ineffectual, and expensive.

But it is simply a misstating of the facts to claim that the majority of these deficits are the result of his policies.

Repubs wanted lower taxes...got it.
Repubs wanted carte blanche to go after Iraq and Afghanistan...got that too. (WMDs)

Dems wanted to keep entitlements...got it...
Dems wanted to expand and experiment with shaky and wasteful social programs ...got it....

complete clustereff.

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »
Watch this.  Skip to about a minute in.

The tard that edited this tried to manipulate it to slam Obama, but it's pretty much the truth about our government in general.
I'm not a psychopath.  I'm a high-functioning sociopath.  Do your research.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
ha hi was actually listening to some Bill Hicks last night. rough ridin' hilarious

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 07:30:07 AM »
ha hi was actually listening to some Bill Hicks last night. effing hilarious

You need to see American: The Bill Hick Story

amazing documentary on his life and comedy. Ahead of his time. Died too soon.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 09:57:53 AM »
Hey do you think Canada would buy the state of Maine from us for a couple Billion?  That might help our financial problem, or maybe Hawaii  I can't even drive there from where I live so we could sell that to Japan or something and get another Billion.  I'm just kind of brain storming here.  Can we sell off some of our un-used military equipment? I know that the higher ups like Oliver North sell them for personal pocket change but maybe he has some contacts where we can unload some product too.  

Just spit balling here guys

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
Did anyone actually think this "debt ceiling" bullshit would be decided at any time other than the absolute 11th hour?  Shame on you if you didn't.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »
ha hi was actually listening to some Bill Hicks last night. effing hilarious

You need to see American: The Bill Hick Story

amazing documentary on his life and comedy. Ahead of his time. Died too soon.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Great movie!  Go stream it now!

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/28/balkin.obama.options/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"$1 trillion coins"

Crafty libs....

This article is really insightful as well:  http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/27/miron.debt.ceiling/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Read that too. It has some merit until you read:

The Democrats therefore want to address the deficit with higher taxes on "the rich," not expenditure cuts.

There are TRILLIONS in cuts to entitlement programs written in Harry Reid's Senate bill right now....which are in direct opposition to any of the lobbyists which put many of the Dems in office. You can gaurantee that this Bill (if passed) will be run on every attack ad aimed directly at anyone who votes against an entitlement in the next election.

So, in essence, not only does the tiny tea party minority want to have the House Bill passed which makes NO compromise whatsoever..but they also want the Democrats to go completely against their promises despite holding a Senate Majority and a Democratic President.

Eff them. Eff them hard.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:25:21 AM by Bookcat »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »
There are TRILLIONS in cuts to entitlement programs written in Harry Reid's Senate bill right now....which are in direct opposition to any of the lobbyists which put many of the Dems in office.

this is a bald faced lie
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:56:02 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »
There are TRILLIONS in cuts to entitlement programs written in Harry Reid's Senate bill right now....which are in direct opposition to any of the lobbyists which put many of the Dems in office.

this is a bald faced lie

Yea, unless MSNBC is lying, there is only $1 trillion in cuts over 10 years, mostly discretionary spending. This looks like a big do-nothing bill and will have no affect on reducing the debt. I would guess we will be another $6-$7 trillion deeper in debt within 10 years if we don't do something about entitlements, which is 80% of our spending.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »
This isn't one of those reduction of the increases "spending cuts" that Washington is famous for is it?

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
do something about entitlements, which is 80% of our spending.

this is a bold faced lie

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »
Its fun to come here and read posts of you guys blaming each other's parties and all, but neither of you are dumb enough to believe it one party's fault right?  RIGHT???

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 07:37:44 PM »
Its fun to come here and read posts of you guys blaming each other's parties and all, but neither of you are dumb enough to believe it one party's fault right?  RIGHT???

This is the funny part of politics these days.  No one is right.