Author Topic: GOP--"We don't have a revenue problem..we have a spending problem."  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I agree.

and during these daily meetings GOP leaders won't even TOUCH the defense budget as part of a debt reduction plan for the next 5 years.

but social security, medicare, health benefits, WIC for single mothers, after school programs, ....yep, those are on the chopping block.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: GOP--"We don't have a revenue problem..we have a spending problem."
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »
It is like pike is swimming around out there and you threw a big juicy chunk of bloody carcass overboard
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:46:54 PM »
We spend more on defense than every other nation in the world combined. I'm pretty sure we would be able to cut the defense budget by 30-40% and still be safe enough.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »
The House actually cut $8 Billion off the increase (to an all time record high military budget request) the Whitehouse wanted.

That of course doesn't include another $33 billion or so for various Nuclear Weapons maintenance programs.   All told, the Obama Whitehouse will ask for a new record, or very close to a new record military/intelligence/DHS complex spending (of course, they're the record holders).

I cannot wait for the fun and games we're going to get from this administration when they try and tell us they are "bringing the troops home" just in time for the election.

In addition, one has to only  :lol: at the fact that the hated entity of all liberals, the CIA, is and will be front and center on the "War on terra" for this administration.   Thus limiting the overall oversight the "war on Terra" will receive.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 04:03:54 PM »
It is like pike is swimming around out there and you threw a big juicy chunk of bloody carcass overboard

:emawkid:

Defense must be cut. Republicans, or anyone for that matter, that think we can solve the debt crisis with out cutting defense is living in a fantasy land.

I mean wtf do we have bases in Germany, Japan, or even Cuba for? Obviously among many others. Were just subsidizing other countries' welfare state because they don't have to raise their own army.

But, this is not a republican/democrat issue.

The military industrial complex DOESN'T want to cut defense, obviously, so it will not be cut.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
I agree. We should let China and Russia be the world's police. We'll all be much better off.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
I agree. We should let China and Russia be the world's police. We'll all be much better off.

Let them bankrupt themselves. Better them than us.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
There's tons of waste in the Defense budget.  It still pales in comaprison to the NON Discretionary spending    :blindfold:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »
From 2000 to 2010 federal spending increased from $1,789B to $3,456B.  For you math majors that a 93% increase in federal spending. Just some Facts

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=200

Tax revenues highest ever 2005-2008 when GWB was president shortly after taxes were cut.

Ought oh, more fact stuff  ("other mandatory" is mostly more welfare entitlements)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:29:51 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
From 2000 to 2010 federal spending increased from $1,789B to $3,456B.  For you math majors that a 93% increase in federal spending. Just some Facts

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=200

Tax revenues highest ever 2005-2008 when GWB was president shortly after taxes were cut.

Ought oh, more fact stuff  ("other mandatory" is mostly more welfare entitlements)

Who was president for 8 out of the 10 years of this 93% increase?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:08:55 AM »
George W. Bush raised the national debt by nearly $5 trillion.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »
If it was a problem when George Bush did it, why isn't it a problem now? 

B.O. has added to the deficit in 2 1/2 years what Bush added to it in 8.  Regardless, that's history, the problem has been identified (spending) now its time to solve it you dumb mother fuckers.  Keep belching you nonsensical talking points, if that's what makes you feel good about supporting this fool.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 08:15:07 PM »

B.O. has added to the deficit in 2 1/2 years what Bush added to it in 8.  Regardless, that's history, the problem has been identified (spending) now its time to solve it you dumb mother effers.  Keep belching you nonsensical talking points, if that's what makes you feel good about supporting this fool.

the problem is spending and revenue.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 09:09:33 PM »

B.O. has added to the deficit in 2 1/2 years what Bush added to it in 8.  Regardless, that's history, the problem has been identified (spending) now its time to solve it you dumb mother effers.  Keep belching you nonsensical talking points, if that's what makes you feel good about supporting this fool.

fix the economy and revenue fixes itself.  It's really rough ridin' simple.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »

Not sure if you heard, but Obama wants to cut the budget by $4 trillion and reform the entire Social Security/Medicare systems.  Republicans are the ones holding up the process based on their inability to compromise.  The simple fact of the matter is that government generates about 99% of its revenue from taxes. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 10:52:51 PM »

fix the economy and revenue fixes itself.  It's really effing simple.

wut

:facepalm:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 11:12:05 PM »

fix the economy and revenue fixes itself.  It's really rough ridin' simple.

business is at a standstill until a deal to up the debt limit is made. despite this fact, there exists a conservative group in the House that has earned the nickname, "the Hell No Caucus." bet it makes you proud too.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »
 :D

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 07:46:07 AM »
dnr this thread but I think we have a problem with both

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »
This whole downward spiral began when Kansas raised the drinking age for 3.2 beer from 18 to 21.  Mark it down.
I'm not a psychopath.  I'm a high-functioning sociopath.  Do your research.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 09:58:21 AM »
dnr this thread but I think we have a problem with both

:horrorsurprise:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »

Not sure if you heard, but Obama wants to cut the budget by $4 trillion and reform the entire Social Security/Medicare systems.  Republicans are the ones holding up the process based on their inability to compromise.  The simple fact of the matter is that government generates about 99% of its revenue from taxes. 

You do, however, seem to have an uncanny ability to lap up and regurgitate the mindless babble that dribbles out of the mouth of the psychopathic, sycophant we call "president"; an indictment on your ability to form any semblance of independent thought and further evidence of your own insanity.  'grats Beems,  you rough ridin' lunatics.

LOL at BMW  :facepalm: so naive

Please place the "Obama wants to cut $4T" in the "here what I say not what I do" category, next to Gitmo, Bush Tax Cuts, Public Option, End Illegal Wars, etc.

Which programs did he suggest get cut to get that figure???  Oh yeah, none, he just said it because he's doing everything in his power to politicize this (as are both parties).

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »

You do, however, seem to have an uncanny ability to lap up and regurgitate the mindless babble that dribbles out of the mouth of the psychopathic, sycophant we call "president"; an indictment on your ability to form any semblance of independent thought and further evidence of your own insanity.  'grats Beems,  you effing lunatics.

LOL at BMW  :facepalm: so naive

Please place the "Obama wants to cut $4T" in the "here what I say not what I do" category, next to Gitmo, Bush Tax Cuts, Public Option, End Illegal Wars, etc.

Which programs did he suggest get cut to get that figure???  Oh yeah, none, he just said it because he's doing everything in his power to politicize this (as are both parties).

He already cut the entire NASA shuttle program, along with several wasteful military defense projects.  You are blinded by irrational hate.