Author Topic: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?  (Read 189308 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #375 on: May 20, 2013, 12:35:59 PM »
fishing pro tip- fake worms don't fool anyone
Fake worms are my go-to.  Specifically, zoom bait with the pinkish blackish kind. Used to catch tons of lunkers with those beauties. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 20, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
fishing would be fun if you didn't have to worry about what to do with a fish once you actually catch it. they're just so gross.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 20, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
fishing would be fun if you didn't have to worry about what to do with a fish once you actually catch it. they're just so gross.
I used to bring gardening gloves with me and I'd strap them on once i caught it.  I really hate touching those slimy bastards.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 20, 2013, 12:45:14 PM »
Fake worms are my go-to.  Specifically, zoom bait with the pinkish blackish kind. Used to catch tons of lunkers with those beauties. 

they don't even look real.  you're really limiting yourself to some dumbass bass if that's your bait of choice. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 20, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »
If any of you fishers wants to load up on some tackle/gear, let me know...I fished Bass Tournaments for years, sold my boat a couple seasons ago & haven't gone out much since.

Got shelves & shelves full of plastics (about a zillion Brush Hogs, good assortment of 7-10" worms, lots of Stanley Ribbits, and some 'rare' stuff like Maverick Bugly's), high end crankbaits (Lucky Craft, Mega Bass, etc), spinnerbaits, jigs (FB & Finesse), etc...may even part with some of my rods reels...I'll prolly hang on to my Revo's & Carrot Sticks, but most of the rest would be up for grabs I reckon.

Plastics & non premium lures I'll make you a deal on...Rods Reels, I'd sell cheaper than eBay to GE'ers if interested, just PM me (I live in NKC btw)

:drool: KC area?

Mainly interested in the different jigs and spinner baits, possibly some of the plastics.

What kind of poles/reels? Never been a fan of bait casters but if you have some spinning reels I might be interested since my 2 good ones vanished a couple months ago(See major scam thread).

What kind of price range are we talking for a reel/pole combo? Not interested in dropping a couple hundred on the fancy shmancy shimano stuff but if its good quality I am willing to pay UP TO $50 for a reel/pole combo.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 20, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »
If any of you fishers wants to load up on some tackle/gear, let me know...I fished Bass Tournaments for years, sold my boat a couple seasons ago & haven't gone out much since.

Got shelves & shelves full of plastics (about a zillion Brush Hogs, good assortment of 7-10" worms, lots of Stanley Ribbits, and some 'rare' stuff like Maverick Bugly's), high end crankbaits (Lucky Craft, Mega Bass, etc), spinnerbaits, jigs (FB & Finesse), etc...may even part with some of my rods reels...I'll prolly hang on to my Revo's & Carrot Sticks, but most of the rest would be up for grabs I reckon.

Plastics & non premium lures I'll make you a deal on...Rods Reels, I'd sell cheaper than eBay to GE'ers if interested, just PM me (I live in NKC btw)

Mainly interested in the different jigs and spinner baits, possibly some of the plastics.

What kind of poles/reels? Never been a fan of bait casters but if you have some spinning reels I might be interested since my 2 good ones vanished a couple months ago(See major scam thread).

What kind of price range are we talking for a reel/pole combo? Not interested in dropping a couple hundred on the fancy shmancy shimano stuff but if its good quality I am willing to pay UP TO $50 for a reel/pole combo.

Sorry, I don't have any spinning stuff (except a couple of shitty ones I keep for crappie fishing), everything in my bass arsenal was baitcaster...I was like you for a long time...take the time & learn the baitcaster...you will look back on spinning gear with amazement & disgust at how long you fished that way once you make the switch.

Best tip I ever got...only put about 25-50yds of line on the baitcaster to start...that way, when you backlash it, you aren't picking out a total birds nest.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:01 PM »

Sorry, I don't have any spinning stuff (except a couple of shitty ones I keep for crappie fishing), everything in my bass arsenal was baitcaster...I was like you for a long time...take the time & learn the baitcaster...you will look back on spinning gear with amazement & disgust at how long you fished that way once you make the switch.

Best tip I ever got...only put about 25-50yds of line on the baitcaster to start...that way, when you backlash it, you aren't picking out a total birds nest.

So do you live in the KC area?

Or did you just want to brag about all the cool fishing stuff you have and make me jealous?  :curse:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 20, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
He said he lives in North Kansas City.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 20, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »
Thanks EMO! I was so excited i skimmed over that part.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »

they don't even look real.  you're really limiting yourself to some dumbass bass if that's your bait of choice.
All bass are dumb.  Evidence: Can't even do simple math. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »
Guyz,is there anything cuter than a lil baby bass?

Maybe a baby panda? Racoon?

Dunno, but if so its a short list.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2013, 05:19:21 PM »
Corporate america business park pond fishing

LIKE A BOSS

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:31 PM »

Boss hog #2

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »
looks like a 16 ouncer!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 21, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »
ben ji - you need to go fishing with Tre.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2013, 03:19:23 PM »

:horrorsurprise: doesnt look like he even used a pole!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2013, 03:22:45 PM »

Would be amazing. It looks like he caught that drum in a farm pond which would be even more amazing since they typically only live in rivers.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2013, 03:24:16 PM »
i caught like a 25 lb drum in a river in florida in high school but it was black and yellow and breathed really loud (like a dum!)
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »

Would be amazing. It looks like he caught that drum in a farm pond which would be even more amazing since they typically only live in rivers.

and lakes
@mikec2w

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 21, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »

and lakes

Yeah, never caught any on lakes but just looked it up and your right. Seems like they would need a bigger area than farm ponds though.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 21, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »
Well really it's like who in the eff would put drum in their farm pond.  That's the $64k question right there ole ben jee.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 21, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »

and lakes

Yeah, never caught any on lakes but just looked it up and your right. Seems like they would need a bigger area than farm ponds though.

Yeah, and after you clean them you can cut open their heads and find little, white "rocks".  It fascinates the kiddos.
@mikec2w

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 21, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »
Fyi NEVER EAT DRUM.

Last summer I was cruising a fishing board and some redneck was talking about how good freshwater drum is.

I went fishing the next day and caught a couple good sized drum and decided to cook them up.

Woof, tasted like shoe leather with lil bones in it.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »

The place he is fishing at looks beautiful.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 22, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »

Yawn