Author Topic: Mizzou Fashion Police  (Read 7250 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Mizzou Fashion Police
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:52:33 PM »
It looks stupid....eeew, we're wearing black..we're cool. wear your school colors, wannabe.

it is cute how they ride the official colors of other teams

ksu is wearing black is because purple is one of the gayest colors worn in sports, and they are embarassed by it on tv... It probably hurts recruting in some way.

Just as Texas is burnt orange and white. Apart from white you use silver.

Wear your colors, don't copy off other schools. Wearing blacks on occasion is one thing, but wholly adopting black as your own like your basketball team is just pathetic.

Don't wear black uniforms. It's not an "offset" on anthing.

White with purple accent
Purple with white accent

The only possible exception might be silver, since, over many decades of history, it seems to have been k-State's second, or "unofficial" color. So, silver with purple accent or vice versa would be acceptable.

That's it. Don't try to spin it because your school only felt like coming up with one official color. Unless it is one of your school's official colors, black is unoriginal and played out. Congratulations on your black uniforms, they look terrible.

your colors are purple and white...not JUST purple. You guys are using colors that aren't your own and it is really sad. YOu guys have no identity and are free loading off the identity associated with other schools who have black as their official color, it is pathetic

K-State’s official color—royal purple—was chosen in 1896 by two representatives from each class, but it wasn't approved by the faculty until 1921. Surprising fact: purple is K-State’s only official color, even though it’s commonly paired with white or gray.

Hmm... no mention of black there.

Purple with black trim is fine....but what is the point of wearing a dominant color that isn't your school color?

Whites/Silvers and Purples.  Leave it to a bunch of morons in Manhattan to mess that up by wholly adopting another separate color and freeload off the goodwill of other teams whose colors are actually Black. It is sad and pathetic.

:popcorn:

Lovin' It

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou Fashion Police
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
But...but...but.....It is purple. It's just such a dark shade, it looks black.  :blank:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »
We better pound them this weekend.  Come on OOD!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
apparently they are racist.  :opcat: :opcat:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:03:48 PM »
Jean Shorts Nation shouldn't be making any comments about fashion at all :facepalm:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:15:06 PM by The42Yardstick »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:11:39 PM »
LOL at MU. Black isn't even a color.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 01:30:49 PM »
I found myself arguing with a purple guy...

I can't believe I just did that, and I apologize to all purple guys!

I mean, I usually feel bad for them. They are the bottom of the barrel in the B12 as a school in general, it's in manhattan, bfe, kansas, their color is purple, and I've always thought "2nd rate state" should be in the WAC (it seriously is more their caliber), but I kind of like having the little Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) brother around... fun to play with for a few minutes, but lock him back up in the basement when you're done(disclaimer: that was a joke... just letting all you sensitive people know that)

I usually like k-state people (in a sympathetic, pat you on the head, rah-rah kind of way), but this basketball season has really put something in their head that has made them think they are something else.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »
We have no money, so we couldn't afford to wash our purples after wearing them vs OU

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 01:36:10 PM »
LOL at MU. Black isn't even a color.

Great point. 

The42Yardstick

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »
I found myself arguing with a purple guy...

I can't believe I just did that, and I apologize to all purple guys!

I mean, I usually feel bad for them. They are the bottom of the barrel in the B12 as a school in general, it's in manhattan, bfe, kansas, their color is purple, and I've always thought "2nd rate state" should be in the WAC (it seriously is more their caliber), but I kind of like having the little Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) brother around... fun to play with for a few minutes, but lock him back up in the basement when you're done(disclaimer: that was a joke... just letting all you sensitive people know that)

I usually like k-state people (in a sympathetic, pat you on the head, rah-rah kind of way), but this basketball season has really put something in their head that has made them think they are something else.

I'd say that the lack of perspective is absolutely stunning, but most methU fans are like this :facepalm:.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »
Let see, their colors are black & gold/yellow, right?  I distinctly remember them wearing white jersey's/shorts with black/gold trim.  LOL at stealing our white for their home uni's.

:lol:

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »
Has mizzou chimed in on the Carolina silver uniforms?

http://twitpic.com/15406a

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »
Duke blacks look elite too.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »
didn't realize a certain poster from here posts on tigerboard.  :users:

If their biggest fault in KSU is our unis, then we are in good shape.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 02:00:43 PM »
It's amazing how many fans of other teams grew to dislike us when the Cats are winning. :ksu:

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 02:06:53 PM »
I would so give up our four final 4's and our current #6 ranking in order to have uniforms that MU fans approve of.

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
It's amazing how many fans of other teams grew to dislike us when the Cats are winning. :ksu:

I don't think Mizzou fans have ever liked us. . . ever
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »
I happen to also think having black unis is stupid and outdated (like jeans shorts).  But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

I have no opinion at all on whatever-the-hell Mizzou wears.  Because they don't matter to me.   :dunno:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 02:37:19 PM »
I was particularly enjoying the "freeloading" idiocy from 023.

I've simply never heard of anyone using  a certain color of uniform being called a freeloader.   

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
Would LOVE for them to start posting over here.   :love:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 02:43:26 PM »

Yes.  Also want Mizzou Mafia here.  Don't think he knows of the exodus from ksufans.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »

Every time I check this thread I hope that there is a Mizzou poster in here.  Would be fun

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 02:53:37 PM »

Every time I check this thread I hope that there is a Mizzou poster in here.  Would be fun
It's fun if you like to fry ants with a magnifying glass, which I do.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »
Why does the national media hate them so much?  They may win on Saturday, finish 2nd in the Big 12 and we'll still be #2 seed in the NCAA tournament and they'll be unranked.  Jesus, is their a rough ridin' cabal out there working against them?   :cry:<-----I do this for disrespected Missouri Fans everywhere.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
Why does the national media hate them so much?  They may win on Saturday, finish 2nd in the Big 12 and we'll still be #2 seed in the NCAA tournament and they'll be unranked.  Jesus, is their a rough ridin' cabal out there working against them?   :cry:<-----I do this for disrespected Missouri Fans everywhere.

My guess is because they haven't been able to string big wins together. They beat us(their best win on the year), then needed OT to beat Ttech, then lost to OU.  They have lost every other "statement" game all year.... uk, TA&M, Baylor - all losses.
If they beat us again, they might get a little love, but have uk coming back as well. Big games for them.
- chunkles